Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always remember him being well liked fan favorite by fans and during his heel run when he turned on Kane, I remember the heat was from the storyline. When has he ever gotten Roman type heat?

·
I'm too busy, faded in Japan with the crew
10,381 Posts
Yeah, I never understood this either. I always liked X-Pac. He was one of my favorites.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
I remember him getting shat on even when wwe was doing the invasion angle. People didnt even cheer him for the sake of cheering the WWF side.

I never really understood it though X pac did rely on DX as a gimmick, even when it disbanded he was still hanging on to it. He just became lost and pointless when they all broke up. Then he ended up getting tacked on to the NWO and that became a pattern, he was just an extension to another gimmick.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
It was after his heel turn in 99. He was pretty over with Kane. Even in his WCW run he seemed to be getting the same type of heat.

·
it's a tarp!
5,079 Posts
It happened on the old IGN wrestling forum, specifically after X-Pac kept wrestling Justin Credible.

I asked a question, and the answer was X-Pac heat.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
When I was a kid I assumd people never forgave X-Pac for turning on Kane. :lol

Seems after DX broke up people were just tired of him. He even got booed doing the Invasion Angle and he continuously got the "X-Pac sucks chants" until he was released. X-Pac was never a bad wrestler so it couldn't have been his in-ring skills people were sour on, I think it just might have been his character, or lack of a character. He, Edge, and Christian had a segment back in 2001 where Edge made fun of X-Pac for not evolving since the 90s, maybe that's how a lot of the fans felt at the time?

·
Registered
7,089 Posts
I'd say "X-Pac heat" started when DX had disbanded and X-Pac was still wearing his DX tights and came out to his DX entrance.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was after his heel turn in 99. He was pretty over with Kane. Even in his WCW run he seemed to be getting the same type of heat.
When? The heat he was getting during that program with Kane was regular heel heat. The "x-pac heat" term is used to describe "go away" type heat and I don't ever remember him getting much of that in his career. I don't think anyone has gotten heat like that to extent Roman is.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
I always assumed it came from the fact that he leached off of his friends his whole career.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
It was in late-2000/early-2001 when the "War" was pretty much over. X-Factor was garbage and people turned on that. Then by the time the Invasion was going on people had just seen enough of his shtick. I think people were wanting to move on with the Invasion and he was still playing the same character he'd been playing for three years. I remember watching Raw and he was literally the only person on team WWF that was getting boo'd. It got really bad in Fall 2001.

He never got released until mid-2002. He broke his leg in September/October 2001 and returned as a member of the nWo in spring 2002, then he was released just after Kevin Nash tore his quad and the whole nWo angle was uncerimoniously dropped.

·
Banned
1,482 Posts
Between 2000 and 2001.
He was really over in 1998 and 1999 when he was booked as an underdog. But after the heel turn he just seemed to beat fucking EVERYBODY and rarely get his comeuppance.
He was essentially a proto-Stephanie McMahon.
Plus, he was never a good promo and he always seemed to be cutting fucking promos for some reason...

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't think I was watching during the time of the X-Factor group. I just vaguely remember their entrance theme being really bad and unfitting for a wrestling theme. Guess I missed that but now tempted to look these up on the Network.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts