Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Really too good to wrestle in front of all you pri
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm guessing this thread has been done a billion times already, so I apologise.

What year did you start watching wrestling, not the very first time but when did you get hooked?

In terms of wrestling itself, I was hooked in late 1995 by WCW. WWE wise it was 1997, though I occasionally watched WWF as well during 1995/6, one of my earliest memories of wrestling is seeing Wrestlemania XII.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Known it since 1998 as a little fart, pretty much grew up with it, stopped from 2000 cause there was nothing coming on TV. But back then ii watched mostly WCW. I started again in the middle or end of 04.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I started at the age of 11 SummerSlam 91 it was. Aaaah those were the days. My grandad showed me a tape he recorded off sky
I loved it from the moment I laid eyes on it. I remember going up stairs tucking my trousers into my socks as though my socks were wrestling boots and breaking my nans bed after performing my first suplex on a giant stuffed bear. lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
probably back to the days wen WWF was during sunday! i was young so i dont really remember the exact year.. but then i got hardcore around middle school/highschool.. then fell out after college.. then after i moved into my own home.. TV became my bestfriend during weekdays.. so lol

·
Sax Legend of Sax Legend on YouTube
1,254 Posts
wasn't interested until 04 when I accidentally watched the Bottom Line at 1 am. first thing I saw was matt hardy proposing to lita and then kane coming on the titantron saying wait lita, before you answer matt, tell him I fucked you. and benoit was whc

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I first watched it when it was HHH v Mr McMahon at Armageddon i believe... the start of the McMahon-Helmsey era i think.

·
Banned
2,236 Posts
The first wrestling video I hired ws WM V way back in 89 I think. Watching since then.

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Last August, actually. It was Friday around 10:30, there was nothing on the TV and I was flicking through Sky Sports and found Smackdown! Taker was doing a promo on CM Punk then he done that thing with his eyes and my initial thoughts were "This is a load of Crap, and this guys a freak". But I kept watching and eventually became hooked on some storylines. It took me a couple of months to realise all the rules like countouts and such. And another couple to even notice RAW and, at the time, ECW. But I'm hooked now.

·
Registered
6,350 Posts
I'm really not sure of an exact date. Im going to guess around Wrestlemania 3 in 1987. I'll never forget Hogan vs Andre. For me, that will always be the best main event at a Wrestlemania ever.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Back in the good ol days. Around 86-87

Guys like Hogan, Macho Man, Andre, Big John Stud, King Kong Bundy, JYD, The Dragon Steamboat, Dibiase, Jake Roberts etc. AAAAAAAAHHHHH good times!

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
Pretty much from birth, my parents and grandparents used to watch it back in the day back in the 70's and 80's and I grew up as a kid with it always on tv.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts