Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The WWE Universe chose Roman Reigns. He was by a mile the most popular guy in The Shield and just because it happened to be during the whole Daniel Bryan craziness is why they are booing him. Is that ass backwards logic or what? It's his fault WWE did what the fans were saying they wanted them to do just did it apparently at the wrong time? What is the guy supposed to do? Say "no I don't want to be champion,I don't want to be rich and take care of my daughter"? "Give the belt back to Daniel Bryan" Also being honest the reason he had the opportunity to be champion in the first place was Daniel Bryan's title run was the worst in how many years? Daniel Bryan took the ball ran two steps fumbled it the other team picked it up and ran for a touchdown. Blame bad writing bad opponents whatever it sucked. If WWE had just had a transitional champion like Badnews Barrett or Damion Sandow then Roman beat him Roman would be The Rock right now.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
35,476 Posts
They won't. They'll just create an arbitrary metric that their favorite can't live up to, in order to justify their hatred towards Roman. First, the excuse was he couldn't wrestle. Since 2015, he's been one of the best in ring performers in the company based on output. As of this year, the only person with more 4 star matches is AJ Styles. Then, the excuse was he couldn't talk. His promos haven't been bad in many months, if not an entire year. Now, they're trying to use ratings as an excuse, as if the indy guys don't tank every single time they get the belt. It's a joke and it's not worth arguing about anymore. Roman's going to be on top for A LONG time, and they have no choice but to deal with it.

·
Registered
880 Posts
The WWE Universe chose Roman Reigns. He was by a mile the most popular guy in The Shield and just because it happened to be during the whole Daniel Bryan craziness is why they are booing him. Is that ass backwards logic or what? It's his fault WWE did what the fans were saying they wanted them to do just did it apparently at the wrong time? What is the guy supposed to do? Say "no I don't want to be champion,I don't want to be rich and take care of my daughter"? "Give the belt back to Daniel Bryan" Also being honest the reason he had the opportunity to be champion in the first place was Daniel Bryan's title run was the worst in how many years? Daniel Bryan took the ball ran two steps fumbled it the other team picked it up and ran for a touchdown. Blame bad writing bad opponents whatever it sucked. If WWE had just had a transitional champion like Badnews Barrett or Damion Sandow then Roman beat him Roman would be The Rock right now.
I hope they don't ever. I love watching the smarks go nuts every time his music comes on. People don't realize how rare the heat he's getting is. It's great to watch. Keep him a face; make sure he appears #30 at the Rumble; make sure he's the headliner for most PPVs in the near future.

·
Superintendent of the Sacred Coffeechamber
2,671 Posts
Please, stop blaming the fans. BLAME THE COMPANY. It's the WWE that caused all of this. Blaming the fans won't change shit.

If you want to make a difference, organize a movement where people hijack the show and turn their backs on the ring. If you won't do that, just stop watching and you'll be fine.

Reactions: Frost99

·
My name is 905 and I've just become alive
5,111 Posts
I don't totally agree and I don't totally disagree (other than your comments about Bryan's run, which are fucking dumb). Reigns is underrated here as a talent. Are there guys I prefer watching to him? Absolutely...but he isn't close to as bad as the hate would indicate.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I think they boo him because he comes off as an asshole. Honestly he may be a nice enough guy in person but he comes off as a complete dick on tv. It may not help his cause that people were sick of Cena then wwe made it well known he was Cena's replacement and even down to the booking now its the booking that lost Cena so many fans and they can't understand why it's not making Roman more popular. When the shield broke Dean and Seth were forced to evolve into their own characters and for better or worse leave the shield behind Roman on the other hand is still all this time later using the shield as a crutch and it got boring seeing what the other two became but big bad roman still needed their entrance ( until the crowd became overly hostile towards him ), their music, their ring attire (the big dog still needs armor in case someones move actually hurts), even their merchandise symbol the dog or hound. Simply put he comes off as a boring character in predictable matches that still needs a crutch and refuses to grow into his own man for better or worse.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
As soon as he has an ounce of charisma, learns to work, talk and be able to convince people that he's a star. Stop using Daniel Bryan as an excuse. If they pushed Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins or a dozen other people instead of Roman Reigns in Daniel Bryan's place, they wouldn't have been booed out of the building in every building in the world then or 3 years later, and to make any other assessment is absurd.

·
Registered
875 Posts
WWE and fans are basically locked into a staring competition and waiting to see who blinks first on Roman.

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
It's the dishonest, fake wrestling fans that are ruining this business, with their ulterior motives that are inferior to my pure, honest, incorruptible love for The Big Dog.

·
Registered
14,228 Posts
When he beats Lesnar for the title at Mania, retires Cena, Styles, Goldberg and Terry Funk, breaks Hogan's Mania main event streak, Austin's Rumble win total, and Bruno's title reign record, and invents a battery with an unlimited amount of energy using the principles of perpetual motion.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts