Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
TEAM DEPPIE
7,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While I do adore Shield, there is no doubt these 3 been dominating the main event scene for years. Pretty much the upper card since the Shield got over big time.

While they are talented dudes, I think it's about time to begin moving some other talents up. They've put years into establishing those 3 as top players, I think others will benefit greatly from getting some booking to make them credible main event contenders.

Shield have feuded with damn near every upper card talent and won for the most part. I think we need a switch up before they become super overexposed.

I would love to see another talent, someone like Owens to have a run with the Word heavyweight championship belt. It's about time to give other talents a chance to run with the ball after Dean gets his proper reign.

The fact they've main evented 20 of the last 22 ppvs is telling. Not saying they shouldn't be main eventers anymore, but I'd like to see others get built up and get top billing.

I dont see the harm in giving other guys chances to show what they can do :shrug

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Yeah, it needs to end. Its becoming Cena vs Orton but with 3 guys instead of 2. Hopefully when they do the triple threat at Battleground or Summerslam and Dean loses the title, we can all be done with this.

·
Banned
2,961 Posts
It'll be at least 5 years before those guys aren't regularly main eventing.

·
TEAM DEPPIE
7,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure but I'm not complaining. Even with some of my problems with all three Shield members, them interacting together is usually good TV. It doesn't have to end because of the relentless bitching from fans with the patience of a petulant toddler on a 5 minute drive to Dairy Queen from home.
Of course, but you don't want to milk that cow dry. No one says they can't still interact, but I'd like to see what others can do when given the ball.

Top billing given to someone else doesn't mean to make the Shield irrelevant.

·
TEAM KICK!
9,429 Posts
I'd say around the end of this year the focus might start moving away. It all depends on who comes out of this 3 way feud on top.

·
Actively avoiding Testicular Torsion
4,027 Posts
I hope the Shield triple threat match would be the end of it. The shield storyline has been one hell of a ride, but I honestly want to see other superstars getting into the title picture instead of seeing the Shield all the time. I can see Owens being in the title picture in a few years, he is incredibly talented and definitely deserves a shot at it.

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
While I do adore Shield, there is no doubt these 3 been dominating the main event scene for years. Pretty much the upper card since the Shield got over big time.

While they are talented dudes, I think it's about time to begin moving some other talents up. They've put years into establishing those 3 as top players, I think others will benefit greatly from getting some booking to make them credible main event contenders.

Shield have feuded with damn near every upper card talent and won for the most part. I think we need a switch up before they become super overexposed.

I would love to see another talent, someone like Owens to have a run with the Word heavyweight championship belt. It's about time to give other talents a chance to run with the ball after Dean gets his proper reign.

The fact they've main evented 20 of the last 22 ppvs is telling. Not saying they shouldn't be main eventers anymore, but I'd like to see others get built up and get top billing.

I dont see the harm in giving other guys chances to show what they can do :shrug
It doesnt't and never has worked like that. The title picture has always been dominated by a small group of people at any time.

·
Since Day One
9,845 Posts
Of course, but you don't want to milk that cow dry. No one says they can't still interact, but I'd like to see what others can do when given the ball.

Top billing given to someone else doesn't mean to make the Shield irrelevant.
Trust me, I have no bones with other people getting a rub later down the line but it won't happen as fast as some people hope. The prime two candidates for me are Owens and Styles, who have both been on the main roster no longer than a year. Any "freshness" will come in the form of a Cena or an Orton getting thrown into the mix and if complaints about ME fatigue are already set in place now, I don't imagine it getting any better anytime soon.

·
TEAM DEPPIE
7,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It doesnt't and never has worked like that. The title picture has always been dominated by a small group of people at any time.
That's true, but there's benefits to keeping the main event fresh and have a slightly larger group to get shine. Some rotation give other talents to help carry the load and show if they can be successful as a top player.

Trust me, I have no bones with other people getting a rub later down the line but it won't happen as fast as some people hope. The prime two candidates for me are Owens and Styles, who have both been on the main roster no longer than a year. Any "freshness" will come in the form of a Cena or an Orton getting thrown into the mix and if complaints about ME fatigue are already set in place now, I don't imagine it getting any better anytime soon.
I'm not fatigued yet, but I see some others are. I'm thinking maybe WWE can freshen things up to avoid fans becoming tired of seeing the Shield dominating the top storylines. And as I said, there is no harm in having more credible guys on the roster.

·
Registered
18,880 Posts
Once the official reunion happens, then we'll see a shift but who knows when that'll be?

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
The prestige of the main event and of the championship weakens when too many people are involved. When you look at the oh so beloved Attitude Era, only a couple of guys were actually the top guys.

·
Registered
698 Posts
People on here overrate the current Talent. Who is a new fresh talent that is a Main Eventer? Owens and Bray, ok who else?

·
Banned
2,477 Posts
It would be great if they shifted away from the dull and uncharismatic Reigns and Rollins forever. I would love to see Ambrose feud with guys like Wyatt and Owens for that belt, but unfortunately, it looks like he's stuck feuding with those talentless Shield hacks for a while.

Oh well - at least he's champ.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
When the brand split happens , all 3 won't be on the same brand together and then people will be whining for them to get together.

·
Premium Member
2,915 Posts
They've only dominated the main event for 15 months, and considering that we're talking about 3 30 year old talents, I think that's more than fine. TBH, everyone doesn't need to be in the main event. Main event guys are there because they are the people you're building the company around. There is never more than 3-4 guys around that level because adding more takes away from the status of that position.

At this time, I see 5 main event full time stars on the roster: Ambrose, Rollins, Reigns, Cena and Styles. Before the end of the year I see Owens and Bray cracking that list as well, especially with the brand split around the corner. I honestly would like the conversation to switch from needing more folks in the main event. Its two matches on the card and there are plenty of other great things going on at any point in time. The only way to have a quality show top to bottom is to have capable performers on every spot of the card.

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
When Balor debut.

Actually there's no competition for the WHC. I would love to see Miz, Cesaro, Zayn, ADR and Owens for the title, but they aren't 'strong' enough in some way... They need a big feud before.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts