Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brodus Clay, Tensai, Ryback, Antonio Cesaro.All of a sudden 4 big guys debut and they all have squash matches...are they trying to change the scene a little bit since most of the active roster is formed from small~mid sized guys?!

Reactions: -Extra-

·
Registered
640 Posts
It sure looks like it, but Ryback needs to at least face people like yoshi tatsu. Not these jobbers that aren't even on the main roster.

·
Banned
3,223 Posts
remember back in the days when a guy like cesaro was just a medium sized guy? now we are making threads about him being a big guy. the landscape of the wwe has been drastically changed.

·
Buried SCOTT STEINER
6,532 Posts
Cesaro is about 235 pounds. In the Ruthless Agression Era or maybe even the Attitude Era, he would be mid-sized, or maybe even a lightweight compared to most guys on the roster.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Brodus,Tensai,Ryback aren't really debuts, more like returns.

But don't see how something like 235 pounds doesn't seem big. Especially with UFC being so big now too, look at most of their weight divisions, I think only 1 of them actually exceeds 220 pounds! To WWE, under 220 is crusierweight(or at least used to be), to the rest of the world, under 220 is basically normal.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Brodus, Tensai and Ryback are all pretty different in terms of style though, so I don't really see the problem. Cesaro isn't really big (by WWE standards), he's pretty much on par with the average main eventer in terms of size.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
Next week Sandow debuts so finally a good debut.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
History is repeating itself. The 80's is coming back everywhere so wrestling is moving with the times,

Maybe anyway

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
I think it's pretty obvious we had an unbalanced roster. Seeing as (re)debuts often happen around this time, it's no suprise to have the majority of them seeming like bigger guys as that's what we needed more of. It's been said of Vince that he often over-corrects way too much either way, that could be the case here for both going 'too small' and now 'too big' if you could call it that.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually Cesaro can be counted as a big sized guy compared to most guys currently on roster.Ziggler, Christian, CM Punk, Cody, Kofi, etc....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Brodus,Tensai,Ryback aren't really debuts, more like returns.

But don't see how something like 235 pounds doesn't seem big. Especially with UFC being so big now too, look at most of their weight divisions, I think only 1 of them actually exceeds 220 pounds! To WWE, under 220 is crusierweight(or at least used to be), to the rest of the world, under 220 is basically normal.
In fairness a lot of the guys in the UFC heavyweight division are slimming down.

Look at when Lesnar was demolished and absolutely humiliated by a guy 30lbs lighter than him. Junior Dos Santos is only about 235 as well.

Having said that, I am 240 and to the normal population I am considered huge, all be it more towards the Brodus than the Cesaro build :)

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
WWE developmental has always placed an emphasis an shepherding a bunch of incredibly big guys through the system.

I have noticed this since Wrestlemania, though. Between Lesnar's return, A-Train's re-debut as Lord Tensai, and Skip's re-debut as Ryback, WWE's feeling an infusion of a monster virus, ha.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts