Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
win loss record 1-1-1
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine is the 2018 rumble, it has a nice line up in the rumbles themselves and a great card overall

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
6,476 Posts
1992 is the greatest Royal Rumble by a country mile, and it's not even close. Best overall lineup, best storylines, best drama, unexpected ending...it's got it all. No other Rumble has ever compared.

Pushing past the clear best answer, it's much more murky. 2007 (coming down to Undertaker and HBK) and 2008 (with Cena's surprise return and win) are both very good. 2001 and 2002 are good as well.

·
6,476 Posts
I'm partial to 95, I was 9 at the time and that finish made me a HBK mark for life.
Sweet lord almighty, that might be the worst Rumble of all time, right up there with 2011. The weakest field ever combined with the shortest time between entrances (60 seconds) made for a disastrous match. Hell, it's not even the best Rumble with Michaels as the winner! The next year's match is much better.

·
Premium Member
2,175 Posts
The 1992 Rumble has been my favourite ever since I first watched it on the WWE Network a few years ago. Just the perfect Rumble. Other than that I'm also really fond of the 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2018 and 2020 shows.

2001 is super entertaining and Kane was great in it.
2005 and the awesome Batista/Cena finish.
2007 has the awesome finale with Shawn Michaels and Undertaker
2008 has the great Cena return.
2018 was entertaining and the finale between Nakamura and Reigns was great.
2020 had Brock dominating the first half and I liked it a lot.

A lot of the 90s Rumbles just don't hit for me. 1999 in particular was far more boring than I thought it'd be. Seeing Jeff Jarrett interact and wrestle Stone Cold was a novelty though. Glimpse into the feud that never was haha.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I've always been nostalgic for the 2002 rumble.

I like early on Undertaker coming in and cleaning house, then his mini battle with the Hardys and his surprise elimination by Maven. Then it's the Stone Cold show and he eliminates everyone, realizes there's still time before another entrant so he throws everyone back into the ring and eliminates them a second time. I don't mind Triple H winning and Mr Perfect was a cool return.

·
Registered
350 Posts
92 is an obvious choice and still holds up today. The combination of a star studded rumble match itself along with Heenan on top form, more than makes up for an average undercard .
That said, for some reason I’m a sucker for the 96 rumble . The Gunns v Body Donnas isn’t a bad match, the Razor v Goldust IC title change was surprising at the time. Then the Rumble match, which I actually enjoyed Vince and Perfect’s commentary. Hennig seemed to be having a laugh and being a 14 year old Nash mark at the time I still get hyped when Diesel’s music hits and Vinny Mac gives it the “well, well, well look who’s coming to town. “ love it .

only drawback is the WWF title match between Bret and undertaker sucks . That’s coming from a Hitman fan

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
22,611 Posts
1990 for me.

Star power was ridiculous, it was the first WWF VHS tape I owned and honestly, I must have watched it every single week.

Dibiase lasting as long as he did was great. But the best part is how they eliminated the Warrior. First Warrior saves Hogan from getting eliminated and then Hogan helps eliminate Warrior. Jesse Ventura was on his A game during the Rumble.

Mr Perfect, I believe, was meant to win this one but Hogan vetoed that decision.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Royal Rumble 2004. I loved Benoit, he started at number 1, and ended up using his raw technical ability at the end to eliminate the giant.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
2001. Kane and the Honky Tonk Man was amazing and the big argument JR and King had before Rikishi came out over HHH attacking Austin was freaking hilarious.

·
Registered
Muscles Loyalty Respect
211 Posts
1994- Alot of fans think the ending is lame with luger and bret sharing the victory but I love it.

Honourable mentions:

1992-"It's not fair to flair" and that promo at the end.
2017-Quality rumble start to finish
2020- Brock Lesnar,Lesnar's elimination and edge's return.

·
6,476 Posts
Just reports I've heard from over the last 30 years.

Could of course be wrong - but as with so much with Hogan, hard not to believe.
What reports? Where? From what sources?

I don't actually care - I'm simply highlighting how casually so many of you throw out these random accusations and theories without anything to back them up.

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
22,611 Posts
What reports? Where? From what sources?

I don't actually care - I'm simply highlighting how casually so many of you throw out these random accusations and theories without anything to back them up.
I remember reading it on message boards in the 90s when people were complaining about Hogan in WCW.

And it's something that I've always seen pop up since if the discussion demanded it.

Whether it's been on social media, forums, podcasts etc.

·
Registered
Not to be taken seriously
812 Posts

Bobby Heenan.

Reactions: AthleticGirth

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Sweet lord almighty, that might be the worst Rumble of all time, right up there with 2011. The weakest field ever combined with the shortest time between entrances (60 seconds) made for a disastrous match. Hell, it's not even the best Rumble with Michaels as the winner! The next year's match is much better.
Oh I'm well aware of those things, it doesnt hold up at all when you watch it back. But when I was 9 it was fucking awesome.

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
1992, its the best by far. Flair puts on a clinic and you'll never hear better commentary than you got with Heenan and Monsoon.

·
Registered
win loss record 1-1-1
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1992, its the best by far. Flair puts on a clinic and you'll never hear better commentary than you got with Heenan and Monsoon.
very true, i love the commentary throughout the rumble match itself and as always, be fair to Flair

1 - 20 of 40 Posts