Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't you feel like it's absurd and unrealistic
I feel like the existence of Mark Henry the world's strongest man is just stupid
But the good thing about Big Men is that they automatically give credibility to any smaller guy who beats them and I guess can always be rebuilt
I agree with the statement that the Biggest isn't always the best
But I think it looks stupid for guys that big to just suck

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
Just because you are big/strong doesn't mean you can wrestle. Plus anyone can have an off day or alternatively a good day. Either way I'm never bothered if big guys do the job as long as it makes sense.

·
Banned
386 Posts
I feel like the existence of Mark Henry the world's strongest man is just stupid
But the good thing about Big Men is that they automatically give credibility to any smaller guy who beats them and I guess can always be rebuilt
I agree with the statement that the Biggest isn't always the best
But I think it looks stupid for guys that big to just suck
Clearly not an MMA fan

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Um ... how long have you been watching pro wrestling?

Clearly not an MMA fan
Well now. What does that have to do with it? This is theatre, not sport.

Rey Mysterio, everyone's favourite underdog, exists for popularity reasons.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just because you are big/strong doesn't mean you can wrestle. Plus anyone can have an off day or alternatively a good day. Either way I'm never bothered if big guys do the job as long as it makes sense.
I completely agree with that
I prefer watching guys smaller, athletic guys anyway
Truth be told sometimes if you're smarter, faster, or more determined than your opponent you can beat them

I guess it's just something that annoys me

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Here's a real life fighter jobbing to a smaller guy you may have heard of:

So it can happen, easy. Depends on skills. And the smaller guys in WWE who beat big men regularly and cleanly are the "elite" small guys. They have some special moves that make it relatively believable, like high spots or submissions.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I guess you guys are right
Plus Mike Tyson used to make guys "job" to him all the time
So I guess it's not really that unrealistic

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I remember watching a Cody Rhodes- Mark Henry match during Legacy, and remembered that Rhodes came out of the match looking like a million bucks due to him beating Henry.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
People always like to mention Royce in these discussions, but isn't he more of an exception?

I mean...I could be wrong. Someone educate me.

9 times outta 10...when there's no huge difference in skill, the big man wins.

Right?

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
That MMA video doesn't really count as the guy was just really fat and not big. In WWE the guys are huge, and have muscles and are actually stronger. Putting a stronger guy in a submission, if he has any training, is hard to do until they are tired/gassed. Plus in WWE terms, the fat guy one as Gracie's shoulders were pinned for like 20 seconds in total.

And yes, it does bother me when big guys job to someone especially if the opponent isn't near them in either size or height.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
People always like to mention Royce in these discussions, but isn't he more of an exception?
No, he's not. Here's some from other guys:

WWE books their smaller main eventers as skilled enough (or smart enough) to deal with their lack of size and strength. So I'm fine with it. I don't expect them to be competely realistic, just consistent.

And yes, it does bother me when big guys job to someone especially if the opponent isn't near them in either size or height.
Here's a more muscular MMA guy for you, still "jobbing" to a smaller weaker guys. Bob Sapp (340lbs) vs Mirko Cro Cop (220lbs). Cro Cop is about Cody Rhodes' size and height, so you know. Sapp is midways between Mark Henry and Ezekiel Jackson. If you're dead set against big guys jobbing, I'll never change your mind. But it does happen in real life.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts