Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm not talking about the roster in and of itself, i'm talking about the alignment and placement of certain guys.
Seth Rollins, Kevin Owens, Rusev, are faces, they were like the top heel trifecta at one point, possibly Bray Wyatt might soon follow.
Braun Strowman was poised to go on a rampage of destruction as your next monster heel, but he's a big teddy bear now.
Sami Zayn, Cesaro, Finn Balor, Bayley, that happy go lucky bunch, are now heels.
Nakamura and Styles were, supposedly, these life altering acquisitions who were gonna revolutionize the sport and put the company on their backs, but they're just your everyday midcard heels right now, Sasha Banks same thing in her division.
It just boggles my mind.

·
The Babyface of WF
10,986 Posts
I see plenty of superstars in the wrong role they occupy.

Seth as FOTC-Turn him Heel he's better as a Heel in every way.

AJ babysitting Gallows and Anderson-He should be a solo star loosely aligned at best not being dragged down to Midcard hell.

Alexa being switched between Face and Heel every 5 minutes-She's a Top calibre Villainess who could use a full fledged change to compliment her character strategy.

Rusev/KO/Braun should all be Heels no mistake about it.

Nakamura could have been bigger as a Face before being rushed off into a Heel role that's damaged his stock completely, No wonder he couldn't care less.

Asuka/Sasha are pretty self explanatory in being incredibly underused out of McMahon bias, They are not talents to hold back down in a supporting role.

Roman if given the chance could be your next big Heel of the Company but that's never going to happen anytime soon, If Finding a new FOTC is beginning to take it's toll just rotate between a few very over but organically pushed Babyfaces, Take a look at Becky for the obvious example, Where's your male equivalent?

I rest my case.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see plenty of superstars in the wrong role they occupy.

Seth as FOTC-Turn him Heel he's better as a Heel in every way.

AJ babysitting Gallows and Anderson-He should be a solo star loosely aligned at best not being dragged down to Midcard hell.

Alexa being switched between Face and Heel every 5 minutes-She's a Top calibre Villainess who could use a full fledged change to compliment her character strategy.

Rusev/KO/Braun should all be Heels no mistake about it.

Nakamura could have been bigger as a Face before being rushed off into a Heel role that's damaged his stock completely, No wonder he couldn't care less.

Asuka/Sasha are pretty self explanatory in being incredibly underused out of McMahon bias, They are not talents to hold back down in a supporting role.

Roman if given the chance could be your next big Heel of the Company but that's never going to happen anytime soon, If Finding a new FOTC is beginning to take it's toll just rotate between a few very over but organically pushed Babyfaces, Take a look at Becky for the obvious example, Where's your male equivalent?

I rest my case.
I almost forgot about Asuka and Alexa, they're good examples as well.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Well I would blame the hiring actually... Vince has always historically relied on the brilliance of their wrestlers in being sports entertainers..and this in turn has made him what he is today..

Unfortunately now the wrestlers who can sell themselves are far and very few in number and Vince somehow managed to piss them all off or they have gone Hollywood.... So what he is left is the shambles we see today..because the current crop are fan boys who grew up watching the attitude era and they just agree to whatever crap is given to them, have no input by themselves either, no real characters which can be turned up a few notches, and then wonder why they get booed :lol You can harp all you want about being miscast..but Jericho freaking got a stationary pad over..so go figure!!

·
Registered
14,593 Posts
I think many of the guys are in the wrong place on the card. A guy like Kofi Kingston gets 5 month long title reigns while more deserving people get stuck in feuds with Shane Mcmahon or stuck in stupid love triangle feuds.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Its a few of things. Right now the main "feeder" into WWE main roster usually goes something like... indies -> NXT -> Main Roster.

For whatever reason it seems very hard for many of the NXT stars to "make it big" on the main roster and often fade into obscurity, sitting around in catering hoping for some TV time.
So, there isn't a lot done with much of the "new talent" that comes up to the main roster.

That leaves the same guys and girls we see every week to wrestle each other over and over again in the 5 hours of main roster broadcast TV each week. This gets old and stale very quickly. In an effort to shake it up and make it seem fresh they do the kind of random face / heel changes mentioned.

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
So many people miscast, no real stars, that's why the product is where it is now.

The closest they got to having all the people cast in their proper roles was in early 2018. And not surprisingly, that was the only time they saw a slight increase in ratings year over year.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Rollins tried to be a hero in the vein of someone from the New Generation era and failed. No big deal. Just means he needs to be either an antihero or a top heel going forward.

Owens – not a complete antihero like Austin, but modern day WWE is soft, so what do you expect?

Rusev is ... Rusev. He’s just not taken seriously as a top title contender by the company.

Zayn – would you rather his gimmick was a cab driver?

Cesaro – not sure what you would have him do. Even though he’s a workhorse, he doesn’t carry the belt that’s synonymous with workhorses in the IC belt.

Strowman – a big ass mistake that he hasn’t had a run with the top belt as a monster.

Nakamura – I think he just has phases to his Artist persona. There’s the Rising Sun phase as a face, and currently he in Shadows of the Setting Sun phase as a heel. Makes sense there will be a Shadows of the Rising Sun phase someday; basically an antihero that’s a blend of his NXT days, his WM34 entrance, and his SD heel days before going back to being a full blown face again. I otherwise consider him retired. He’s comfortable where he is.

Styles might still be a revolutionary force, if he main events WM against Roman Reigns or Adam Cole or Velveteen Dream. He’s really good at making someone look like a million bucks.

Balor and Bayley both needed the change and are better off for it.

It’s not Sasha/Asuka/Alexa or the other women, it’s WWE. The women’s revolution is just a catchphrase to make money for them. Otherwise Evolution 2 would have occurred already, and Becky vs Sasha would have main evented HIAC instead of the disaster they put on instead.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts