Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Early ‘00s. A combination of HHH’s reign of terror, terrible or boring storylines, and terrible or bland gimmicks played a role.

Learning about the mistreatment of Owen Hart in his final years there and the mistreatment of other former stars also played a role.

Being introduced to NOAH and TNA and liking what I was watched probably sealed it, since it showed there was better wrestling elsewhere.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Shortly after 2005.

The wrestling fan inside me died during that period until AEW brought it back.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
If you still watch then you still drink the Kool-Aid. People need to stop kidding themselves. You can claim to know all you want and claim to be discerning and above the "propaganda" but that doesn't mean jack squat because at some level you still decide to tune in. So you haven't stopped drinking the WWE Kool-Aid you've just become too self-conscious about it to admit it.

·
Registered
6,445 Posts
If you still watch then you still drink the Kool-Aid. People need to stop kidding themselves. You can claim to know all you want and claim to be discerning and above the "propaganda" but that doesn't mean jack squat because at some level you still decide to tune in. So you haven't stopped drinking the WWE Kool-Aid you've just become too self-conscious about it to admit it.
I don't think you know what "drinking the Kool-Aid" means. It's means stop liking and praising what they do just because they feed it to you. Considering how negative people are around here about the product almost all the time, it's safe to say we all stopped drinking the kool aid a LONG time ago.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
I don't think you know what "drinking the Kool-Aid" means. It's means stop liking and praising what they do just because they feed it to you. Considering how negative people are around here about the product almost all the time, it's safe to say we all stopped drinking the kool aid a LONG time ago.
You know what that's my bad.

Most of the people on here are actually worse than the sheep who like WWE because WWE tells them to. They continue watching WWE and subjecting themselves to something that they absolutely hate out of spite for WWE sucking so much. I dunno I'd rather be the guy who doesn't know any better than the guy who knows he doesn't like it but continues to watch and be disappointed every time. One of those guys can claim ignorance the other is just deliberately being stupid.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts