Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They haven't done anything meaningful with them since making them a faction. AJ got bumped down the card and has a useless belt that he never defends. Beer Money got beat by the Motor City Midgets and haven't done a thing since then. Williams had to drop the X Division belt for no reason. Morgan and Kaz are completely irrelevant right now.

They should be trying to make these guys stars right now. Beer Money should be tag champs and made to look like dominating bad asses. Matt Morgan should be in the world title picture. Williams should be dominating the X Division. AJ should actually be involved in feuds and DEFENDING his TV title.

All they are right now is a glorified JOB squad.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Fortune is a pretty solid stable. They're be fine once this EV2 thing blows over, hopefully on Sunday.

The thing I'm really curious about is how Fortune will fit in with the TNA vs "They" storyline. In the day of WCW vs NWO, even the heel Horsemen sided against the NWO. Should be interesting.

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
Fortune will be over on sunday , Not only is EV.2.0 going over, But when "They" get here Fortune T.V. time is bye bye

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Fortune was created because Vince Russo is lazy. He doesn't like making individuals stars and can't do it in this day and age. So what he likes to do is group a whole bunch of people into a stable that way no one can come back and complain about 'wrestler x' not being on TV or being used and to a lesser extent..getting a push. To Russo being on TV is the same thing as getting a push. Fortune is so big because its a way to kill 9 birds with one stone. Rather then taking the time and creating interesting angles for each act separately.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Apart from entertaining segments I guess there's nothing really "useful" about them as they don't really get any sort of legit push. I mean I like the stable, but before Fourtune was created AJ hold the World Title, Doug the X-Title and BMI the Tag Titles.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Fortune is a waste of time. They are in a no win situation. If they win sunday, it's no big deal since they are just beating a much of 90's midcarders and jobbers. And if they lose, whatever credibility the stable has left will sit next to Matt Morgan's after that abomination of a Kendrick thing.

Having guys like Storm and Roode in Fourtune is pointless anyway. Those two don't need other people to talk for them or get them over. Neither does Doug Williams at a midcard level, ftm.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Fortune is gonna fall short of their goal of getting all the titles in TNA. There are 6 regularly active wrestlers in Fortune, and only 5 belts available for them to have. So one person is the odd man out with no gold. The leader (Styles) of the biggest stable in TNA at the moment only has the Mid-Card championship. Once again, nice idea, but awful execution. Rather than having him in the main event scene like he should be, TNA docks AJ down.

Not trying to plug my own thread, but I had an idea for another belt in TNA based off the global title, but with stipulations that wouldn't limit it to just being a prop. It was called the International Championship. It served as a way for more of TNA's talent to have a title to fight for, the title ofcourse pertaining to international matchups between competitors.

Long-story-short, if TNA added this belt, than there would be enough titles for each Fortune member to win, thus their goal of each member possessing a TNA title is reached. But this story is falling flat from awful execution and bad booking.

·
Registered
984 Posts
as long as crazy ass Ric Flair stays on my TV acting old crazy and senile, i don't care what happens to fortune. I love posting ric flair gifs randomly on my other forums.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Fourtune is a group of talented young guys, who have struggled to draw. TNA hope is putting them with Flair and having them part of a cool faction will help change that.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I still don't get Fortune.

1) When Flair formed the group, he said it was a reformation of the FOUR Horsemen and they all started doing the 4 finger horseman sign.

2) Now there was SIX members of fortune, and now you have the actual members doing a modified hand signal different from the 4 horsemen sign they used when they formed.

3) Flair continues to do the old 4 horsemen sign.

4) Why is a stable with 6 members (7 inc Flair) walking round holding up FOUR fingers?!

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Perhaps Russo thought that these guys are pretty much hopeless when they're on their own so he decided to form a stable with all of them in it in order to keep them relevant, so far it hasn't worked well i think.

