Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,164 Posts
he is just awful, probably smackdown 2002 with Heyman as manager was the last time he was remotely interesting. he killed the wwecw brand as soon as it started with his reign. we never got an Edge/Cena singles WM match cause he had to be shoved in. he had an awful main event feud with undertaker in the late 2000s and one of the worst ever feuds with Orton and the Authority.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
When he started impersonating other wrestlers during the Attitude Era. I apparently blocked that from my mind until I watched WrestleLamia's top 10 video about the 10 monster characters WWE turned unto jokes, and Big Show was number one. I completely forgot about him being called "Showkishi".

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
For me, it was when he started smiling and waving to the crowd. And lets not forget the daily heel/face turns, that doesnt help either.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I don’t even remember the Lesnar match.

He stopped being credible attraction when he started putting over people half his size left and right and then those people still didn’t ended to become big stars .

Guys like big show are only credible if they are consistently booked super strong and only lose in very rare special situations . Pretty much how Lesnar is.

If every time big shows music hits and he comes out and destroys everyone then when he shows up people would get excited knowing that shit is about to go down.

But when his music hits and you know he is most likely there to lose then there really isn’t a lot to be excited about his returns .

Arrive, job, leave.

Boring

·
Registered
538 Posts
Mid-2000's for sure. The last good feuds I remember with him were with Lesnar and Angle. Ever since, the guy turned heel/face more often than the sun rises and sets. Sure, he could play both roles well, but eventually it got old.

The point where I was really fed up of him was shortly in his tag team run with Kane and also as WWECW champion. While him and Kane were a credible tag team, they killed the entire division for a significant amount of time. Who were going to beat them, The Dicks? Also as ECW Champion, what about Big Show screamed ECW exactly? Did he have a history there? No! Did he have the hardcore style? No! Was he a smaller sized workrate machine? Certainly not! It just didn't fit!

I can't take away from the fact that he has a Hall of Fame career and has been a great opponent for the likes of Cena, Lesnar, Angle etc. But the guy just hung around too long.

I think the role he has had as of the last few years is ideal for him. Turn up, job to a younger talent and leave. I'm assuming the Orton stuff is to build one or both up to put another over.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,279 Posts
I don't think he ever stopped being a credible attraction in my eyes but he's a guy who just seems to go with whatever WWE gives him so he ends up getting buried all the time. To me, you could easily build him up at any point in his career and he'd be credible but WWE just likes him where he is.

I don't know when he stopped being a credible attraction but for me, the storyline where he got fired and cried on tv like a baby is probably the lowest point for him. Could you imagine Stone Cold Steve Austin or The Rock crying about their job like that, or the Undertaker and John Cena. They'd beat the hell out of whoever fired them and move on but Big Show was actually crying.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
He's never really stopped. Smarks aren't the target audience, we know he's never going to be the guy at a main event level, we always have. It's kids, and adults who don't really understand wrestling, who see this fucking huge guy, and think that nobody could possibly stop him.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
He was never an attraction nor over. Like ever. I think his only spike in popularity was when he jumped ship from WCW to WWE and people knew him that way.

But as a wrestler on his own, he was never really over. Just a generic big guy. A very vanilla version of Kane.

Unless you’re Brock Lesnar or Andre the Giant, it doesn’t matter how big you are. If you can’t work the mic, you aren’t going to be over. And Giant/Big Show/ Paul Whyte, could never do those things. Never believable as a heel bc he was too much of an easy going teddy bear. And bland as a face.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
I think his credibility has wavered back and forth over the years, but really, his first issues came when he was brought into WWE as the guy to help McMahon dethrone Austin, and failed completely.

Just immediate bad booking.

You bring in this legit giant, who's got all the skills needed. He's great on the mic, he has the perfect "Big Man Moveset". He's basically a ready-made heel champion. And they introduce him with one memorable moment, followed by "standing near Vince McMahon as a hired thug" for a year.

For all of the talk about how WWE needs big guys, it's actually PAINFULLY obvious that they have no fucking clue about how to book big wrestlers. Unless they're called Brock Lesnar and simply insist on winning 99% of their matches, they're always booked horribly, and set up to fail from the start.

·
Registered
310 Posts
They've been doing this for a while and it really pisses me off. They've been constantly trotting him out as a jobber to put over other guys. It's really getting so tiresome and predictable already. I mean, did anybody really think he was gonna beat Randy Orton?

It really sucks, because Big Show has the immense size and talent to really be a top heel, even at this age. Yet instead they just constantly and predictably use him to lose to guys that they want to put over.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
In all seriousness, how the fuck do you take legit 7ft, 400+ pound man who could jump over top ropes, do dropkicks, and threw other gigantic dudes like Kane around like small children and decide to have him cry/beg all the time, lose to people half his size?
This man should've been most dominant monster EVER in WWE.

Look at this fucking monster. This is real Show.

·
Registered
34 Posts
In all seriousness, how the fuck do you take legit 7ft, 400+ pound man who could jump over top ropes, do dropkicks, and threw other gigantic dudes like Kane around like small children and decide to have him cry/beg all the time, lose to people half his size?
This man should've been most dominant monster EVER in WWE.
big show was never the top heel; he was bound to lose to multiple 200+ pound wrestlers. kane, HHH, y2j, edge, and orton were all better heels

·
Registered
644 Posts
It really is a travesty that you've got this huge giant, who can talk and act fairly well, was suprisingly athletic for most of his carreer, and not utilize him more.
Guess that's what overexposure does. He didn't have benefit of traveling territories, and thus keeping himself fresh, like Andre did.

·
Registered
9,797 Posts
Guys, he debuted by attacking Austin...and helping him win a match. They cut bait the Raw before WrestleMania like a month later when Austin beat him clean. Instant buyer’s remorse.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts