Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,052 Posts
For me after 2007. I stopped watching for a long time and was never as much as a fan again.
I think I got back into the WWE around 2014...only because of the Shield.
I'll watch but on my own time...when I get the chance I'll watch. I'm not moving my schedule around to watch RAW & SD. The only PPVs I usually watch are the Big 4 now.

I think the internet really hurt the magic of wrestling. Having one company monopolize the industry didn't help either.

I still love the WWE but it's not the same.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
The only piece of wwe merch I had was an undertaker T shirt that I got from some jumble sale when I was growing up. First time I wore it out I got the the piss taken out of me for wearing it (fair enough really) and that was it. Never considered wearing anymore of their crap and my fashion sense continues to be much improved.
I always found it hilarious that people can be comfortable posting thousands of posts on a wrestling forum for years on end, but be embarrassed by wearing wrestling shirts/clothes outside their home.

Just be yourself and stop giving a fuck what people think. I wear my KO shorts all the time and don't even think a second about it.

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
. It's just something to entertain me. Honestly my buying into the narrative ends at the whole it's not real thing. I have a good imagination but wrestling to me has never been like comic books or something like dragon Ball z. That absolutely captured my imagination.

I like wrestling but I'm not in love with it. The only times I've ever been lost in the pageantry of it is with Austin and rock. Then cm punk and Daniel Bryan. Now the fiend. I like the matches and promos occasionally but as I've grown older it's become harder for me to become lost in things like when I was a kid. Now I'm way more critical and things.

I miss being a kid

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,176 Posts
I always found it hilarious that people can be comfortable posting thousands of posts on a wrestling forum for years on end, but be embarrassed by wearing wrestling shirts/clothes outside their home.

Just be yourself and stop giving a fuck what people think. I wear my KO shorts all the time and don't even think a second about it.
uh no, that happened in around 2005 which was ages ago and I have no intention on wearing wrestling merchandise because I don't want to, it looks shit imo. Its nothing to do with being embarrassed. Id much rather wear clothes I actually want to wear.

I can still enjoy wrestling without having to walk around like a poor mans john cena. I love music more than wrestling but don't have any branded clothing. One isnt needed to do the other.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
uh no, that happened in around 2005 which was ages ago and I have no intention on wearing wrestling merchandise because I don't want to, it looks shit imo. Its nothing to do with being embarrassed. Id much rather wear clothes I actually want to wear.

I can still enjoy wrestling without having to walk around like a poor mans john cena. I love music more than wrestling but don't have any branded clothing. One isnt needed to do the other.
That's a fair reason. My mistake.

However, I have seen posts here over the years where people would claim they would never wear any wrestling merchandise for the sole sake of avoiding being shamed in public about it. I just find that particular concept extremely ironic.

·
Registered
4,630 Posts

This motherfucker, look at that fucking face. Wrestling used to be like a family reunion, me, my brother and my cousins used to watch it together and have so much fun. Then this asshole arrived and they disappeared and I was left alone because I'm apparently stupid. Since then I've lost faith in them and my enjoyment was never the same again. Whenever they do something good I know that clown will just ruin it, and I was right every single time. Thank god I've finally stopped watching, too late I know but better late than never.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

Most wrestling merch doesn't look too great, but I'd gladly wear an Austin 3:16 t-shirt or an nWo t-shirt.

I remember back in 2006-2007 people online discussing about how a lot of WWE t-shirts and hoodies had bad design and that Edge's were exceptions to the rule, because they could pass for rock/metal band t-shirts.

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,315 Posts
After Okada/Omega I, I realized that there was better wrestling out there

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
2,822 Posts
guest host era

·
Butter My Arse
11,733 Posts
Up to 2001 I was WWF through and through.

Then after the Invasion happened - I immediately called off because the angle was such a fucking disaster and I was sick of McMahons polluting everything with their general awfulness. I hardly watched any wrestling really until about a decade later.

·
Registered
16,454 Posts
2001 - 2002. Thats when I was really started to burn out... Thats when I started to also complain more about the product, that effect only got worse over time :lmao

I even remember loving up the New Generation Era like crazy as a kid. Even Mabel wining King of the Ring and Diesels year long title reign, all those occupational gimmicks, I was completely fine with for some reason. I was deep in the Kool Aid then, only thing I think I complained about around then was the ending to Wrestlemania 9 and was 11 years old at the time.

·
F*ck off I'm drinking
5,659 Posts
2003-2004

I can't even put my finger on what exactly it was but my interest declined from summer 2003 onwards, started taking regular breaks from WWE and it was completely dead by 2015 which was around the last time I saw anything WWE related

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
I always found JBL's run god awful. The we got into the era of SuperCena burying everyone. The guest hosts and anonymous GM finally checked me out.

Summerfest anyone?

·
E:16
6,196 Posts
I don't think I ever did, but I unsubbed from the network after the last WM because I'd just had enough, I don't watch it, I'll download the RR and WM next year but thats it, maybe after vince is dead/retired I might give it a try.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts