Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seriously ?

Air Boom and awesome truth are two of the worst tag team names i've ever heard.

seriously, they could have gone with Altitude era, because thats a play off the attitiude era name and its actually funny, im suprised i haven't seen a single person raise an issue with how bad these names are.

why do tag team names suck now ?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Yeah, like the Hardy Boyzz was any better:no:

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
Air Boom is fine. It's catchy and described the team very clearly as a happy, go lucky babyface team the majority of casuals and kids can rally behind.

I would prefer Truly Awesome but Awesome Truth is fine as well.

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Air Boom is fine. It's catchy and described the team very clearly as a happy, go lucky babyface team the majority of casuals and kids can rally behind.

I would prefer Truly Awesome but Awesome Truth is fine as well.
i like that.

Truly awesome.

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Everything's subjective. I think Air Boom is passable and Awesome Truth and Jeri-Show are good names. Stop acting like your opinion represents everyone's.
Like i said in the OP, in no way do i think my opinion represents everyone's, as i said im like the only one who has this opinion.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Lol. The worst?

You've obviously never heard of 'Two dudes with attitude' (Shawn Michaels and Diesel), 'Men on a Mission' (Mabel and Mo), 'The Rock'n'Sock Connection' (Mankind and the Rock) etc

I could go on.

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i forgot the dudebusters and the dashing chosen ones lol.

·
Banned
8,766 Posts
i like that.

Truly awesome.
I don't.

Truly Awesome does not sound like the name of a TAG-TEAM. It sounds like a part of a sentence(this is a truly awesome moment; that woman was truly awesome in bed; etc. ).

The Awesome Truth has a much better sound to it, IMO.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
seriously ?

Air Boom and awesome truth are two of the worst tag team names i've ever heard.

seriously, they could have gone with Altitude era, because thats a play off the attitiude era name and its actually funny, im suprised i haven't seen a single person raise an issue with how bad these names are.

why do tag team names suck now ?
What's wrong with Airboom? It mixes bournes airbourne with kofis boom. Would you prefer Evan Bourne and Kofi Kingston as the team name instead? Or would names like Union,Job Squad be better?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Otunga and McGuility. Sounds like a law firm more than a tag team (Ironic considering Otunga's background as a legal eagle)

Awesome Truth is a good name. Air Boom is stupid. Sounds like some sort of lethal fart or something.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Air-Boom should change be more bad ass and call them selves "The Bombers"

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm just glad they've got some tag teams to give names to, in all honesty. If they keep Otungacunty together then we've got four, which is more than we've had in a long time. Of course, they'll more than likely split one or more of them by the end of this month, but it's nice while it lasts.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I agree OP, I fpalmed when I first heard the name. I mean "Air Boom" sounds like something a mentally challenged person says to describe fireworks.... Air Paradise is a lot less cringe worthy but not lame enough to be kid friendly. Awesome Truth isn't so bad but it lacks originality. I wish they'd get off the "Hey let's take two words relevant to each wrestler and produce a completely uninspired tag team name" mentality. Let's be daring and treat these teams like they might actually matter in the history books. No one will be talking about Air freakin' Boom in 10, 20 years.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts