Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or tweener? Cos... erm.... his commentary isn't exactly mega-heel "everyone's wasted", "this place reeks of alcohol" "straight edge means I'm better than you" anymore. It's like he's reverted to ECW Punk. wtf?

·
Legend
1,715 Posts
He's injured and has to do commentary. You seriously wanna hear that for 3 hours on Raw? I don't think so. Going tweener is fine for now. Besides, some of his jokes are funny as shit.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
When the big show buried him. Punk thought to himself ah fuck it if you can't beat em join em.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
JBL did the same thing. He was probably more on the heel side, but he was still a tweener commentator. Even when King was a "heel" commentator, he wasnt always saying mean things or anything. Even Cole still gives respect to some faces, even though he is basically a heel.

Point being, their in-ring character might be a heel, but on commentating, you have to go somewhat tweener so that people cna listen to you

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Punk was sorta like this when he was in SES too but the only diff is that now he's just being "nice" to the fans too.

All it takes in the WWE though is one attack to turn a guy good or bad. So Punk can attack someone like Orton or he can attack someone like Miz, that one attack will instantly change ppls reaction

·
A superhero that saves your GF from your sex game.
3,830 Posts
He's basically gonna do what JBL did to Jericho...attack him from the behind and start a fued that way...

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
You really wanna hear Straight Edge up-his-own-ass-with-prechyness Punk talking into a microphone for 3 hours? No? That's cause nobody does.

·
Registered
878 Posts
He isn't a face. He was never a mindless heel. He gave respect to others while having a superiority complex. His magic came from him saying things that are heel like but absolutely true. He is about himself, not being a prock or whatever.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I've never seen Punk face. I started watching again at Summer Slam 2009

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey , Punk's a decent commentator.

I don't think it's a matter of him being setup for a face turn or something , they are just waiting for him to be fit so that he'll be marked as a face if he faces miz for the title...heel if he faces randy orton for the title.

but glad that he dropped the Straight Edge Fanatic line cause it would never work with the audience

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
All it takes in the WWE though is one attack to turn a guy good or bad. So Punk can attack someone like Orton or he can attack someone like Miz, that one attack will instantly change ppls reaction
Punk can't go full out heel on commentary because it'd overshadow the wrestling and the people on screen. I said it in the other thread, commentators should add detail but really shouldn't make themselves the focus. Being entertaining, that's fine. But if he started cussing everybody out, being a wrestler himself you'd expect to see him wrestling because of it.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
He's playing the tweener to counterbalance face Lawler and heel Cole (no one can dispute he's going full heel now after Raw). Raw was a perfect example of this - slamming John Cena (biggest face in the company) saying he's fired, shouldn't be allowed to attack Nexus and shouldn't be around anymore... then commending Lawler for his efforts and sticking up for him over Cole (despite claiming to be a fan of Cole's).

Sticking himself right in the middle.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts