Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far, it seems that the WWE has forget the separation of both brands, we see this with the Smackdown rosters wrestling for the RAW championships. What is your opinion about this? Is this convenient for the WWE or is it better that each wrestlers fights in their own brands? It is convenient for the wrestlers? Explain why or why not.

·
Registered
140 Posts
End the Brand Extension now. As I said on another thread, look at the talent that was in WWE when the Brand Extension began in 2002 and look at what they've got now. They had one of, if not the best roster of all time from 2002-2003.

Here are just some of the names on the roster in 2002

Stone Cold Steve Austin
The Rock
Triple H
The Undertaker
Rob Van Dam
Kurt Angle
Hulk Hogan
Ric Flair
Kevin Nash
Scott Hall
Chris Benoit
Kane
Edge
Eddie Guerrero
Booker T
Brock Lesnar
Tajiri
Christian
Big Show
Raven
Goldust
Tommy Dreamer
Dudley Boyz
Hardy Boyz
APA
Shawn Michaels - came out of retirement in 2002
Batista - Debuted in WWE in 2002
John Cena - Debuted in WWE in 2002
Randy Orton - Debuted in WWE in 2002
Scott Steiner - Signed shortly after Brand Extension began
Rey Mysterio - Signed shortly after Brand Extension began
Goldberg - Signed shortly after Brand Extension began

They had a reason to do the Brand Extension back then. However, that reason has passed now because the roster is not even close to that deep now. They could make the product so much better if they just combine the rosters into one and cut a lot of bad talent i.e. The Great Khali.

·
Registered
270 Posts
The brand extension is already ending. Raw has pretty much every wrestler on the roster whenever they are wanted and Smackdown is really the only show that still somewhat sticks to it. Smackdown is also becoming increasingly more optional to watch.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
Brand extension still serves a purpose allowing 2 different house show touring groups.. Admitedly the extension itself is treading water currently but hopefully the new call-ups and some of the tlaent that is mostly NXT exclusive can develop and the brand extension will be fine once again.

Another good thing about the Brand extension is the fact that it makes the schedules for the superstars easier and I do think that the Supershow thing (having SD guys wrking both Raw and SD) was one of the reasons that there were so many injuries on the SD brand in the recent past.

·
Registered
345 Posts
End the Brand Extension now. As I said on another thread, look at the talent that was in WWE when the Brand Extension began in 2002 and look at what they've got now. They had one of, if not the best roster of all time from 2002-2003.

Stone Cold Steve Austin
The Rock
Triple H
The Undertaker
Rob Van Dam
Kurt Angle
Hulk Hogan
Ric Flair
Kevin Nash
Scott Hall
Chris Benoit
Kane
Edge
Eddie Guerrero
Booker T
Brock Lesnar
Tajiri
Christian
Big Show
Raven
Goldust
Tommy Dreamer
Dudley Boyz
Hardy Boyz
APA

They had a reason to do the Brand Extension back then. However, that reason has passed now because the roster is not even close to that deep now. They could make the product so much better if they just combine the rosters into one and cut a lot of bad talent i.e. The Great Khali.
damn, those were the good ol' days.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Brand extension still serves a purpose allowing 2 different house show touring groups.. Admitedly the extension itself is treading water currently but hopefully the new call-ups and some of the tlaent that is mostly NXT exclusive can develop and the brand extension will be fine once again.

Another good thing about the Brand extension is the fact that it makes the schedules for the superstars easier and I do think that the Supershow thing (having SD guys wrking both Raw and SD) was one of the reasons that there were so many injuries on the SD brand in the recent past.
They could still have 2 different house show touring groups. They did this long before the Brand Extension.

·
Registered
95 Posts
So far, it seems that the WWE has forget the separation of both brands, we see this with the Smackdown rosters wrestling for the RAW championships. What is your opinion about this? Is this convenient for the WWE or is it better that each wrestlers fights in their own brands? It is convenient for the wrestlers? Explain why or why not.
This resembles a TOEFL question.

Brand extension was cool as it used to be in the Ruthless Agression, with each brand having its own roster and titles, and storylines involving both brands being a pretty exclusive thing.

In my opinion, WWE should returnt to this concept, restate the Women's title, the World Tag title and the Cruiserweight title. Besides, they should make Smackdown! more important. Now it is only RAW's bitch.

O.K. I want my 90 points :cool2

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
While we didn't have a draft, it seems that wrestlers just go on whatever show they want to.
When was Bryan drafted to RAW? When was Del Rio drafted to Smackdown?

And now since Big Johnny is in charge of both shows - Why not make it just one?

·
Banned
67 Posts

Stone Cold Steve Austin
The Rock
Triple H
The Undertaker
Rob Van Dam
Kurt Angle
Hulk Hogan
Ric Flair
Kevin Nash
Scott Hall
Chris Benoit
Kane
Edge
Eddie Guerrero
Booker T
Brock Lesnar
Tajiri
Christian
Big Show
Raven
Goldust
Tommy Dreamer
Dudley Boyz
Hardy Boyz
APA

Look at those names... DAMN! WWE had one of the best roster of all time back then.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts