1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
So I can watch some wrestling.

·
Know Your Worth
10,729 Posts
Because wrestling is still wrestling. Sometimes the matches they have at house shows are better than the ones on TV. House shows are a way for the wrestlers to work through a match with their future PPV opponent so that the final product can be shown on TV.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Some cities are not big enough to host major events but still wanna see WWE live. What's a big deal? Plus, WWE still gets that ticket revenue. WIN WIN for both parties.

·
CHAIRMAN of WF
2,528 Posts
If you are truly a wrestling fan, then why wouldn't you go to a house shows. I have been to both a house show and a live event, and tbh, I enjoyed myself at the house show more. The wrestlers weren't constricted for time like they'll be at a live show, so the wrestlers are more likely to mingle and interact with the crowd during and after the match, plus you are more likely to get gimmick matches at a house show. At my 1st house show, I witnessed a Last Man Standing match and a Cage match in 1 night, now when was the last time you witnessed a LMS match and Cage match on RAW or Smackdown?

·
I know, it's been a while.
3,272 Posts
So you can see your favourite superstars / heroes live.

Not all cities have a live event. We get one house show a year in my town and its amazing. I don't go for storylines I go to see the WWE wrestlers live.

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
From a company standpoint I get it.

But from a fan standpoint, why would I pay to go see a house show

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
From a fan's standpoint, it usually is money well spent on a fun evening!

Most WWF/WWE House Shows have great matches. Some are rehearsals for a story line that will appear on TV in a week or so. I mentioned in another post that my son and I saw a WWF World Championship match between Stone Cold and Angle at a Minneapolis House Show. A week later we watched them go at it again on TV virtually move for move. The exact same match, only the outcome was different.

Other matches introduce new talent and gauge their performance based on House Show fan reaction. We saw Brock Lesnar fight Kanyon in a St. Paul House Show before anyone knew he existed. He was accompanied to the ring by our state Governor - Jessie Ventura. A couple of weeks later Lesnar made his debut on TV.

The shows are usually longer, there are no commercials due to TV obligations, and the wrestlers do some stuff that you may or may not see on TV.

I recall one House Show where the main event was the Undertaker, Stone Cold & Kane vs. HHH, Rakishi & Haku. After Taker, Austin, and the Big Red Machine got through kicking the crap out of their opponents Stone cold threw cans of beer to Taker and Kane. Austin takes a slug, Taker downs a mouthful, but Kane goes into a comedy routine trying to drink through his mask. Not really a big deal, but to my kid in the first row ringside it was great.

Also, if you are a real wrestling fan what's the difference if the show is televised or not? We used to go to alot of Indy shows at the Armories in the area. None of them were televised. None of them were advancing any story line we knew about. 99% of the wrestlers will never get to WWE, TNA, etc. Who cares??? We went to see some good pro-wrestling action.

- Mike

·
Still A Shield Girl... (RIP)
1,972 Posts
Story lines aren't advanced

No promos

.000000000001% chance of a title change

You obviously know who's gonna win

It's just straight match after match

the last time i went to a houseshow aj won the divas title....it did get changed back to eve after a few seconds though:D it's obviously all about the money.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
On the company side, money and experience. On the fan side, fun and more fun.

House shows give the company revenue and such. It also gives the wrestlers (or Superstars, depending on what you call them) time to work together before they do the match on TV. If one of them is new to the business, they gain more experience. The more experience, the better.

House shows gives us the opportunity to see them up close and personal. More personal than watching on television. There is also the chance we could interact with them.

·
I'm Sa-Sa-Sleepy, boff!
3,375 Posts
From a company standpoint I get it.

But from a fan standpoint, why would I pay to go see a house show

To watch wrestling.. Isn't that the point? Some areas don't have major arenas or get many RAW's or PPV's so sometimes a house show is your only choice.

·
Anti-Hero
9,798 Posts
Why oh why are supposed fans so eager to think of lame-ass ways to bitch about the industry?

·
Banned
460 Posts
I've been to a house show. They're not TV tapings, but if you haven't had any wrasslin' in your area for a while, or ever, and a house show is in town then it's fun to go to

1 - 20 of 34 Posts