Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Take the classic "you're stuck on a desert island and can only take one _____ with you" scenario and apply it to WWF/E matches. For the rest of your glorious existence, when you want to watch wrestling, you only have this match at your fingertips. Which would you take with you and why? Again, this isn't about the greatest match ever - it's about the one that you love the most.

As obvious as this answer is, I can't avoid the inevitable.

To me, it's the perfect match. Incredible character development, great wrestling, brutal violence, a hot crowd, two of the very best ever at their performative peaks, the greatest double-turn in wrestling history, one of the most iconic images in wrestling history, and the rare match that left both guys looking 100X stronger than when they entered. Even frickin' Ken Shamrock emerged looking great. Perfection. I could watch it a thousand times.

·
Used to be a Dreamer, Dreamin' of a Fire
6,144 Posts

Young Bucks vs Golden Lovers, Strong Style Evolved. The decade long history between Omega/Ibushi combined with the Bullet Club Civil War storyline makes this the most intricate and built up wrestling story in many, many years. This bordered on being overbooked, walked right up to that edge. Which makes it perfect a desert island, imma need variety

·
Banned
11,533 Posts
What's your "desert island" match?

I'll even include guiles theme while you are watching this gif, for obvious purposes.

Haha I had this first but it was for other reasons then the match. It was the build, etc. That crowd in my opinion is the hottest crowd of all time. Gives me chills every time I watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I'm going with Edge and Eddie's No DQ match from Smackdown in 2002. There were no titles on the line but it was for pride and both guys went to war. The fact that this was for free on Smackdown is crazy as neither man phoned it in.

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
Probably the 1992 Royal Rumble. I think it's a great match. Given its length and amount of competitors, it would take a lot of time to really break it down and get bored of all of it.
Gonna have to go with this too, sensible choice for a desert island scenario. Royal Rumbles offer the most length and variation, and 92 is arguably the best of the bunch.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
any of these

1. taker vs shawn WM 25
2. angle vs shane KOTR 2001
3. rey / edge vs benoit / angle no mercy 2002
4. Angle vs shawn WM 21
5. team austin vs team bischoff survivor series 2003.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
The Hardcore Free for All at that one Wrestlemania, where Crash lost the title by accident. :HA Was still a FANTASTIC car crash, and everything I LOVE about Multi Man Matches regardless!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
HBK vs HHH SS 2002.

My favorite build up and match of all time between two of my all time favorite wrestlers. The whole thing was done perfectly and HBKs return was great, this is one of the feuds I revisit atleast once a year.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts