Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just something I'm pondering,

I'm Watching the HIAC between HHH and Kevin Nash from Bad Blood 2003. It looks like I have it on slow motion. It's like "plod plod plod move, plod plod plod, sledgehammer, plod plod plod, weapon, plod plod plod, socko, plod plod plod plod plod bloody plod.

The only two bits i remember being really cool were the Barbed Wire 2x4 in the ring post

It proved that while HHH can generally have a great match with anyone, he just can't have one with Kevin Nash. I know Nash was well past his best but he really didn't look like he'd ever been in a wrestling ring.

It proved that everyone getting coated in blood doesn't mean that a match will be good (and I love blood in a match)

It proved that Foley was better wrestling than reffing.

Anyway, i think it's one of the most disappointing main events ever. So what are yours?

We should probably say main events that lasted more than 3 minutes, to avoid any of those WCW main events that were Russo'd,

·
Banned
7,681 Posts
The Miz Vs John Cena - WM 27.

It was so bad. Miz shouldn't be main eventing Mania. Cena hardly helped either.

Just awful.

Also their Over the limit main event match was pretty bad as well.

Cena took a beating for 30 minutes, I mean Miz and Riley threw everything at him. Beat the shit outta him. Then within 30 secs, Cena no sold the beat down and made him tap. Awful.

·
Banned
1,678 Posts
Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan - WM 28

18 Seconds and a boring champion made?

Reactions: Jaksonian224

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Cena-Khali? 2006-2007 really sucked for WWE.

ONS main event.....PINFALLS COUNT ANYWHERE!

lol. That event prob got rid of all the ECW fans. From McMahon as ECW champ to ECW stars getting 2nd shortest match of the night(next to divas match) to of course that main event.

·
Registered
140 Posts
For me the worst PPV main event I have seen was at Wrestlemania XI - Lawrence Taylor vs Bam Bam Bigelow. How does Bam Bam main event at WM? I just hated this match.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
John Cena vs The Great Khali - Judgement Day 2007

A boring Super-Cena match. Lasts 10 minutes and for 8 minutes, Khali keeps squashing Cena around, then suddenly Cena makes a quick comeback with a dropkick on the steel steps. He does one more move and as Khali lays on the ground, he puts on the STFU for 1 minute until he taps. Yawn.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
Henry/Taker - Unforgiven '07
HHH/Nash - Bad Blood '03
Miz/Cena - WM 27
DX/Spirit Squad - Vengeance '06

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Miz vs. Cena at 'Mania 27. Horrible match with no effort put whatsoever. Miz main-eventing 'Mania, really? Some people even called this match the "Rock vs. Austin of 10 years later"? God no!

·
Employee Of The Month At Dale's Dead Bug
4,725 Posts
Cena vs Miz;OTL. Crap match with a crap ending. Having, Miz and Riley beat the crap outta Cena for 20 minutes and then have Cena re-charge in 20 seconds and win was bullshit. I really don't even know why the WWE books Cena in I Quit matches anymore. It's the same everytime. He gets his ass beat for 15-20 minutes and then powers up and makes the other guy quit in 20 seconds.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
There is only one real answer...two maybe but the Cena v Miz at OTL I quit match was not only the worst that year...I'd put it up there with some of the worst of all time, just nothing redeeming at all about it.

The other being trips v Orton at wm 25...months I perfect build for that...inexcusable...

One nobody has said is hogan vs sid at wm 8, fucking travesty considering flair and savage worked the title match mid way through the card.

This is only counting wwe/wwf, if I counted Wcw main events, I would say any Wcw main event from about 97 until its death...yep dubya see dubya's main event scene was that god awful...

·
BLACK MARKET SMILIES
5,431 Posts
Seeing as the question isn't company specific I'm really tempted to say TNA Victory Road 2011...

Anyway, there are a fair few candidates in the WWE. When considering expectations I'd have to choose Bret vs HBK iron man match at Mania XII, we could have had an enthralling back and forth encouter packed with near falls and a rapidly changing score board, but what we got was an hour long resthold fest with absolutely zero decisions (until sudden death), I find the match beyond tedious and struggle to ever make it through repeat viewings without kipping off, I only do this in an attempt to discover the 'brilliance' that some Bret and HBK marks rave on about.

Continuing with the theme of WrestleMania; Cena vs Miz at Mania XXVII. Wow, talk about underwhelming, I doubt that anybody would have been interested in this match without the Rock being involved in the build up. Choosing an incredibly weak looking chicken shit heel to face off against a passionately hated babyface is never a great idea, especially in your biggest main event of the year. Then there was the actual match. Fucking hell, talk about a cumbersome pile of wank. A massive sandbag here, a botched Miz bump there, Cena still won't sell and a double count outs really queer (points to those who know the tune). What is the wisdom in having such a lame false finish during a Mania main event? Oh shit, there's a pattern developing here...If you're going with such a lame feud, at least book the match to its' maximum potential.

Looking back at the attitude era, Breakdown IYH 98, Austin vs Undertaker vs Kane. The angle surrounding this feud was fantastic, Vince formed an unholy alliance in an attempt to take away the WWF title from Austin, just typical brilliant WWF tv of the time. Unfortunately, the match could not live up to the expectations set by McMahon, Russo and company; Kane and Undetaker sloooowllllly disected Austin for a good twenty minutes in a match lacking atmosphere and drama, a silly double pin finish ended the mediocrity, leading to the title becoming vacant. However, Vince's post match goading of Austin was absolutely hysterical and justified sitting through the bore of a main event.

There are loads more, the three above are just the first examples that came to my mind.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
Capital Punishment 2011 was the worst PPV of all time. "Barack Obama" was there, and Cena vs Truth main event was useless, worthless, and terrible. That PPV needs to be dismantled.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts