Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why are people so afraid to directly reply to others on here? How many times now I read through threads, to have the first few people sharing their opinions, to then reading posts that aren't actually mentioning the first few people who posted, yet still replying to what they said. Does everyone want to share their opinion so badly, but are too scared to actually have that shit checked? Is it because older wrestling fans are used to growing up without the internet, so they're used to just spewing their dumbass comments at their friends who don't challenge them. Or do we just keep getting more sensitive, and pussified as a society. A few times, I've seen people replying to shit I've said, but didn't even actually bother to @ me, I've just only luckily seen it because someone else quoted me, and I caught up on the thread.

All you people who love to talk shit without actually directly replying, are little bitches. Getting bored of seeing threads with people debating, without actually directing it at each other. Shit, well, at least you guys aren't as much of a sensitive puss as @Garty who talks shit, and puts people on ignore when they respond.

·
Premium Member
15,037 Posts
There's certainly reasons for it, as I've done it myself.

Certain topics prompt me to say more than I usually do. And I don't know if it's because of short attention spans or poor comprehension but it quickly turns into the person I'm addressing responding directly to me, while not addressing anything I said. Sometimes, they'll respond by addressing something I didn't even say.

So, more times than I can remember, I'll respond to that person by either no longer quoting them or conceding in the most condescending way possible. However, I make it clear in my response why I'm not quoting them anymore and finish by summarizing everything I previously said and move on.

Most conversations I'm in, I'm not motivated by being right or wrong but rather discussing things as objective as possible, supported by information that appears to be either factual or logical. Often times, I'll contradict myself and argue both sides simply because facts. But, not everyone operates that way. Once I realize your involvement in this conversation is to prove I'm wrong and you're right, I'll give you that but I won't give you another minute of my time.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There's certainly reasons for it, as I've done it myself.

Certain topics prompt me to say more than I usually do. And I don't know if it's because of short attention spans or poor comprehension but it quickly turns into the person I'm addressing responding directly to me, while not addressing anything I said. Sometimes, they'll respond by addressing something I didn't even say.

So, more times than I can remember, I'll respond to that person by either no longer quoting them or conceding in the most condescending way possible. However, I make it clear in my response why I'm not quoting them anymore and finish by summarizing everything I previously said and move on.

Most conversations I'm in, I'm not motivated by being right or wrong but rather discussing things as objective as possible, supported by information that appears to be either factual or logical. Often times, I'll contradict myself and argue both sides simply because facts. But, not everyone operates that way. Once I realize your involvement in this conversation is to prove I'm wrong and you're right, I'll give you that but I won't give you another minute of my time.
Yeah you gotta love those people with their strawmen.

Instead of your case, I meant mostly the snarky assholes. Where you see a thread with someone saying "oh I think this", then after that you get people who aren't even directing it at them, but then say "anyone who thinks that is a fucking RETARD". Like, if you wanna shit talk someone, at least have the balls to tag them in it so they can reply to you.

·
Premium Member
17,260 Posts
Why are people so afraid to directly reply to others on here? How many times now I read through threads, to have the first few people sharing their opinions, to then reading posts that aren't actually mentioning the first few people who posted, yet still replying to what they said. Does everyone want to share their opinion so badly, but are too scared to actually have that shit checked? Is it because older wrestling fans are used to growing up without the internet, so they're used to just spewing their dumbass comments at their friends who don't challenge them. Or do we just keep getting more sensitive, and pussified as a society. A few times, I've seen people replying to shit I've said, but didn't even actually bother to @ me, I've just only luckily seen it because someone else quoted me, and I caught up on the thread.

All you people who love to talk shit without actually directly replying, are little bitches. Getting bored of seeing threads with people debating, without actually directing it at each other. Shit, well, at least you guys aren't as much of a sensitive puss as @Garty who talks shit, and puts people on ignore when they respond.
I'll laugh and mock idiots and then never follow-up if they counter, but I quote them so they know. This is a playground where you can let off steam on terrible WWE angles. I don't necessarily debate wrestling as much as I just want to complain why so-and-so is beating so-and-so.

It's a wrestling forum. For almost 10 years I've found half the users claim they have anxiety when answering the phone. I don't see how they could muster up the courage to quote someone.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Peoples attitudes and arrogance can be annoying to respond to here and elsewhere, but I tend to see people responding to others and not quoting them. Like don't be afraid to have an argument about wrestling and get shit on for it.

·
Registered
7,865 Posts
Just remember it's a forum about fake fighting, then you don't take it as seriously.

Fake phony fighting.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I'll laugh and mock idiots and then never follow-up if they counter, but I quote them so they know. This is a playground where you can let off steam on terrible WWE angles. I don't necessarily debate wrestling as much as I just want to complain why so-and-so is beating so-and-so.

It's a wrestling forum. For almost 10 years I've found half the users claim they have anxiety when answering the phone. I don't see how they could muster up the courage to quote someone.
Speaking of quoting like how you got @MoxAsylum quote still in your sig. That shit was pretty funny

·
Registered
Trust in Christ
90 Posts

I bet you thought this was going to be your "pipebomb moment" when you posted this. 😂

I can smell your pussy from here @Seth Grimes

·
Registered
Trust in Christ
90 Posts
Yawn, try again
All that talk about cowardice and people being afraid to tag you in a post, and when someone does, this is what you come back with? How disappointing. Now I know how your parents must have felt when you were born.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All that talk about cowardice and people being afraid to tag you in a post, and when someone does, this is what you come back with? How disappointing. Now I know how your parents must have felt when you were born.
If you had any reading comprehension, you'd see I wasn't talking specifically about people tagging me. I'm just not gonna waste my time on someone who wants an argument for arguments sake. Ad hom is just not worth replying to. Try again, bud.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts