Wrestling Forum banner

When did the on and off feud between Kane and The Undertaker got boring to you?

1796 Views 14 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  Von Doom
I remember the first time they feuded it was great. Then in 2010, I almost fell asleep watching them do it again.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
229 Posts
I don't think revisiting feuds is inherently bad, Kane and Undertaker has been done to death too many times already, and done better than recent incarnations. That makes it hard to enjoy.

Also they're not exactly at the peak of their athletic careers, which hurts it a bit IMO.

· Registered
20,782 Posts
It's a feud that got boring like 8 years ago. Whenever they can't think of something to do with Taker and Kane at the same time, they just throw them in a 2-3 month blow-off feud for kicks.

· Registered
43 Posts
Was boring will be boring. Line.

· Registered
134 Posts
The big problem with their feud is that it was made by Vince Russo, and because of that it didn't really made any sense.
They start with the acusation from Paul Bearer that Undertaker had killed their parents, and scarred Kane. Taker didn't really deny it, although he said that Kane had always liked to play with fire, impying that Kane was the culprit.
They had their feud in the first half of 98, then by early Summer Kane just disses Bearer and allies with Taker until late 98, when Undertaker goes all dark side, rekindles his association with Bearer (who had betrayed him 2 years before), admits he killed their parents, and locks up Kane in a mental institution?!

How the hell does this work?! And to make matters worse Taker and Kane kept fighting, and working together randomly as the years went by! And Kane was revealed to not have his entire body burned, but just his face! Then he could talk when he was supposed to not be able to do it! And then his facial scars were "mental scars"! Then they had a book try to explain Kane life, and it just complicated things!

And it got to a point that their feud became more complicated then a DC superhero that got his life retconed during all the crisis crossovers they did!

Taker/Kane was only good from the begining in 97, until the spring of 98 before all the crazy turns began.

· Registered
794 Posts
In 2000. their feud before SummerSlam was just plain stupid.
"Why did I attack my brother? I, AM, A, MONSTER"...
That was the explanation why Kane turned heel fpalm
And the match/brawl was just horrible, it was the first
time Kane lost his mask, in the most anti-climatic way
imaginable.

· GOAT
4,573 Posts
In 2000. their feud before SummerSlam was just plain stupid.
"Why did I attack my brother? I, AM, A, MONSTER"...
That was the explanation why Kane turned heel fpalm
And the match/brawl was just horrible, it was the first
time Kane lost his mask, in the most anti-climatic way
imaginable.
I have that DVD, Kane with just half the mask on and one of his eyes exposed is absolutely terrifying. The only thing that was good for though was proving to any idiots who thought that Kane hasn't always been played by Glen Jacobs, you can tell it's him first when he's wincing on the ground, and then when he botches and nearly falls over the motorbike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.