Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
6,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe there have been a topic like this, and if so, Im sorry.

But, whats up with the damn squash matches recently? Brodus Clay at EC and now Ryback at ER. They don´t belong there, they belong at Raw and Smackdown.

And about Ryback. Not that I dislike the guy itself, but what the helll wwe. Stop telling us that he is awsome. It feels a little like their telling us who is awsome and who is not, like we don´t know who is.

·
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
6,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WWE seem to have a squash match fetish but after a while they get so damn boring.
exactly. Its the same thing, just different opponents. The whole matches seems to be a copycat of the first match, they are pretty much at the same spots too.

·
copy of a copy of a
3,752 Posts
What's with them in general? Tiresome as fuck. Again shows how little WWE has evolved over the years. Ryback beats guys 1/3 of his size and it somehow proves he's a force to be reckoned with. LOGIC.

Can't wait for Damien Sandow's 7-week squashatron. The excitement!

·
Registered
928 Posts
They're meant to bring the audience down. Ideally they give audience members time to relax and calm down after seeing an epic PPV match so that the crowd isn't so worn by the end of the PPV they fail to react to the main event.

·
Registered
604 Posts
They use nothing jobber matches as a way to buffer the big matches and give the audience a chance to recuperate. I imagine the reason they had numerous squashes in these matches on the PPV was because they wanted to give alot of time to their main guys, Orton, Bryan, Punk & Jericho and Cena & Lesnar. Personally, I thought this PPV was well booked and executed in all the main matches, except the finish with Cena & Lesnar.

·
Registered
148 Posts
^ and ^^

They help calm the crowd down, and also fill up time.

If only wwe had a decent midcard, they could have decent matches to fill up time.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
its just filler, think of dragonball z vs dragonball kai, Z was an evolution of the characters while Kai just took them bits out and you wonder if its a monster or a friendly guy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts