Wrestling Forum banner

When did you first start watching WWE?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It'll be interesting to see around when did most people on this forum start watching wrestling. For all we know, the people really enjoying themselves right now watching WWE have started since 2007 or something and the people really hating on what's going on now started watching around 1997.

For me, I started watching around 2001 during the early parts of it. I first watched in 2000 but didn't really start watching regularly till 2001.

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
1987 - Wrestlemania 3, although I saw it on video a couple of months after it took place.

Damn, you kids who started in the Attitude Era are making me feel really old :(

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
The first time I saw WWE was an episode of RAW in late 1997, I can't really remember what happened except for one match which was The Rock vs. Davey Boy Smith and ever seen this I've been watching.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
I think I started watching around '01, '02. The first wrestler I saw in action was The Rock, and he became my favourite, until I started seeing Rob Van Dam wrestle :D After he left is when I stopped watching WWE for a while until early last year.

·
Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
12,954 Posts
When my dad ordered WM12 on PPV, I was hooked and was watching RAW the next night so 1996. Thank you Shawn Michaels for being the first wrestler I have ever marked for and still to this day.

WCW came later that year shortly after the nWo first formed.

·
Registered
121 Posts
The first match I ever saw was on RAW... and if I remember correctly it was Kane( w/ a pregnant Lita) against (I think ) Chris Benoit. I offically started in 2005 in March once I got my own TV in my bedroom

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Early poll results show no surprise that many people on here watched starting from the 90s or earlier. I didn't look at any of the members who voted for that section and I'm not saying everyone who started in the 90s is like this, but somehow I have a feeling those people are the ones who are constantly bashing WWE and/or the superstars in the company

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
I started watching wrestling in 1979, but the first few years of wrestling were taken up by watching World Class, Georgia Championship Wrestling, Mid-Atlantic, and Memphis. I started watching WWF in 1983, a few months prior to Hulkamania's becoming prominent. The first match I remember watching was a match on TV from MSG between Andre the Giant and Big John Studd.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
1987 - Wrestlemania 3, although I saw it on video a couple of months after it took place.

Damn, you kids who started in the Attitude Era are making me feel really old :(
yeah, i hear ya. i love it when i can catch the MSG classics on MSG every once in a while. i miss some of the old announcers and announcing teams. yes, jim ross is the best, however i love hearing lord alfred hayes and heenan go at it. gorilla, mcmahon etc.

on a side note, i've been watching wrestling a long, long time...i don't think this "era" is all that bad. the pg era in the 80s and early 90s, looking back, was so much lamer than todays pg era. the only difference is that there were better wrestlers back then. but everyone is so athletic these days, they can sort of hide their inabilities.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Sporadically since the 2000s, regularly since 2003. Chris Jericho and Christian got me into it.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts