·
Banned
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think TNA is awesome. We got AJ ,Sting, Joe

·
Registered
851 Posts
Not better than what it used to be but at the momment in time, probably the best mainstream western wrestling promotion.

·
Registered
144 Posts
i love TNA at the moment. Impact has been consistently been better than Raw and Smackdown combined
You're joking right?

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
I love Ric Flair's one hour draws.

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
Last time I watched a full show of TNA was the Destination X PPV, which I enjoyed thoroughly. I tried to watch the show but I just find it unbearable. It's got all the cheese and cliches you'll find in a wrestling show, but not in a campy CHIKARA way. I do think that TNA has great talent though. AJ, Joe, Kazarian, Aries and so much more.

·
Banned
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Last time I watched a full show of TNA was the Destination X PPV, which I enjoyed thoroughly. I tried to watch the show but I just find it unbearable. It's got all the cheese and cliches you'll find in a wrestling show, but not in a campy CHIKARA way. I do think that TNA has great talent though. AJ, Joe, Kazarian, Aries and so much more.
unbearable really tna is fantastic

·
Registered
144 Posts
So fantastic means terrible now?

When did this change in definitions occur?

TNA is far from fantastic.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Roster (wrestling-wise): A (time to dump Hogan, Bischoff, Steiner, Flair, Neal, Moore, Hernandez, Murhpy, Anarquia, etc)
Roster (promo-wise): B+ (Bubba, Jarrett, Aries, Roode, Kendrick, Alex Shelley among the standouts)
Presentation (camera work, interviews, backstage): B+
Format: C- (not enough wrestling, not enough TV time for a roster of this size)
Booking: F
Storylines: F

Basically, TNA would be amazing if they trimmed up some of the roster, got a secondary TV show in the US, and completely overhauled creative (No more Russo, Conway, Hogan, Bischoff).

·
America's Most Hated
3,597 Posts
I tried watching the first hour before Jersey Shore one time, trying to kill time. I made it 20 minutes in and decided to go get alcohol instead. It feels like WCW.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Should be better than it is. Their roster has progressively gotten worse over the years and they've become more concerned with being WWF/WCW lite than actually developing their own identity as a company. The amount of time taken up by Sting, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Bischoff and Kurt Angle shows that. The only thing they're doing right is Robert Roode, and that isn't enough to hold my interest.

On top of that, I can't take them seriously. Everything just screams bush league and half-assed. Corny feuds, segments and promos that try too hard to NOT be WWE, the crappy Impact Zone and so on. It just comes across as trash TV. Their 'Wrestling Matters' campaign was one of the last straws for me.

I just can't get through an Impact in one sitting. There's something so off about it, I just can't put my finger on what exactly it is. Excessive cursing, trying too hard to be edgy, just embarrassing stuff like that. It seems more like bad reality TV than a wrestling show.

They've gone from being one of the best places for great, young, upcoming talent to hone their craft and show the world some great rasslin' to being the place washed-up wrestling vets can go to get their egos massaged, pay off their massive debts and get away with popping somas and doing general stupid crap. Longterm, I don't see the company making any positive change until they just cut the guys I've mentioned loose and actually TRY to make professional wrestling and young wrestlers mean something. But for now, I'm not happy with the women's division, the X division, the tag division, the main event or really any aspect of the company. Their roster's getting worse and the whole show is just getting less and less worth my time or a TV deal.

But maybe I'm just bitter that Alex Shelley hasn't been given anything to do in god knows how long.

·
Providing For My Family
6,868 Posts
They have an amazing roster with tons of potential and talent. Guys like Bobby Roode, James Storm, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Kazarian, Alex Shelly, Douglas Williams, the list goes on. Problem is except for Bobby Roode they don't utilise the roster to the their advantage and instead focus on Hogan, Flair, Bishoff week in, week out. It really hurts the company because they have the ability to be an amazing promotion.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
They have an amazing roster with tons of potential and talent. Guys like Bobby Roode, James Storm, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Kazarian, Alex Shelly, Douglas Williams, the list goes on. Problem is except for Bobby Roode they don't utilise the roster to the their advantage and instead focus on Hogan, Flair, Bishoff week in, week out. It really hurts the company because they have the ability to be an amazing promotion.
Exactly. It's so frustrating that they have all the tools needed to become a great promotion, but instead they choose to get the cheap nostalgia pop week in, week out and refuse to grow. Ugh.

·
Banned
1,502 Posts
I don't even watch it anymore now, I thought it was great from 2004-2007 but something happened in 2008 and it's constantly gone down hill, I thought it was just as good as WWE back in 06/07 which were my favorite years in wrestling but since then TNA has done very little that I've been impressed with.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.