Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simple, what year did you personally enjoy TNA the most. It could be for any reason obviously.

For me it was 2006. Angle came in towards the end, LAX was on fire, Sting's debut, Christian Cage, and Rhino were killing it, Joe was killing it, and I remember really enjoying TNA as a whole around this time.

Though star quality wise it wasn't TNA's biggest year, but I really enjoyed the roster, the storylines, and the matches they had this year.

·
Registered
8,854 Posts
Probably around 2005 when I first started watching. That was due to seeing familiar faces I had not seen for awhile along with new ones for me like AJ and Daniels. It filled the void that ECW and WCW closing created. Beyond that each new year as I look forward to what new they can do. Not as same as that first year but still enjoyable.

Reactions: Master Bate

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
2005 and 2006.

And I haven't seen those two years in their entirety like I have the later years. I'm only going off of some of what I've seen those two years and man they were hot. Those are the only two years where I felt TNA was TNA and legit competitors to WWE.

I didn't have cable in 2005 and 2006, so I couldn't watch them entirely, I got cable in 2007 and was able to watch TNA full time and 2007-2009 weren't bad but I do feel 2007 is where TNA started slipping and then Hogan & Bischoff made it worse in 2010 and I tuned out sometime later that year or the beginning of the next year.

Bobby Roode's reign in 2011-2012 brought me back for a while but I stopped watching again after Bound For Glory 2012 and haven't watched since.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
05/06. Man that was some awesome stuff. Everything just clicked. Especially Joe. If Russo didn't take over the booking reigns at the end of '06, TNA would have made a huge name for itself. I don't think it would have taken over WWE, but it would have been a successful #2 for years after. If Joe was booked as an equal to Angle, then who knows what hights TNA could have got to.

·
Fire, walk with me
8,000 Posts
05/06 and 11/12 were great. Everything about Roodes reign and the rise of Aries in the latter was great. Even Aces and Eight was interesting but they just couldn't stick the landing on that and it became a mess

·
Registered
18,879 Posts
Tie between 2005 and 2006.

Very sad that the height of TNA was immediately followed by a slow, torturous decline.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I think that 05/06 is the obvious answer, but to be different, I thoroughly enjoyed 2012. A lot of great wrestling, Roode/Aries/Storm were all doing their best work, and the show just came together very well. Not too much rediculous overbooking, but a show that was consistently a fun watch every week. Even Aces & 8s didn't get terrible until the end of the year. Hardy's reign marked a decline, but I was really enjoying what they were doing between BFG 2011 and BFG 2012.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I loved 2006, that's what got me into TNA initially. Cage joining, Sting returning, seeing Styles, Joe and Daniels for the first time properly. Really enjoyed the end of 2009 with the Sting/Styles/Daniels sequence of PPV's and 2007 when they moved to two hours on spike.

I'll also throw up there 2016. I thought from January to September it was great tv. The face turn of EC3, recreation of the hardyz (especially Matt's transformation from babyface, to heel to broken), the summer of Lashley vs Edwards/ DJ Z and Storm, X divison matches involving Edwards, Z, Lee and Everett, building of Bennett, title win of Galloway and debut of Moose. It was such a shame that Slammiversary was clouded in financial catastrophe and Bound for Glory was completely ruined with the Corgan/Dixie drama leading to an awful run of episodes at the end of the year.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.