Wrestling Forum banner

Favorite Wrestling Era?

• Pre-Golden Era (Anything before the 1980s)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The PG Era (2008-2011)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Not as much as you...BROTHER!
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thanks to the launch of the WWE Network about a year ago, we can now relive every era in the WWE's history. So this begs the question: which era do you think was the best?

PS, I know there's a lot of debate whether or not the "Reality Era" is its actual own era or just an extension of the PG era, so I just included it anyway.

Being 28 years old, I grew up with the end of the Golden Era, the New Generation, and Attitude eras.

The Attitude era was easily my favorite, as that was during my teen years. 3 of my top 5 favorite wrestlers come from that era (Stone Cold, The Rock, and Goldberg). Austin vs McMahon IMO is the greatest feud of all time. Re-watching the Attitude era now, I appreciate the Austin/McMahon feud from a completely different perspective now, since I can relate to wanting to give the middle finger to a few of my past bosses.

WrestleMania XX was the last event I watched prior to WM XXX, as my interest in WWE was dwindling since the failed Invasion angle. I'm trying to get into this current PG/Reality era, but it's very different than what I grew up with.

·
Banned
3,278 Posts
Re: What's your Favorite Era in Wrestling?

ROH 2004-2009.

Best wrestling ever.
What about the storylines?

EDIT: Oh now it's changed to "WWE history". Then I'd say RA.
The Attitude Era had better Wrestling, Storylines and Characters than the Ruthless Aggression Era.

All the Ruthless Aggression era had was more blood, cursing, and etc, which doesn't add to the product.

My favorite era is a cross between The Attitude/Rock era from 1998-2001 & the Daniel Bryan & Shield era of September 2012-June 2014.

·
Not as much as you...BROTHER!
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

The Attitude Era had better Wrestling, Storylines and Characters than the Ruthless Aggression Era.

All the Ruthless Aggression era had was more blood, cursing, and etc, which doesn't add to the product.

My favorite era is a cross between The Attitude/Rock era from 1998-2001 & the Daniel Bryan & Shield era of September 2012-June 2014.
I missed most of the RE era, but everything I've read said it had much better wrestling, Smackdown in particular. When anyone usually detracts from the Attitude era, it's usually aimed at the quality of wrestling.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
New Generation for me, with the Golden Era a close second

·
Distant Relative of Former Def Jam Intern/Presiden
16,715 Posts
New Generation, for these guys (though, I wasn't a Bret fan until after his retirement):

·
The NEW
13,467 Posts

ROH had some great storylines/feuds during that time too. The whole CZW/ROH thing is one of the best storylines ever.

·
Banned
3,278 Posts

I missed most of the RE era, but everything I've read said it had much better wrestling, Smackdown in particular. When anyone usually detracts from the Attitude era, it's usually aimed at the quality of wrestling.
Smackdown was better from 1999-2001, better in ring wrestling and all.

·
Banned
3,278 Posts

ROH had some great storylines/feuds during that time too. The whole CZW/ROH thing is one of the best storylines ever.
Did it have better storylines than WWE in the attitude era and from 2013-2014? if not, then it's not a better era.

Attitude/Rock era was better than the Ruthless Aggression era even in terms of In Ring Product, same with Daniel Bryan & Shield era from 2013-2014, way better than the Ruthless Aggression era by far in every way.

·
Currently booking tonight’s card...
HBK ⚜️ SAINTS ⚜️ CSRO
2,736 Posts
The Attitude Era...just for the 1999 RAW's. Some of story lines that poured out of that year were great. The Austin CEO stuff that happened in that Summer was some of RAW's best moments ever. Whenever I look back at different matches I still cannot believe how exciting everything still feels.

·
Ελευθερί&#
4,170 Posts
I'd say the Attitude Era. Although, I do think that a lot of people do somewhat exaggerate how awesome it was.

·
<3's Drizzy
7,947 Posts
AE for me. Crowd, commentary, PPV's, promo's, weekly shows, everything feels on point when I go and look back at it, even putting nostalgia aside. Mostly enjoy the year 2000 though, a lot of these eras have huge weak points and shitty years.

Ruthless Agression I find so overrated. 2002 was great, but mostly Smackdown tbh. By 2004 I thought the whole product was pretty terrible, with a few truly awful PPV's, lots of horrible throwaway tag teams. Ring work was good, when they wanted it to be, but a lot of total shit as well. Scott Steiner headlining PPV's haunts me. Plus for all the people who say the Attitude Era had stupid shit like Mae Young giving birth to a hand and all that stuff, Ruthless Agression gave us Vito in a dress and Triple H nailing a dead corpse. It had it's fair share of utter shite as well.

I feel like it's all too broad. Early Attitude Era is edgy and cool and not so much focused on wrestling, but by 2000-2001 the wrestling is much improved and is without as much smut. Feels almost like a different era. Same as Ruthless Agression in 2002 starts with the Smackdown Six and fresh breakout stars and amazing Heyman booking, but eventually boils down to Super Cena and just gradually gets worse. Again, doesn't feel like the same era.

Mostly I just like 2000-2002 I guess. Mixture of AE and very early Ruthless Agression.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts