Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a heel your arsenal in WWE is very limited because they want the crowd to boo you, but when ADR becomes the face of the company he will be able to do what he wants.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
In order for him to use his full move set you need skilled opponents to sell it and to sustain it. It would be sad to hurt opponents who are unable to be as quick or agile. Dos Caras Jr. could also be wounded by them during a move. I don't know at all how many WWE current wrestlers can fully interact with a such quick and high flying move set, but surely only a few.

I also want him to use all his moves and Chimaera (Ricardo Rodriguez) too. But for that you need a special division for highly, quick, agile, technical wrestlers with a new belt and new opponents. :mad:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In order for him to use his full move set you need skilled opponents to sell it and to sustain it. It would be sad to hurt opponents who are unable to be as quick or agile. Dos Caras Jr. could also be wounded by them during a move. I don't know at all how many WWE current wrestlers can fully interact with a such quick and high flying move set, but surely only a few.

I also want him to use all his moves and Chimaera (Ricardo Rodriguez) too. But for that you need a special division for highly, quick, agile, technical wrestlers with a new belt and new opponents. :mad:
Kind of like the ROH Pure Championship.

Matches for the ROH Pure Championship were conducted under Pure Wrestling Rules. The three Pure Wrestling Rules are:

1. Each wrestler has three rope breaks to stop submission holds and pinfalls during the match. After a wrestler exhausts his rope breaks, submission and pin attempts under the ropes by the opponent are considered legal.
  2. There are no closed-fist punches to the face allowed in a Pure match, only open-handed slaps or chops to the face are allowed. Punches to other parts of the body (save for low-blows) are permitted. The first use of a closed fist will get a warning, and the second will cause the wrestler to be penalized a rope break. If he is already out of rope breaks, he will be disqualified.
  3. A wrestler is subject to a twenty count by the referee if the wrestler goes to the floor.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Kind of like the ROH Pure Championship.

Matches for the ROH Pure Championship were conducted under Pure Wrestling Rules. The three Pure Wrestling Rules are:

1. Each wrestler has three rope breaks to stop submission holds and pinfalls during the match. After a wrestler exhausts his rope breaks, submission and pin attempts under the ropes by the opponent are considered legal.
  2. There are no closed-fist punches to the face allowed in a Pure match, only open-handed slaps or chops to the face are allowed. Punches to other parts of the body (save for low-blows) are permitted. The first use of a closed fist will get a warning, and the second will cause the wrestler to be penalized a rope break. If he is already out of rope breaks, he will be disqualified.
  3. A wrestler is subject to a twenty count by the referee if the wrestler goes to the floor.
In fact I was simply thinking about putting all high flying, technical, agile and quick WWE wrestlers into on specific championship with a new belt. There wouldn't be only cruiserweights but all wrestlers able to act quickly, agily or technically. Only cruiserweights would be bored.

I won't ask new rules it would be too complicate. You can't change instantly the direction of full speed galloping horses without an accident. Of course, you need new wrestlers from other promotions.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
You said about having a limited arsenal as a heel, why would that be?

ADR, CM Punk and Jericho for example are amongst the WWE's top heels and they have very large movestets compared to many faces in the company. If by changing their in-ring work to suit that of a face they'd still have their usual moves wouldn't they? I'm sure if Del Rio did that running enzuiguri to his opponent on the top rope he'd get a huge pop as a face would he not?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
You said about having a limited arsenal as a heel, why would that be?

ADR, CM Punk and Jericho for example are amongst the WWE's top heels and they have very large move set compared to many faces in the company. If by changing their in-ring work to suit that of a face they'd still have their usual moves wouldn't they? I'm sure if Del Rio did that running enzuiguri to his opponent on the top rope he'd get a huge pop as a face would he not?
He would get a huge pop for any good moves as a face or as a heel. But sadly he is restrained :

- by the lack of good opponents about sell and work thoses moves without being hurt or hurting him.
- because he is a heel (remember even heel Rey Mysterio got restrained).

WWE should stop restraining heel wrestlers and seriously try to get a Gimmick/style championships (like ROH or X Division title) with special rules to show agility and technics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Championship_(professional_wrestling)

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Ok, this is what I don't get. We all know Alberto Del Rio is good. I didn't look at the whole video, but all I want to know is why is everyone so concerned about acrobatic moves. This is not a video game. I for one am glad they got rid of the cruiserweight title. It's nothing more but a showcase title. In boxing it matters. Why? Because In a real fight someone can get hurt messing with someone well out of there weight class. I don't care how fast Rey Mysterio is in real life Big Show would destroy him everytime. Why? Because In real life Mysterio can't reach high enough or have enough impact to knock show out. Show on the other hand only weighs 300 pounds more than Rey. I'm sure if any one of us get hit by someone who weighs 300 more than us we'd be out cold. This is wrestling and it's all about the story. Which is why Shawn Michaels was able to realistically pull out 2 straight classics with Undertaker. Shawn Michaels didn't do it with 500 moves. Yeah, he did a moonsault and suicide dive but it wasn't the fact he did it it's when he did it that mattered. Rey Mysterio has mastered this. Guys like Evan Bourne who can do all the flips he wants he'll never main event. John Morrison is flashly yes... but it wasn't until he started kneeing people in the face to finish a match that he really mattered. Seriously... watch the Ladder match with Sheamus. That's won of the best ladder matches I've ever seen. John has now understood when to pull a spot out. He's not breakdancing to do a leg drop anymore.

Taking the crusierweight belt away gives the really skilled high flyers a real goal. To be the best all around... not the best in a sub divison that is over looked. I don't take the X division belt serious. I hardly take the TNA belt serious but i can't argue that anyone unworthy held it yet (after the break from the NWA title).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts