Wrestling Forum banner

What's the real reason behind wwe being PG?

3939 44
So I was wondering what's was the real reason behind wwe going PG and kid friendly and not leaving it the way it was?
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
It's a terrible product, kids don't notice the faults and will buy the merchandise, tickets and PPVs.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Just ask Cryme Tyme

In all seriousness it's basically because of a mixture of things people have said. The mattel deal, Linda running for senator, reaching a wider audience etc.

It made more sense business wise to have a PG product than not.

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
Does it really matter??? The WWE for the most part has always been Family Friendly, or Kid Friendly, or "PG", whatever you wanna call it.

From back in the day when they used to put WWF Superstars on Saturday Mornings right after cartoons. Why'd they do that? So they can have kids watch.

They had all the action figures, the video games, the trading cards, the best damn ice cream bar you'll ever have in your LIFE!

It's astounding to me that the WWE being "PG" is such a big deal and so controversial.

It's astounding to me that people care so much about something that hardly anyone would've even noticed had the WWE not publicized it.

·
Banned
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am just looking for an adult product again when rock and Austin were around. I am not saying bring them back. I am saying bring back the entertaining show it was in the 90s and even maybe the 80s. Loved those times.

·
Banned
178 Posts
Every era has to come to an end. And so, PG will surely end one day or the other! Yeah, Vince is a wrestling mastermind! We don't find many reasons why WWE turned PG other than the reason of MONEY! But what I think is, Vince wants WWE to grow in each an every kid as it will help them in getting more money (via purchase of tickets, merchandise, PPVs, etc) + some of them might truly get ambitious to become wrestlers and thus it promotes the sport! That's why I believe, whatever Vince does, he does for good! :D :p

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
I am just looking for an adult product again when rock and Austin were around. I am not saying bring them back. I am saying bring back the entertaining show it was in the 90s and even maybe the 80s. Loved those times.
The 80's???

That was the most "PG", kid friendly, cartoony, and family friendly period in WWE history.

It was pretty much like that for most of the 90's, too.

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
I just enjoyed the product way more in the 90s then compared to today's crap.
Well, the TV Rating or having an "adult product" wouldn't chance the quality of the product.

If you don't like the product today, you're still not gonna like it with blood, the ass and bitch word, and boobs.

Although, boobs do make everything better.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.