Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
It's improving but still has a lot of problems to get through or fix. Glad to see guys like Roode, Aries, Storm, Kaz, and Morgan be treated as something important but it's not enough to fix the crap all around the company. Maybe BFG will tell us where TNA goes from here.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Well at least instead TBP battling each other and fighting for the right to their trademark, 2001 is slightly better, but not as exciting as it once was, where talent was put over looks and being former WWE person. Now looks and being a former WWE draw is what matters.

compare to last year, Madison is now a bruentte bitchy harpe whos shrill will drive one nuts, to Velvet being a lacky and now the Cena/2Kelly of the division, yet her ring skill still hasnt improved, Angelina was the top heel to a poor face to now a zombie turned lacky, Tara became heel and now a tag wrestler, the mega talented Sarita is now part of a horrible stable, and her single push's ship has sailed, Mickie gets pushed based on her WWE power, Winter is still a jobber in WWE and TNA, except in TNA is probably the worse champ (I only wrestle/defend when I drop the belt!) and now doing films where she strips and eats bananas to make ends meet, ODB became a face KO champ to a heel bully, Roxxi is still fired, Tessmacher became a secretary to now a decent wrestler, did I forget anyone?

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I honestly don't care for the division that much anymore. Even with the addition of Mickie James who was supposed to add starpower to the division, she seems just as irrelevant as the rest of the women. I can't really say what it is, but no one really stands out and everything that they do comes off as an afterthought on the show that just leaves me uninterested and its been like that since around 2009 and especially 2010.

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
They Sucks can TNA get another hour of tv so the we can have more time on Impact for better things only time that division was great was when Kong, ODB, G.Kim, Hamada and Beautiful People were running around

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I honestly don't care for the division that much anymore. Even with the addition of Mickie James who was supposed to add starpower to the division, she seems just as irrelevant as the rest of the women. I can't really say what it is, but no one really stands out and everything that they do comes off as an afterthought on the show that just leaves me uninterested and its been like that since around 2009 and especially 2010.
Yeah I toally agree. Mickie has been irrelevent before she left WWE and still is in tna. Her song is dredful and her character sucks. The divison has gone down hill since Gail and Kong left.

·
Banned
1,788 Posts
i think it has a lot of potential. especially if gail kim comes back... they have a lot of legit female wrestlers

i think the problem is how they are booked.. not so much the talent..... odb needs to be in the title picture for one\

i think if gail kim comes back

and they bring back maybe hamada and alyssa flash as a tag team to feud with sarita/rosita

i think it has potential to be the best north america womens division of all time

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
needs moar sarita

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
They have the characters down pat. I mean, most of their matches at least have plenty of working in them.

But the moves are just not there. It's like watching old school wrestling without the punches, kicks, and throws looking really painful.

They need some KOs that can make the division more diverse. Pretty much every KO is a brawler, and it doesn't have to be like that. I feel like they need someone that specializes as a technician, or a power wrestler, someone to break the monotony.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
It's lacking in diversity, in many ways. They've steered away from the women being athletes towards them being 'Beautiful People', which pretty much takes away its appeal as a division. I'm pretty bored with it right now.

·
Banned
1,788 Posts
It's lacking in diversity, in many ways. They've steered away from the women being athletes towards them being 'Beautiful People', which pretty much takes away its appeal as a division. I'm pretty bored with it right now.
is that why mickie james is the heart of the division? i love mickie ...... but shes no barbie doll. she looks nothing like a diva/barbie doll - shes a very pretty woman.. but shes more than looks

why would they bring back odb and jackie.. two very unattractive women who can wrestle?

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
is that why mickie james is the heart of the division? i love mickie ...... but shes no barbie doll. she looks nothing like a diva/barbie doll - shes a very pretty woman.. but shes more than looks

why would they bring back odb and jackie.. two very unattractive women who can wrestle?
You're missing the point. There was a time when the division consisted of women who were treated like athletes and the main focus was what they could bring to the table in terms of ring work. They had Nikki Roxx, Cheerleader Melissa, Ayako Hamada, Gail Kim and Awesome Kong (among others) who were fantastic athletes but as soon as Bischoff and Hogan came in, they decided all of a sudden that it no longer mattered. It's not about "Ugly = good in the ring, hot = bad in the ring" because Gail, Nikki, Melissa and the like are far from horrible to look at.

This is the company who turned down Sara Del Rey - the best women's wrestler North America has to offer - because, and I quote, "She needs to have more of what the Beautiful People have". They don't want athletes anymore, and they don't want athletic and competitive contests and rivalries. Mickie is quite clearly a classic pretty girl. Tits, ass and all those other things that are important in TNA. Not to mention her starpower.

This is the company who gave us Gail Kim vs Awesome Kong. That worked for them, more than any of the stuff they're doing now does. The division should be about athletes, and you rarely see that being emphasized anymore. Even with the men, it's a similar problem. Thanks Hogan, thanks Bischoff!

·
Registered
230 Posts
What to say ? It's the same thing since Dutch and Savio left (and I am not even a great fan of Dutch Mantell). The girls are doing their absolute best with what they're given, but it's just that the writers and agents are completely incompetent. Mickie is a case in point. For 3-4 months when she arrived creative tried to make some effort and the division really improved, and then it all collapsed and we got the same directionless planless badly written tawdry stuff.
It's not even about the wrestling style, about what amount of comedy, athleticism or storytelling there are in the matches. It's just that everything is horribly built and unplanned.

A few examples in the last few months :

*Velvet let her bff go dark side although she's clearly drugged and now totally doesn't care about her although she's a face (why ?)
*Mickie vs Winter/Angelina could have been good, but it was badly written and dragging without any direction, just like the BP feud last year, just like Tara/Madison which apparently is still not finished (duh).
*Madison dominates for one full year, then loses every single match under one minute, then disappears for three months. Now she's suddenly in the title match at BfG, and aligned with Karen, she may well be in for another monster push. And since she refuses to wrestle, that means more bad stuff coming.
*Mickie was quite often off tv when she had the belt. Winter wins the belt, she's written off tv and Mickie starts wrestling every week on tv. Then the title changes hands two more times (duh), and now the champion (Winter again) is off tv again. Re-duh.
*In one week, creative :
- created a new team (Tara & Brooke)
- put them in a feud (with MA)
- booked this new team in a title match
- made them win the belts
and they won the rematch at the very next ppv.
They did a 3 months program in one show, duh. Now of course Rosita & Sarita are back to being valets for talentless hacks, and Tara & Brooke are off tv. Re-duh.
*Jackie & ODB used to appear every week; now that they have TNA contracts, they are off tv, too. So it means that when writing the conclusion of the Velvet-ODB/Jackie story, creative had absolutely no idea what to do next. Holly on-the-fly booking Batman.

·
When we all fall alseep where do we go?
23,612 Posts
It is awesome right now. Winter and Mickie have had a great feud and the BFG 4-Way match looks solid and is more interesting than last year's. They picked the right workers for the match although I would replace Sky with Sarita. I just hope they can sign Gail Kim again and hopefully Serena and Melina. It will be damn real then.

·
Registered
147 Posts
It's been good for a while now. Winter and Mickie have been great. Keep Winter at the top (and on telly with the title, hint hint). I'd reduce the number of Knockouts to 8 as well as they only have the 1 match and 1 segment per Impact.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts