Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Dumbasses. Angle is one of the best technical wrestlers ever in my honest opinion (notice how I didn't say fact?).

·
Registered
302 Posts
How absurd.

List off all the awesome Angle matches through the years. Were they awesome because of one or two spots? No. There's your answer.

·
Banned
12,539 Posts
Thing they are actually disrespecting him. Kurt Angle is a fine damn wrestler and for me, one of the best the business has ever seen. The guy is a legit wrestler, he won a gold medal with a broken freaking neck, his words not mine.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
It did annoy me to see him completely no sell Hardy's finisher just so we could see his angle slam spot.

·
Banned
2,383 Posts
He can be, but it's usually tempered when his opponent has sufficient input. Give Kurt a guy like Lesnar or Taker or pretty much anyone who'll want to do things their own way and you end up with a pretty nice compromise. I see nothing inherently wrong with spots, provided they're worked into the narrative, which is pretty much just what you get in those instances.

Having said that, I quite enjoy his spottier matches. They're still fun to watch and I think they're good for the show most of the time. Sometimes the best thing a wrestler can do is enthuse and excite the crowd. His Lockdown match, for example, was the absolute best thing for the show at that point. After a fairly forgettable series of matches throughout the rest of the night, the crowd needed something fast and exciting, which is exactly what he and Jeff provided. It kept the crowd going until the main event, which is where the thoughtful storytelling occurred.

Dumbasses - (notice how I didn't say fact?).
No need when you can just insult everyone who disagrees with you, right?

·
Wrestling Forum's Ace Attorney
4,126 Posts
Only in TNA is he somewhat of a spot monkey.. In the WWE, he was one of the greatest to ever be in the ring and he still is.

·
@delecast
4,406 Posts
Angle is a lot like Flair in that he has certain spots he likes to do. Angle is also like Flair in his ability to get those same spots over.

A spot monkey is a wrestler that can only get themselves over by doing spots. Angle was/is able to get himself over because of much more than a few spots.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
They're right.
Truth. People think Angle got worse when he went to TNA but IMO he's always been a no-selling, psychology lacking sack of shit. Can you name a good match he's had against a guy who isn't fantastic in the ring? He's a guy that needs to be elevated, not the other way around.

Reactions: nater89

·
Registered
727 Posts
Highly disagree, imo Kurt Angle is the greatest wrestler ever.
I watch wrestling to watch WRESTLING, all the other stuff is just a bonus.

What the hell is "in-ring psychology" anyway, see it thrown around here alot and im not sure people are using it for the correct reason.

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
It's actually an insult to my intelligence. Kurt Angle is the greatest of all time. These morons simply do not know what they're talking about. Saying Kurt Angle is a "sack of shit" isn't even an opinion, it's a lie. I can name about 100 great Kurt Angle matches, so if that's "lacking psychology", then I wish half the WWE roster lacked it.

Let me ask you a question - Do you consider the Undertaker a spot monkey? I mean, he does his annual Wrestlemania dive over the ropes for a cheap pop. Why is it any different with Angle doing his signature moonsault off the cage? WHY is Kurt Angle doing 3 Olympic Slams different to Undertaker and HBK trading finisher kickouts at Wrestlemania 25 and 26? I'd love someone to just come along and give me a valid explanation other than "Well hurr... Angle did it in TNA, so it sucks." = That's called being a hypocrite.

Truth. People think Angle got worse when he went to TNA but IMO he's always been a no-selling, psychology lacking sack of shit. Can you name a good match he's had against a guy who isn't fantastic in the ring? He's a guy that needs to be elevated, not the other way around.
:lmao Are you for real? You need TWO people to have a good match. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
Since when do people call Kurt Angle a spot monkey? He's one of the very best wrestlers in the entire world, even at this stage in his career and the ring psychology he uses is excellent and usually makes perfect sense.

·
Banned
741 Posts
Highly disagree, imo Kurt Angle is the greatest wrestler ever.
I watch wrestling to watch WRESTLING, all the other stuff is just a bonus.

What the hell is "in-ring psychology" anyway, see it thrown around here alot and im not sure people are using it for the correct reason.
atleast someone has some sense

It's actually an insult to my intelligence. Kurt Angle is the greatest of all time. These morons simply do not know what they're talking about. Saying Kurt Angle is a "sack of shit" isn't even an opinion, it's a lie. I can name about 100 great Kurt Angle matches, so if that's "lacking psychology", then I wish half the WWE roster lacked it.

Let me ask you a question - Do you consider the Undertaker a spot monkey? I mean, he does his annual Wrestlemania dive over the ropes for a cheap pop. Why is it any different with Angle doing his signature moonsault off the cage? WHY is Kurt Angle doing 3 Olympic Slams different to Undertaker and HBK trading finisher kickouts at Wrestlemania 25 and 26? I'd love someone to just come along and give me a valid explanation other than "Well hurr... Angle did it in TNA, so it sucks." = That's called being a hypocrite.

:lmao Are you for real? You need TWO people to have a good match. :rolleyes:
you have just eared rep for this, you couldn't have said it any better to these extremely biased marks

·
Registered
183 Posts
Couldn't disagree more.

Really don't like the term spot monkey, to me it's just a different style of wrestling. Has Kurt's style changed over the years? Yes. Does this make him a worse wrestler? No.

The Ring Psychology snobs make me laugh. Totally agree that two wrestlers who can tell a great story in the ring can make for a fantastic match. What I totally disagree with is that this is the only way to have a fantastic match. It isn't. Another way is a match with some great spots in it.

Seriously, if people want to have a pop at Kurt there's plenty of other ways to do it that make sense. Just follow his Twitter.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Kurt Angle is a top 5 wrestler/in-ring performer of all time. The same people who call him a spot monkey think guys like Christian and CM Punk are gods amongst men, nuff said.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Lol at this thread. Angle is one of the best wrestlers in ring. Thread closed

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.