Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To me it was that match with Brock Lesnar at Madison Square Garden. Lesnar absolutely dominated him and won decisively. After that i dont think i have been able to take The Big Show seriously. When was it for you?

·
Banned
1,313 Posts
I think that Big Show will still be a credible opponent/attraction to anyone even at his advanced age because of his size alone but he is well past his prime.

·
Registered
838 Posts
For me, it was after the mid 2000's, like around 2010. He had moments where he could have made a comeback but the writers would fail to capitalize and turn him heel for no reason. A good example is during the authority story line, he could have been a great back up as a vet and have good feuds with the authority's, HHH included, but they turned him heel and made him cry. Yes the authority gave him a good reason to join them, do what we tell you or your fired, but there were two problems: 1) they already did that with Cody, Dustin, and Dusty Rhodes before and it starting to get boring, in my opinion. 2) Big show could have told them "I can go to any other wrestling company" or "I can go to Japan" or "I can become a strongman....I'm a giant"

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Just due to this size and how long he's been around he'll draw some attention.

But, I can't really put my finger on any one date where I stopped looking at him as a threat to any title or expected him to win any feud. But it was sometime after the losses piled up enough that beating him didn't mean anything anymore because everyone had done it and he had switched from heel to face so many times it was clear they didn't know what to do with him. The crying in the ring thing didn't help him either.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Losing to a 150 pound, one legged man sure didn't help.

Vince used him to give other people shocking wins all the time so it was hard to take him seriously. I'm not sure he ever really had monster credibility.

·
Custom User Title
3,283 Posts
Maybe 05ish?
He's getting paid, so I'm sure he doesn't career, but man WWE booked this man into the ground.
One of the GOAT giants and no one gives a single fuck about him anymore.

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
He'll always be an attraction. In terms of credibility it's always been up and down. Big Show has never had great consistent booking, some years he was strong like 04-05 or 2011, but mostly he's just there to make the top guys like Cena, Reigns, Triple H, Orton ect ect look good.

I think If Show was coming up now he would be booked as strong as Lesnar. He would probably go 2+ years unbeaten in NXT. Then do the same on the main roster.

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
A man of his size never fully stops being a credible opponent. No matter if he lost like 6 months in a row, he can be built back up within a month.

·
Registered
211 Posts
That fued with SES.. when he was coming out smiling doing that dumb big punch as his finish.. and then started doing the thing where he would switch between heel and face every week

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Was he ever? It's the fucking BIG SHOW.

Reactions: NondescriptWWEfan
1 - 20 of 46 Posts