Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Some of my favourite wrestlers are there and will sometimes even be entertaining. As Chip alluded to, the potential in almost every aspect of the company is an exciting prospect. Hopefully they reach that potential though

·
Premium Member
13,033 Posts
I like that all talent are given a character or a storyline of some sort; it makes all levels of AEW seem important, and not just the uppercard.

I like the transparency that AEW show around their actions, rather than hiding stuff.

I like that they are willing to take risks with their storylines - good or bad. It shows that that they are trying and one day they’ll hit their stride and find that classic storyline that will blow everyone’s minds.

i like that the overused tropes, including teddy long tag team matches and rematches after rematches are not used. If they need to do it, I hope they minimise the use of it. Keeps things fresh.

I like that they are not afraid of letting heels win matches. And when it comes to heels, they actually behave like heels.

I like their leniency around rules. It’s a bloody wrestling match ffs, let them fight.

·
Registered
8,035 Posts
They actually build their big feuds the right way for each PPV. Sure somethings can be a hit or miss but overall they always manage to make me really excited for the PPV. Haven't had that feeling in years and I love waking up and having a wrestling show to look forward to.

I really appreciate that after years of seeing WWE half-ass everything the entire year and only delivering at Manias. Even WM doesnt have that effect on me anymore tbh.

·
Registered
46 Posts
- The vocal fans (before pandemic) which can make even an average segment more appealing.

- The tag division which is evolving very nicely with a ton of depth. The FTR vs SCU match the other week was some of the most fun I've had watching wrestling in a while.

- The symbolic nods to WCW, a long gone organisation that made fatal mistakes but is sorely missed as the last 20 years have shown.

- The attempts to give lower carders some character, like the Sonny Kiss/Joey Janela things.

- Jericho's renaissance.

- The excellent core of young talent they have, which they must not misuse. MJF, Page, Sammy and so on could become some of the top stars in the business.

- Making me excited to watch a weekly wrestling show again for the first time since around 2001.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The fact that they give wrestlers who have no business wrestling on a major promotion a job just because they are friends. I wish my daddy would give me millions of dollars to piss away on something that I enjoyed growing up.

Oh you said something I like .....

Archer/Jake, Page, MJF, Britt, Lucha Bros, Sammy and FTR. The rest can pound sand at this point. Maybe someday I can add Tessa to my list of likes but why get my hopes up.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
The fact that they give wrestlers who have no business wrestling on a major promotion a job just because they are friends. I wish my daddy would give me millions of dollars to piss away on something that I enjoyed growing up.

Oh you said something I like .....

Archer/Jake, Page, MJF, Britt, Lucha Bros, Sammy and FTR. The rest can pound sand at this point. Maybe someday I can add Tessa to my list of likes but why get my hopes up.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I really enjoy the hype videos called the road to it really gets me looking forward to the events.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
I enjoy the “Road To...” videos.

Sammy Guevara, Hangman, MJF, Wardlow, how Lance Archer was initially built, Jungle Boy, etc.

What AEW offers me, personally, that I don’t think can be replicated elsewhere is the in-ring action. Whether it is Cody vs Jericho, Moxley vs Omega, Jungle Boy vs MJF, Rey Fenix vs Nick Jackson, Omega and Pac, Page vs Pac, or whoever, AEW offers some of the best matches I’ve ever seen in the States on weekly television.

And on this note, what I most look forward to is if they can make Omega as big as he was in NJPW. I’m an Omega guy obviously, but in Kenny, you have someone that can offer US audiences a match quality that they have not seen in ages (assuming he can still put that together on a regular basis and not just twice a year).

And on the note of future bookings, one can easily see the entire chess board and potential moves that could be made. Omega as Final Boss where you earn the right to have the best match of your life. Hangman Page taking the belt off him. MJF‘s title reign that, assuming Jungle Boy adds weight, will lead to some great matchups.

The potential of this roster is through the roof.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I pretty much love everything about AEW. I love the roster. I love the matches. I love the Elite. I love the young talent. I love most of the women. I love the announce team. I love Aubrey Edwards and Rick Knox. I love Being the Elite. I love Dark. I love the tag division.

I even love that “Dynamite” is on Wednesday. (I didn’t at first.) In these stay-at-home times, Dynamite has become the perfect mid-week event that I can look forward to.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I'm a huge shawn spears fan now he is a great heel.

Allie is my favorite female wrestler.

·
Registered
15,643 Posts
The vignettes and montages, when they bother doing them. Very well done stuff.

They use the the Legends correctly

Mic work being a bit more off the cuff (for better or worse)

·
Registered
521 Posts
It doesn't feel like a slog to get through. 9 times out of 10 I'm entertained. The shit I hate isn't forced down my throat. It's still there but they mitigate it with entertaining elements like wrapping cheese around a dogs medicine. That they actually care about the future of wrestling by highlighting their prospects like griff, Lee Johnson etc instead of squashing them like WWE does

·
Registered
9,001 Posts
I like that they’ve given a platform to MJF. They’ve also made me appreciate and seek out more classic wrestling. I’ve been on a Ric Flair kick this week. Seems like a wild swing, but I think it’ll be Manami Toyota next. I also appreciate that they are proving things I’ve felt/known about pro-wrestling right. That seems tongue in cheek, but it will serve as a template to the next billionaire that comes along. Hopefully.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts