Wrestling Forum banner

When Cena *eventually* turns heel, what do you think the reaction will be like?

2K views 35 replies 30 participants last post by  streightedgerhit 
#1 ·
Although it could be very long into the future, Cena will have to turn heel eventually. According to that inside report posted, Cena would "love" to turn heel and feels restricted but can't because there is no suitable replacement. When that day finally does happen, and Cena finally turns heel, how do you think the reaction will be?

You reckon it will be anything like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6aRr9zhyM8

Shit went crazy when Hogan turned. I reckon there will be a similar response, would be even more awesome if things get a little more edgy when the day finally happens.

#32 ·
this

#5 ·
He'll get cheered by people who don't like him and booed by people who like him. If he's good enough, he'll get booed by people who don't like him as a face either. Best not to do it in a town like Chicago or Miami...

Never happening though.

#6 ·
It depends on certain variables. If Vince has a ready made replacement mega babyface lined up, then a Cena heel turn can only help the WWE to create mass interest. A Cena heel turn would be genuinely shocking. However, if Vince doesn't have an adequate face draw to take over Cena's reign of doom then I can only imagine mass hysteria amonst the snot nosed brats that line Maccy D's pockets. Did you see the outrage of soccer moms after the savage beating Cena recieved at Extreme Rules? Imagine if Cena turned his back on the 'Cenation', mass boycotting of the WWE product.

WWE is likely to be mainly child friendly for the forseable future, Vince can't successfully usher in another edgy (Cena wouldn't compromise his potential income and popularity for a half arsed turn) period without having a suitable long term replacement for Cena, one that draws and sells merchandise. Nobody looks ready to take the position right now, so I think there would be a generally poor reaction to the potential turn (not smarks) if it were to happen soon. Regardless of timing, the turn, if it ever happens, will be a huge deal in one way or another. WWE have to be extremely cautious when executing things like this, it's either going to create another boom period or be an utterly unmitigated disaster, I'm not sure whether there would be much middle ground for a situation like this. I'm certainly inrigued about the possibilities!

#12 ·
He will get booed like any other good heel is booed, only on a much greater scale as Cena is the man in todays WWE. Of course there will be some exceptions and small number of people who will cheer him just to be hip and "smart", but whatevs... not like those people matter.

:punk2

#13 ·
there wont be one. heel turn wont happen. there isnt a cena equal. the only way, right now, for a heel turn to work is to screw taker at wm...but that ship sailed i believe. im not talking about him beating taker, because he is one of the only if not the only 1 where i think it would be accepted and expected..but screwing taker? vicky heat wont have ANYTHING on the amount of heat cena would get.

#14 ·
Casuals: NOOO! WHY CENA WHY!?
IWC: WOW CENA IS EPIC AS A HEEL!I'VE ALWAYS LIKE HIM! HE JUST NEEDED A HEEL TURN!
Me: Still don't care Cena, still don't care.

#15 ·
Cena actually wants to turn heel the ex writing assistant leaked a full report on him wanting to turn heel but its just Vince whos against it cos of all the promotion work Cena does. But when Cena does turn heel omg the whole world will mark out im gonna mark out big time its gonna be fucking awesome

#17 ·
John Cena will NEVER turn heel, if it was going to happen it would have by now. The man doesn't want to be the bad guy, he wants to be the face that everything revolves around.

Unfortunately he'll be the same stale, 'super' Cena piece of shit until the day he retires.

#21 ·
Once Vince feels Punk is established as the star which they seem to be trying to do with this long title reign making him a fighting champion like Bret Hart maybe just maybe he will contemplate turning Cena and Cena's Heel turn is obviously all on Vinces head no one else would get a say in about such a big decision.

#23 ·
Honestly I think their leaving it very late if their still considering it, If the product continues to struggle and they panic and try to garner interest by doing some cheap turn I can see a lot of "I don't care" responses and WWE doing fuck all with it and having him return to face within 6 months.

I don't see why Cena would turn though now, I mean unless we get him facing Rock again I don't see an opportunity on a big scale which makes sense.

#24 ·
Cena won't be turning heel anytime soon.. honestly at this point I don't see it happening even in the next 2-3 years.

If he didn't turn heel against Rock then what will? There was a brilliant storyline right there, and it was believable (along with the Kane story line and legends coming back) with the fans turning their backs for a guy who "sold out". I don't think there will be another shot like that again.

Vince needs to work harder to find another "Cena" so then when he does turn heel there will be someone to fall back on.

#26 ·
I don't think he'll get cheers from a lot of the haters myself included. I am so sick of Cena that a heel turn will not redeem him. Its too late for that. Just disappear please.

#29 ·
And here I thought there won’t be any “Turn Cena Heel” or “Cena will turn Heel in the future” type threads for a very long time. Give it up guys, we have seen numerous opportunities of Cena joining the Darkside but they won’t turn him. It's over, just surrender that claim, he will NEVER TURN HEEL.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.