Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the point of Wade Barett re-hiring John Cena?Unless I missed something on Raw, if he re-hire him won't he still be able to beat the hell out of the Nexus?Re-hiring him would make it worse since he won't need to hide in the crowd anymore.Please, someone explain it to me cause this storyline doesn't make any sense to me right now.

·
Asuka
96,360 Posts
Cena said that if Wade re-hires him, he'll stop attacking the rest of Nexus, but will still go after Barrett. At the end of the show, Otunga was leading the others minus Barrett and said they'll beat the fuck out of him and kick him out of the group if he doesn't re-hire Cena.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cena said that if Wade re-hires him, he'll stop attacking the rest of Nexus, but will still go after Barrett. At the end of the show, Otunga was leading the others minus Barrett and said they'll beat the fuck out of him and kick him out of the group if he doesn't re-hire Cena.
Ah, I need to pay more attention at the show I completely missed that, make more sense now.

I still think the storyline is stupid and rush though.

·
Asuka
96,360 Posts
Oh, it is. There was literally no reason for Cena to be fired, and he's getting re-instated before the next PPV so that he can wrestle Barrett at TLC. It's like they don't even care. :lmao :lmao

Now, even though I'm laughing at it, it's still a black mark on what has otherwise been an outstanding story arc at a time when WWE is very, very short on them.

·
Super Moderator
19,327 Posts
Pyro explained it perfectly.

I thought they did a pretty good job of explaining it in the promo last week actually.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,819 Posts
I'd like to think somebody in creative has some twist in mind for this next Raw since the last few weeks of Raw, and especially the final moments of the latest Raw, made it altogether too obvious where this is going. I'd like to see Barrett find a loophole so that Cena isn't actually reinstated or something.

Why they don't just get the cops to bust a non-employee of WWE from running around and entering the ring whenever he pleases, I don't know. I'm hoping this is like that late August, early September stretch of time where they've intentionally given Nexus a "lull," only to bring them back against Cena with a vengeance.

No matter what, though, I'm pretty sure Barrett/Cena isn't truly being blown off at TLC. That'd be beyond idiotic. Oh, wait...

·
Banned
4,921 Posts
I'd like to think somebody in creative has some twist in mind for this next Raw since the last few weeks of Raw, and especially the final moments of the latest Raw, made it altogether too obvious where this is going. I'd like to see Barrett find a loophole so that Cena isn't actually reinstated or something.
If there is one, it'll probably be that Cena's reinstated but since he was a member of Nexus when he was fired, he'll be rehired as a member of Nexus. Sounds stupid, but I could see it happening.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
basically, Nexus is a bunch of pussies, and don't know how to fight one guy, so they're turning on Barrett and crying and going home.

it's a good storyline, i'm laughing.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Really it baffles me how a bunch of grown men are scared of one single guy way to make them all look like one big organic pussy.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
It's all a bit stupid really, isn't it? I thought the same thing myself in the midst of the promo.

If Cena remains fired, he will keep attacking Nexus.
If Cena is re-hired, he will stop attacking Nexus, yet he will just attack Wade Barrett on his own instead. Where the fuck is the logic in it? He may as well have just said "So Wade, what I'm basically saying is: re-hire me, so Nexus can split up and then you and I can have a feud... because Miz is feuding with Orton and I have nobody else to play with."

He has no reason to "stop" attacking Nexus, and furthermore... Nexus have no reason to trust Cena or believe that he will stop attacking them, either. They are still all enemies here, regardless of Nexus starting to resent Wade.

I hate how they have to be so fearful of Cena when they are a group of strong men themselves. He is made out to be some collosus mastodon superbeast who will always be anywhere the Nexus are, 24/7, ready to ATTACK!!!11... regardless of him being "fired" now and just a "fan in the audience". It's totally overlooking the fact that security guards exist and the fact that some muscular man in a bright purple t-shirt is hard to miss.

