Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Noticed this a couple of months ago with Mark Henry, then Cody Rhodes, and then saw it on Big Show's new shirt. I think there is someone else that does, but I can't remember for sure.

Just curious why they're using sergeant stripes on their ring attire or merchandise.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Re: What's with WWE wrestlers and Sergeant. Stripes?

probably out of respect

·
Registered
1,345 Posts

Heh I've noticed that too, not sure what that's all about. I can understand Big Show using them given his WMD finisher but Rhodes? Henry? Maybe WWE doesn't have anything better to add to the shirts/ring gear so they just add stripes lol.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,325 Posts
I noted it two days ago. It isn't openly disrespectful but it is rude and could give people the wrong impressions.

Why do people have chevrons on their attire and merchandise if they never were sergeants in a military or police department? What is with that? Is Big Show a sergeant now or something? I don't get it. It isn't factually correct nor does it have anything to do with his character, which is Smiling Cunt That Devalues The Future Of The Business.

Mark Henry does the same shit and I don't like it when he does it, either. I'm not just dogging Big Show.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts

I figured something like that. I just wonder why specifically that rank. Why no corporals, privates, lieutenants, etc?
good point

·
Premium Member
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I noted it two days ago. It isn't openly disrespectful but it is rude and could give people the wrong impressions.
Yeah it's like when someone wears law enforcement attire, but their not a cop. I get wanting to show support, but it can be misinterpreted and some people wear it to give the impression they're law enforcement when they're not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts