Wrestling Forum banner

Favorite show so far in 2011?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Banned
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What show are you enjoying more so far in 2011? And why?

Historically, I have always enjoyed RAW more than Smackdown!. But so far this year, I'm more into Smackdown!. I'm more interested in the feuds and think the matches are of higher quality. I guess, for me, it breaks down like this:

Edge/Ziggler > Cena/Miz or Lawler/Miz
Corre > New Nexus
LayCool > Cena

RAW still has a lot of guys that I enjoy watching though such as CM Punk, Sheamus, John Morrison, Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton. But for some reason these past few weeks, I watch RAW very casually, sometimes not even paying attention. However, I am on the edge of my seat, totally focused while watching Smackdown!. Can't explain why.

Anyway, what do you guys think?

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
Raw, because Dolph Ziggler isn't getting a main event push there.

One of the only reasons, besides Barrett, why you should be watching SmackDown is Alberto Del Rio...and he's on both brands right now, anyway. Combined with CM Punk and Miz, and the fact that all the BIG stuff happens on Raw, Raw has a distinct advantage.

· Registered
6,870 Posts
Ziggler's push rules, Corre is awesome, Del Rio is awesome, I'm digging SmackDown right now. Raw's got Jerry Lawler contending for the WWE Championship, a second, crappier Straight Edge Society, and Divas fighting over Daniel Bryan. Which would be fine with me if he was actually involved in some type of feud. Raw was good for most of 2010, but I'm definitely liking SmackDown way better right now.

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
Booo. Ziggler's matches are awesome. And Jerry Lawler is getting a main event push on RAW.
Jerry Lawler is getting a farewell push that is only being used as a way to put more heat on The Miz going into WrestleMania. Dolph Ziggler is getting an actual, main event push. They're not comparable.

Ziggler's matches are NOT awesome. They are good matches, but they are not Flair vs Steamboat classics. Even still, Ziggler could be the best wrestler in the world (and he's universes below Danielson), and he would STILL have the stage presence of a grain of sand. He's not a star, he doesn't have "it". Pushing him all you want isn't gonna help him, he's beyond help. He stands out less than the backstage interviewers. Fucking Ted Dibiase jr stands out more than this guy.

· Banned
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jerry Lawler is getting a farewell push that is only being used as a way to put more heat on The Miz going into WrestleMania. Dolph Ziggler is getting an actual, main event push. They're not comparable.

Ziggler's match are NOT awesome. They are good matches, but they are not Flair vs Steamboat classics. Even still, Ziggler could be the best wrestler in the world (and he's universes below Danielson), and he would STILL have the stage presence of a grain of sand. He's not a star, he doesn't have "it". Pushing him all you want isn't gonna help him, he's beyond help. He stands out less than the backstage interviewers. Fucking Ted Dibiase jr stands out more than this guy.
In my opinion, his mic skills are not bad and he has a good look for a heel. Dude only just turned 30. I think he will go from good to great in the next couple of years.

· Banned
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Where's Superstars on the poll? That's the best show WWE have at the moment due to lack of promos and much more match time.

Due to its absense I'm not voting.
I considered putting it in there but I feel Superstars is in the category of its own. It gets significantly less ratings, it airs matches from the 2 big shows, it's only 1 hour.

RAW and Smackdown! are more comparable with each other IMO.

· Registered
980 Posts
Neither. SmackDown used to be good but has become as terrible as RAW.

· Registered
3,391 Posts
On SmackDown they have a better main event title feud. The Corre and Alberto Del Rio going strong and the Promo of the year came on SmackDown, shockingly via Cody Rhodes. Apart from that not a lot has gone down. Match quality is always almost good on SmackDown.

Raw has beem ok, The Miz as been woeful as champion, the only feud that would have been worthwhile is against John Morrison but they blew their load on that one and went back to an Orton feud that no one wanted to see. Orton needs to be heel again because there a no heel' besides Sheamus that he has had a goo match with because he looks lost as face. The mid card has been poor, Daniel Bryan should be in matches not hanging with the Bella Whores. The CM Punk stuff was great and Cena has been good as usual.

SmackDown has probably been a better show but I still look forward to Raw more because it's live.

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,895 Posts
Not sure why, but, January 17 and January 31 Raws aside, I don't think there have been that many highlights on Raw this year so far. (Miz/Morrison from January 3 is up there.) Smackdown feels more consistent with the turning of the page into 2011.

I like Superstars a lot, too, though.

Right now, I'd say I would vote for Smackdown, but not by an overwhelming margin or anything.

· Registered
5,130 Posts
Smackdown. Most of my favorite talents are there (McIntyre, Rhodes, Kofi, Ziggler, Swagger, Barrett, etc), and the Smackdown creatives handle most of them well. Cody is currently developing a darker side of his character which is good for him, now maybe people can take him more seriously. Drew/Kelly angle is intriguing, Drew has been looking badass with this split personality thingy. Ziggler is getting main event push and putting stellar performance in the ring as usual. Barrett is a must-see superstar to me these days. Kofi and Swagger aren't doing much but at least they're getting tv time time and long matches every now and then. And etc etc.

Raw has totally misused Bryan and DiBiase so badly which kinda ruins my enjoyment of watching the show a bit, not to mention that Miz's reign as WWE champion has been very dull with constant Lawler's involvement. So yeah, Smackdown so far is my favorite show.

· Registered
5,028 Posts
Smackdown has been getting really good, but Raw is just a little better. Both shows are very good at the moment though.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.