It's all a fucking joke of a storyline, but I suppose I should be used to the WWE not making sense by now.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
It's all a bit stupid really, isn't it? I thought the same thing myself in the midst of the promo.

If Cena remains fired, he will keep attacking Nexus.
If Cena is re-hired, he will stop attacking Nexus, yet he will just attack Wade Barrett on his own instead. Where the fuck is the logic in it? He may as well have just said "So Wade, what I'm basically saying is: re-hire me, so Nexus can split up and then you and I can have a feud... because Miz is feuding with Orton and I have nobody else to play with."

He has no reason to "stop" attacking Nexus, and furthermore... Nexus have no reason to trust Cena or believe that he will stop attacking them, either. They are still all enemies here, regardless of Nexus starting to resent Wade.

I hate how they have to be so fearful of Cena when they are a group of strong men themselves. He is made out to be some collosus mastodon superbeast who will always be anywhere the Nexus are, 24/7, ready to ATTACK!!!11... regardless of him being "fired" now and just a "fan in the audience". It's totally overlooking the fact that security guards exist and the fact that some muscular man in a bright purple t-shirt is hard to miss.

It's all a fucking joke of a storyline, but I suppose I should be used to the WWE not making sense by now.
Alot of what happens in this company makes sense if you've watched TNA...

But honestly what I got from this whole storyline was "HAHA we made those fools think we were actually gonna fire Cena just so we could make them order the PPV haha SUCKERS!"

I didn't order the PPV but I feel sorry for the people that actually spent their money on that crap only to not get the fired storyline actually played out.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Alot of what happens in this company makes sense if you've watched TNA...

But honestly what I got from this whole storyline was "HAHA we made those fools think we were actually gonna fire Cena just so we could make them order the PPV haha SUCKERS!"

I didn't order the PPV but I feel sorry for the people that actually spent their money on that crap only to not get the fired storyline actually played out.
Well yeah, pretty much.

Paying for PPV's doesn't bother me though. I can't stand being behind in storylines and missing stuff, even if it is stupid shit. Defeats the purpose of being a fan if you can easily miss a show or ppv and not care. :p

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Well yeah, pretty much.

Paying for PPV's doesn't bother me though. I can't stand being behind in storylines and missing stuff, even if it is stupid shit. Defeats the purpose of being a fan if you can easily miss a show or ppv and not care. :p
If the PPV looks like its gonna be good, I'll buy it. But seeing how WWE ppvs have been the last couple years and it being SURVIVOR SERIES which is a PPV that hasn't been good in who knows how long, I'm not surprised if people just don't care enough to spend their money.

And thats what streams are for :).

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
If the PPV looks like its gonna be good, I'll buy it. But seeing how WWE ppvs have been the last couple years and it being SURVIVOR SERIES which is a PPV that hasn't been good in who knows how long, I'm not surprised if people just don't care enough to spend their money.

And thats what streams are for :).
I use the traditional method of a television, always. Never watched streams or downloaded stuff before in my life. (I'm an 80 year old woman trapped inside a 22 year old's body. LOL.)

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
I saw Cena 'fired' at the PPV then I stopped with RAW until the one just gone, and even then I only watched half of it.

So for me the story went that Cena was fired, then assaulted Otunga and Harris when they were mysteriously in a hotel room together, and that Cena's been attacking Nexus for a while.

The main hole in this for me is as follows: when Nexus first showed up they took out Cena, Punk, Gallows and the fucking announce team...now we're meant to believe just Cena by himself can totally fuck them up? It's one man! If you can't see an angry muscled bastard wearing bright purple running at you, frankly you deserve to get your ass handed to you!

I was really happy Cena was 'fired', but then they go and have him on TV every week and now he's gonna be reinstated before the next fucking PPV...so why'd they even do the big 'free or fired' drama if they were just gonna bring him back immediately anyway?

god WWE is stupid sometimes...

1 - 20 of 60 Posts