Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's not that special anymore and not only because u know when it's gonna happen but because there is no action anymore it's just 2 guyz wrestling in a ring with a cell covering them which is just a decoration it's barely used they don't bleed(i'm not one of those guyz who only cares about blood but u need blood in this kinda' match)they don't use chairs sticks trash cans...etc and they don't go out of the cage
imo the best hiac match for the past couple of years was dx vs legacy that was one hell of a match

·
Banned
9,124 Posts
There isn't anything special about it anymore. It's just a big cage match.

It was cool when it was used to settle the most brutal of feuds in the final blow-off, but it's just a less-interesting version of the Elimination Chamber ppv now.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,055 Posts
Over-Exposure and the PG enviornment. That's what's wrong with HIAC. It used to be a huge deal, when a HIAC was booked because it was consdered a fued ending match. Not to mention it was portayed as a barbaric match. But due to the fact that WWE are over-exposing all their big matchs by making them into PPVs every year, and because WWE is PG, the match has been watered down. So it's lost it's vibe.

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,084 Posts
agreed,

if they aren't gunna make it violent then they should scrap it.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
They treat it like a normal specialty match like the Cage and No DQ matches are nowadays. HIAC hasn't been remotely entertaining or special since HHH/Batista in 2005 for me.

Hell, fuck HIAC. Bring back Wargames!

·
Really too good to wrestle in front of all you pri
1,660 Posts
Because it's just another match now. The novelty has worn off due to over exposure (we're guaranteed 2 HIAC's a year now, it used to be a massive deal to just get one a year).

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They treat it like a normal specialty match like the Cage and No DQ matches are nowadays. HIAC hasn't been remotely entertaining or special since HHH/Batista in 2005 for me.

Hell, fuck HIAC. Bring back Wargames!
i disagree with u i think the dx-legacy match in 09 was great other than that(Y)

·
Registered
7,787 Posts
Because it's just another match now. The novelty has worn off due to over exposure (we're guaranteed 2 HIAC's a year now, it used to be a massive deal to just get one a year).
^^This + no blood(means no brutality) + That annual HIAC was a big deal because it was used for big matches and best feuds of the year which needed a structure of punishment to add to the intensity and put an end to a great feud. Now they just give away a HIAC match to the maineventers regardless of the intensity of the storyline just because the PPV name screams "2 HIAC matches for no reason!".

Yea Legacy match was good. but thats like 1 out of last 6 matches.

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,084 Posts
when was the last time they came up with a new match ?

Last one i remember was punjabi prison and before that the EC.

They should bring back war games.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Also, cage matches are billed as 'the most dangerous match in the WWE' and then when there is a TLC match it is billed the same way, EC matches... the same etc, ect. It's something i noticed earlier this year and takes away the impact of a HIAC match which SHOULD be their most dangerous match type when every other 'extreme' style match is billed as the biggest.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
i disagree with u i think the dx-legacy match in 09 was great other than that(Y)
That match was boring, at best. So what if Legacy beat them one time? You knew they weren't going to beat them twice, especially at Hell in a Cell. It really did nothing for both men as Cody is just starting to get over with his current gimmick and Ted is just floundering doing nothing.

Batista was completely made in that match with HHH in 2005.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That match was boring, at best. So what if Legacy beat them one time? You knew they weren't going to beat them twice, especially at Hell in a Cell. It really did nothing for both men as Cody is just starting to get over with his current gimmick and Ted is just floundering doing nothing.

Batista was completely made in that match with HHH in 2005.
no i'm not talking about how beneficial it was for legacy all i'm saying is that it was a fun match anyways respect your opinion

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Hell In A Cell lost its purpose when it was made into a gimmick PPV. Only certain rivalries require the use of a Hell In A Cell, it used to represent the ultimate unforgiving environment in which the most heated feuds could be settled. When you make it a yearly pre-planned event, it loses all of its storytelling appeal. It just becomes "Hey, these two guys happen to be feuding right now. *checks calendar* Well, time for Hell In A Cell."

Has nothing to do with the lack of blood or garbage spots or irresponsible shots to the head or whatever other relics you want to bring up. Those are just crutches in telling a story.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
If they are bringing back War Games, I'm talking the full monty. Two rings covered by a long ass cell. First two wrestle for five minutes until teammates from both sides come in every two minutes. The only way you win is by submission or KO. And there damn well better be blood in those matches. Not because I crave for blood but the match was mostly always a bloody match. Hell, if Team Punk v. Team Nash ever needed one match type to use, this would be the match.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hell In A Cell lost its purpose when it was made into a gimmick PPV. Only certain rivalries require the use of a Hell In A Cell, it used to represent the ultimate unforgiving environment in which the most heated feuds could be settled. When you make it a yearly pre-planned event, it loses all of its storytelling appeal. It just becomes "Hey, these two guys happen to be feuding right now. *checks calendar* Well, time for Hell In A Cell."

Has nothing to do with the lack of blood or garbage spots or irresponsible shots to the head or whatever other relics you want to bring up. Those are just crutches in telling a story.
lol i'm not bringing up "relics" all i'm saying is it needs to be brutal:gun::gun::gun:
nowadays it's like a singles match nothin' special about it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts