Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
If Vince McMahon heard you say PPV he's likely to have a cardiac event.

When it comes to a big time match with big time feel I'd say Wrestlemania for select matches, but the overall concept I like the Royal Rumble, though this year it's looking worse and worse with them announcing all the participants ahead of time and putting an undeserving champion in it as well.

• Haha
Reactions: thatonewwefanguy

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
The Rumble.

·
Premium Member
2,175 Posts
The Royal Rumble has always been my favourite WWE show. My favourite PPV in general is Halloween Havoc though....even the NXT version.

Personally I've never liked Survivor Series. Money in the Bank has replaced it as far as I'm concerned.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
6,476 Posts
It's a boring and obvious answer, but it's the Rumble by a country mile.

WrestleMania is the only other reasonable answer, but it's ranged from fantastic (XXX, 31) to perfectly fine (33, 35, 37) to positively horrific (32, 36) in the last decade alone.

The Rumble, on the other hand, is always great fun simply because it's a fantastic concept. It's also the only WWE show you can enjoy with a large group of people that don't care about wrestling. Kudos, Pat Patterson.

·
Registered
win loss record 1-1-1
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Royal Rumble has always been my favourite WWE show. My favourite PPV in general is Halloween Havoc though....even the NXT version.

Personally I've never liked Survivor Series. Money in the Bank has replaced it as far as I'm concerned.
my favourite nxt premium live event is always wargames

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
Rumble than Wrestlemania.

I'm always hyped for Rumble no matter what - 100% of the time. When things go right on the WM build - I always get more hyped for mania then Rumble. Problem is - when things go wrong - by the time Mania comes around I'm numb to how crappy it looks - and so that's why it falls to #2 to me. Lately - it's more often bad then good ;)

·
Registered
win loss record 1-1-1
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's a boring and obvious answer, but it's the Rumble by a country mile.

WrestleMania is the only other reasonable answer, but it's ranged from fantastic (XXX, 31) to perfectly fine (33, 35, 37) to positively horrific (32, 36) in the last decade alone.

The Rumble, on the other hand, is always great fun simply because it's a fantastic concept. It's also the only WWE show you can enjoy with a large group of people that don't care about wrestling. Kudos, Pat Patterson.
except for the 2015 rumble, not that one

·
Registered
185 Posts
Royal Rumble easily followed by Mania. Survivor Series used to be third (especially 2000-2005) before it got watered down.

·
Waiting for Kawato
3,043 Posts
I like a Survivor Series match more than a Rumble, so I'd probably give that the edge. Mania and Summerslam are obviously meant to be the biggest deals, but with these other two you're more likely to be guaranteed a fun time (even if there's been a lot of seriously garbage Rumble's in recent years). With Mania and Summerslam you're more reliant on the card.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts