Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What about AEW do you like?What is your favorite part of AEW?State here what you think AEW has done right and what you're favorite parts are.

Personally I like how they have handled the TNT Title having cody as champ was a great idea he works well with all styles of competitor.

I like the production values it feels like big time but somehow still intimate.

The commentary team is the best in wrestling right now I only prefer JR and King but mostly nostalgia dictates that.

I like the majority of the comedy spots they entertain me alot I know comedy is subjective but I love it.

I like the overall quality of wrestling aside from guys like Luthor,brandon Cutler,Peter Avalon,and marko stunt the performers are top notch great athletes.

·
Registered
260 Posts
What about AEW do you like?What is your favorite part of AEW?State here what you think AEW has done right and what you're favorite parts are.

Personally I like how they have handled the TNT Title having cody as champ was a great idea he works well with all styles of competitor.

I like the production values it feels like big time but somehow still intimate.

The commentary team is the best in wrestling right now I only prefer JR and King but mostly nostalgia dictates that.

I like the majority of the comedy spots they entertain me alot I know comedy is subjective but I love it.

I like the overall quality of wrestling aside from guys like Luthor,brandon Cutler,Peter Avalon,and marko stunt the performers are top notch great athletes.
A positive AEW thread?? This should go over well LMFAO.

I like almost all of the intro music of the athletes well composed and matches well with characters.

I really enjoyed the cody vs wardlow cage match that moonsault was fucking epic.

I enjoyed the stadium stampede match I hadn't laughed that hard in quite a while.

Believe it or not I'm enjoying the progression of the dark order.

Luthor is now my favorite wrestler sheerly for calling marko stunt a little slut.

Jericho character reinvention has been awesome to watch.

Tag team wrestling has been very good I cant think of a team I dont enjoy watching.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fun tag matches

OC

Joey Janela

Dope vignettes

Occasional blood

Excalibur

Vance Archer

The Best Friends

Darby
Darby is fun to watch for sure his finisher is crazy hahaha

Joey janela and sonny kiss are a good tag man.i was very surprised how well they work together.I wasnt a fan of either individually but they've grown on me now.

·
Registered
305 Posts
What I like are particular talents like Page, Allin, MJF, new guys like Cage, the beauty of Penelope, Ricky Stark, FTR, and a few others.

It's hard to judge or appreciate any wrestling product as a whole right now cause of the pandemic. It's not really wrestling until the fans come back. That is why I'm ready to let AEW time until the fans comeback. A guy like Cody for instance has been really amputed without he fans. Like his dad, he feeds off them. Same with Mox. I really miss how fans were reacting to Page and Allin. These two guys are stars-in-the-making but they need the fans to returrn.

·
Justice 4 Asuka
1,469 Posts
It's hard to pinpoint one thing. Here's a few things I like.

Shida - She's really turned into my favourite female wrestler outside Asuka. It's great watching her grow in AEW. The best part of the women's division by a mile and along with Britt has carried it on her back during this pandemic.

Omega - He gets criticised for some of the goofy shit he does with Nakazawa and rightly so, but he's also been involved in some of the best matches in 2020. The Iron man match with PAC was great and the tag match against the Bucks at Revolution was my favourite tag team match in years.

Stadium stampede I thought was awesome. I loved it.

I like how they're utilising their legends like Arn, Tully, Jake etc to put over guys like Spears and Archer.

Watching the development and rise of guys like MJF, Page, Allin, Sammy, Jungle Boy and Wardlow. Hopefully this continues. These guys will be the backbone of the company on a few years if they play things right.

Every PPV AEW have had I've felt I've had my moneys worth.

Tag team division is the best in the world. FTR, Bucks, Lucha Bros, SCU, Jurassic Express, Santana/Ortiz, Private Party, Best friends and Omega/Page. Holy shit what a loaded division. Hopefully before the inevitable Omega/Page split we can get a rematch with the Bucks and a match with FTR. I would be a shame if we didn't.

·
Registered
172 Posts
The matches - I like that they put on some ppv quality matches each week

The tag team division - they have some great tag teams.

Brian Cage - my favorite wrestler in AEW

More edgy - little more mature with their language and blood then WWE. I like that.

Their ppvs - they have all been great in my opinion. Not one single mediocre show yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I like how in a short time they have managed to make their main title feel somewhat prestigious.

They have managed to put some great matches together,although spotfest I still enjoyed them.probably had something to do with the crowd involvement (revolution tag title match)

And believe it or not I like Dark 😂 i enjoy watching all the jobbers I don’t know anything about.i like some of the crappy and goofy gimmicks I’ve seen there 🤗

I guess the main thing I like is that it has brought me back to watching wrestling 🤼‍♀️ although not a perfect product I still like watching it,and have enjoyed so far getting to know wrestlers id never seen before

·
Registered
260 Posts
How is that not positive? They have a large amount of future stars, current stars, good production and a show with plenty of potential to succeed. Sounds plenty positive to me.
This post is much better

Your first comes off kinda pessimistic but tbh I was kinda just dicking with you.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I usually wait for the episode to be over so I can skim through it, so I'll just mention what I usually stop to watch.

Omega/Page - Mostly for Hangman. If you told me that a year ago I would have been so confused, but his character work has won me over. I just wish they'd return to the bucks angle, because I wanted to know where they were going with that. And if a story can make me want to watch the bucks, then I know it's engaging. I'm also anxiously waiting for Omega to turn heel, so I can be invested in him again.

The women's division - So many people talk shit about it, and there's issues, but I quite like watching things grow from nothing. Watching Britt Baker go from awkward talker with no character to one of the best things about the brand is cool as hell. Plus I just root for the women to succeed and better themselves.

Moxley - Because he feels like a bona fide main eventer and his promos are usually high quality.

The Inner Circle - They usually entertain me. The only time I think I've skipped their stuff was during the Hardy angle.

Jake Roberts/Archer - I like this duo, I just wish they were doing something with them.

Other random things I enjoy: the commentary team is pretty solid, Tony Schiavone, the arena being kind of outside giving it a summer feel, that they seem to enjoy a slow burn feud, and also that I can't automatically guess who is winning a feud right off the bat (I'm usually right, but it's not as obvious as wwe).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Tuned in as an alternative to Impact or WWE
I'm one of the many long term fans who walked away from wrestling due to it being dire but retained an interest

Ive said elsewhere I find AEW like WCW in its floundering years (late 93, 1995) lots of talent but still expect a Shockmaster to come crashing through a wall

production is good and the announce team you cant go wrong with

Knew some of the Wrestlers but was introduced to some great new ones and plenty of potential also

Tag team division getting stronger and stronger

A Wrestling show packed with Wrestling matches, WWE take note

1 - 20 of 60 Posts