·
Registered
661 Posts
They haven't done anything meaningful with them since making them a faction. AJ got bumped down the card and has a useless belt that he never defends. Beer Money got beat by the Motor City Midgets and haven't done a thing since then. Williams had to drop the X Division belt for no reason. Morgan and Kaz are completely irrelevant right now.

They should be trying to make these guys stars right now. Beer Money should be tag champs and made to look like dominating bad asses. Matt Morgan should be in the world title picture. Williams should be dominating the X Division. AJ should actually be involved in feuds and DEFENDING his TV title.

All they are right now is a glorified JOB squad.
Huh, guess you're not a fan.
You want to run rampant by having all the titles in the company, but I have no issue with the talent that has the titles right now. And who's the say they won't have an angle like that in the future, especially when the EV2 feud is over?

Yes, AJ got bumped down on the card, but he's a strong enough character now to sustain himself without the World Title; I have no problem with him having the TV title, it makes the title look better because he has it. Would you rather have f'n Rob Terry with it?

Beer Money have had the titles enough and MCMG had NEVER had the title, despite possibly being the best tag team out right now.
So, they lost their titles to MCMG in an awesome best of 5 series that may never be duplicated by tag teams on tv any time soon.
Once again, what's the problem with that?

Williams is still in the X-Division picture, so it's not like he's not doing anything.
You could argue that Kaz and Morgan are getting less attention than they should, and that's pretty much it; but for both of those guys, being in the group has probably helped them get more tv time than if they weren't in the group ( especially Kaz )

I didn't know kicking the crap out of EV2 for the most part since the angle started made them jobbers.

Flair is being crazy and entertaining, AJ is better on the mic now, I like who's in the stable.
Quite frankly, there's other things TNA need to improve on, and Fourtune doesn't seem like a big issue to me.

·
Registered
208 Posts
the original DX made Triple H a main eventer

Evolution made Randy Orton and Batista main eventers

Fortune is a group of guys they want to stay out of the main event spot. The only guy that is a former WWE huge star is Flair and the rest are originals even Matt Morgan.

·
Registered
95 Posts
It could still be brilliant. Since its spelt FOURtune the four finger sign works, without liabilty.

AJ is and was a main eventer. He might have a lesser belt now but hes leading a pack and giving a belt some credibilty. It can only help TNA when guys like AJ and EY constantly take one for the team.

Yes they dont really need Doug or Kaz, and both would be better off in a strengthened X-Division, but theres every chance that they might yet do this from within Fourtune yet.

Morgan doesnt have GREAT mic skills so being in the ring with BMI AJ n Flair is gonna help a lot. Also being a seven-foot enforcer, squaring up to big men like Nash, and being made to look like a HUGE guy v Kendrick is a push within itself. Kendricks built as a crazy guy and he still RAN out the ring after beatin Morgan. Thats well done for me. Both stars get a nice elevation as well as tellin a story throughout the action. Great stuff.

FOURtune doesnt need to be around, the stars are all, well, stars, but when EV2.0 are done with thier feud, and this whole THEY thing starts to drag on, then its pretty obvious where they'l be going for the next Main Event level feud. And i think having FOURtune just regularly come on tv, brag, and dish out beatdowns will get them sufficiently over until then.

The only problems I see is where they fit into the TNA v THEY thing like someone mentioned, and that for a really memorable stable you ideally need a stale to feud with. The only problem for me is the guys youd want to put into such a stable (Sting, Angle, Pope etc) are just great on thier own. And you cant keep having FOURtune taking on a guy at a time. And I just dont see TNA booking them properly in individual feuds. (Look at Morgan v Kendrick, BMI v MCMG, Flair v Foley, AJ v ANYBODY, Doug v X-div, all during or partially during thier time in FOURtune, and all memorable)

FOURtune should just be the sum of its parts. They should all spread through the ranks, come out alone, and cut one epic promo together each month or so. Making it a wow-moment, with all these stars giving us great matches, united and bragging in the same ring...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts