Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
A stanning today 💋
9,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There's no doubt that a BUNCH of people hate the sight of Alicia, and I honestly don't get the hate. I don't get how people can say she is terrible in the ring?? Actually, she is one of the better in-ring workers in the divas division. Yes, I said it. She's had solid matches with the like of Melina, Gail Kim, Naomi, among others. Saying that she "botches every move" is a bit of an overstatement. Granted, she often does oversell a bit. On the mic.... meh not really her forte. But I think she has potential.

I'll admit, I used to think she was terrible. But tbh, she isn't that bad. There are are a hell of a lot more divas I can think of where are worse than her. Thoughts??

·
It All Ends.
1,028 Posts
I agree. When Alicia first moved over to RAW, I saw massive potential in her - and, granted, she hasn't improved as much as I thought she would, but she's still pretty young. She's streets ahead of some of the Divas, in terms of her in-ring work; and while she overacts, heel Divas are hardly the most naturalistic characters in the world, anyway.

She's not amazing, but by Diva standards today, she's hardly terrible.

·
Registered
99 Posts
She's just a generic bitchy heel diva that has no redeeming qualities. She's not particularly attractive, sucks on the mic and her ring skills aren't anything special. Maybe there are other divas worse than her, but none really come to mind...

That said, I haven't really seen much Alicia Fox hate. Probably because people just don't care about her.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
i don't really care what divas standards are today, she still sucks. just because other divas suck more doesn't make her suck less.

on the mic, she's extremely uncomfortable and comes off totally fake. she has NO attitude whatsoever, yet tries to act like she does and its noticeable.

as for the ring, obviously she doesn't botch every move, i don't see the point of bringing up an exaggeration, thats something you say when someone botches a lot. and she does. i've seen her now on a handful of occasions barely hit that finisher of hers.

i won't even get into her looks, because she basically looks like a twig i found in my backyard yesterday, but i guess you could add that in too.

·
Premium Member
44,329 Posts
I don't like her because I'm afraid she's going to kill somebody. I watched a match she had with Gail and she almost dropped Gail on her head, and from what I've seen, this is not an uncommon occurrence with her. She's just a sloppy & potentially unsafe worker.

·
Really too good to wrestle in front of all you pri
1,660 Posts
I don't like her because I'm afraid she's going to kill somebody. I watched a match she had with Gail and she almost dropped Gail on her head, and from what I've seen, this is not an uncommon occurrence with her. She's just a sloppy & potentially unsafe worker.

This pretty much.

Plus she just screams genericism, there's nothing unique about her. She's just another bitchy heel who probably isn't going to be around in two years time.

Plus, and I don't really care if you're gonna bitch about it, she's ugly and stick thin, she makes Michelle McCool look like Susan Boyle. She doesn't look healthy. Plus what the hell is up with the shape of her head?

·
When we all fall alseep where do we go?
23,631 Posts
Foxy happens to be my favorite diva (Since Jillian is leaving) and she has a great future ahead of her for sure. She is alot better than most of the other divas and still has alot of time to improve her skills.

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
She plays the generic bitchy black heel... She struts to the ring like an ostrich in a skirt... Her moveset is crap and her finisher is seriously gonna injure someone, one of these days. She has not one redeeming feature, that makes me think she's cool.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
She's okay. There's nothing special about her though. But she's still better than some other divas.

·
Harley's Circus
2,564 Posts
Shes better than Natalya in just about every possible facet of the business besides wrestling and even then shes right behind her in that regard as well.
The only reason people hate on her is because the WWE has been shitting on the division for so long everyone has developed crap taste imo.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
I miss Molly Holly.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
I agree with this. Well, I don't exactly dislike her as such but I cringe everytime she's in ring becayse she looks pretty dangerous. I'm not sure if the scissors kick is good or not though...

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
Shes better than Natalya in just about every possible facet of the business besides wrestling and even then shes right behind her in that regard as well.
The only reason people hate on her is because the WWE has been shitting on the division for so long everyone has developed crap taste imo.
No, the fact that WWE shits on the division as much as it does should mean that we stuggle to tell the difference between fucking useless (Kelly Kelly and Rosa Mendes) and meremy bad (Layla and Eve Torres). The fact that we still hate on Alicia shows how bad she really is.

BTW, I watch Shimmer so I have a pretty ood idea of how good women's wrestling can be when done properly.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
She had potential but she cut that really awful "undefined" promo (Killing all credibility within the IWC, for starters) not to mention that she is a bit sloppy in the ring. At least she's got personality though, and she's better than KK or Rosa Mendes.

Oh guess what? Her sister's in FCW now.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
What 3:16 said:
Oh guess what? Her sister's in FCW now.

:hmm: lets just hope she doesn't have an outtie too

I also forgot ,

4.When Alicia Fox cuts promos its like nails screeching on a chalkboard so to speak :no:

·
Banned
542 Posts
^ Alicia Fox > then Natalya :no:

But i was happy to see that the WWE put the Divas title on her its just the company didnt do anything important with her during or after the title run. Mic skill wise better then most Divas In ring wise needs some work though.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
She's a talented girl. She's not developing any slower than other good Divas in history (Trish Stratus for one)...She's only been around for a little less than 2 years and she's got real good matches under her belt (With Melina and Gail Kim). She goofed on the mic which isn't helping matters, but on the mic is better than a decent amount of Divas. She's young, she'll only get better with age, and she's cute.

This whole 'her hair is ugly' meme is venturing into racist territory, though. Let me guess...you think she looks 'better' with her hair straight? :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts