Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What were your reactions? I'm pretty sure this site wasn't around back then, so I'm probably guessing there were no "OMG what the hell" or "Cena is overrated" or any of that crap. I bet most of you guys just sat and were like "Ok"

But isn't funny how Cena and Lesna faced off and to think just 2 years later he would have won the WWE belt and become the poster boy?

·
Lose for Hughes!
3,798 Posts
WWE was stacked with talent back in '03.

I will admit that when Lesnar & Cena fought, I never expected to see John Cena as the star he is today. Although if Lesnar stuck around instead of leaving to try-out for the Minnesota Vikings, he would of been a huge star and John Cena might not be as popular as he is today.

·
Registered
9,651 Posts
I was a Cena fan at this point, as well as a huge Lesnar mark, so these two facing off at Backlash was great to see, and if my memory serves me correctly it was a good match. I remember around the time Royal Rumble 2004 happen, I was predicting Cena to win the 2005 RR and face Lesnar at WM21 for the WWE title, but that was not to be.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
WWE was stacked with talent back in '03.

I will admit that when Lesnar & Cena fought, I never expected to see John Cena as the star he is today. Although if Lesnar stuck around instead of leaving to try-out for the Minnesota Vikings, he would of been a huge star and John Cena might not be as popular as he is today.
Cena's talent as a face and his charisma would have guaranteed him a main event spot by now. He'd have still been a main eventer but he probably wouldn't have had the same Title history.

Just imagine heel Brock (from just before he left) vs face Cena 2006 :D

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
i was not watching wwe in 2002 but i saw that match once,i liked it,cena was gold in 2002,i was a cena fan from 2004-2006 but i don't know what happened to him,he is just awful right now,it looks like he lost his passion or something.

·
Registered
408 Posts
The forums were around that long ago (at least 2002 since I have been a member since then). John Cena was well received initially by the IWC. But I attribute that to our general love for heel wrestlers.

·
Banned
3,560 Posts
i was not watching wwe in 2002 but i saw that match once,i liked it,cena was gold in 2002,i was a cena fan from 2004-2006 but i don't know what happened to him,he is just awful right now,it looks like he lost his passion or something.
Are you the dumbest person ever to come on these forums? I've never seen a post off of you that I haven't facepalmed to. John Cena if nothing else, has complete passion for the business these days.

·
Lose for Hughes!
3,798 Posts
Cena's talent as a face and his charisma would have guaranteed him a main event spot by now. He'd have still been a main eventer but he probably wouldn't have had the same Title history.

Just imagine heel Brock (from just before he left) vs face Cena 2006 :D
Very true, nicely put.

Now that i think about it, if Brock might of stayed around longer than maybe a guy more like Batista with the same big mean guy mentality might not of had the chance to move up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts