Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
I would probably say the Jeff Hardy situation earlier this year. The Angle DUIs go away over time and I think with Jeff they were embarrassed on a very public level and they allowed him to go out there in that state so I'd say Jeff Hardy

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
Tough one.

The Angle/Rhaka stuff was really weird.

Can't forget when Scott Hall no-showed a live PPV back in 2007.

Jeff Hardy situation is definitely up there.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Summer of 2009 is definitely there, with the Jeff Jarrett/Karen Angle incident and shortly after Angle arrested while being TNA WHC one day before Hard Justice (and he kept the belt at that ppv).

·
Registered
230 Posts
Noone mention Bubba and Kong?
It didn't really shake the company. Bubba had no reason to be there in the first place, his friendship with Hogan notwithstanding. The Jeff Jarrett/Karen Angle affair almost caused the company to implode.

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Jeff Hardy's stellar Victory Road performance.

·
Registered
377 Posts
TNA is pretty "tame" like said above. Nothing really scandalous.

Jeff Hardy Victory Road
Kurt Karen Jeff J
Kurt DWI's
Scott Hall/Jeff Hardy No shows
Kong Bubba

·
Premium Member
15,437 Posts
depends on what you mean by worst? I think the most pathetic controversy in TNA history was when they sent Sunny a ham after Candido died.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
To me, nothing was more controversial, more embarrassing than one of their main-eventers, one of the biggest names in wrestling at the time, show up not only to the ppv completely bombed, but obliviously sent out to the MAIN EVENT of a ppv, and "wrestle" for 88 seconds. Really hard to top that one.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Jeff Hardy's Victory Road "performance." Nothing even comes close. Fans were cheated out of the main event. That's just wrong. TNA should have given everyone refunds and fired Hardy on the spot.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
The fact that arguably the greatest draw they have (Jeff Hardy) is apparently addicted to crystal meth. The Jeff/Kurt/Karen situation also warrants a mention, what a complete fuck up that was. The fact it actually lead to some decent matches makes it more forgiveable in my view. The Bubba the Love Sponge one where he was (I think) being a sexist/racist (can't remember) was also pretty shitty considering it was 2010.

·
Registered
489 Posts
the jeff hardy situation

Tna only got away with it because noone really knows they exist and because TNA does so much stupid, unprofessional stuff people arent suprised anymore when it happens.

Had it happened in the wwe it probably would lost them all of their sponsers and quite a few people would have been fired.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts