Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the point of everyone losing in their hometown?

Sometime it's very smart to get that heat, but come on it's like 99.9% that they will lose in their hometown. It's so predictable!

Just in the past year we saw :
Sasha losing the title in Boston the HIAC match.
Charlotte losing the title in her hometown.
Now ... Bayley losing.

I think it's wrong, it will be nice to see someone wins and get that hometown pop every once in a while.
We saw Naomi wins at Wrestlemania in Orlando & Jason Jordan winning the tag team titles at Chicago(but i think WWE didn't even knew that was his hometown) and that's it.

So if Randy Orton is not losing to Jinder at Backlash, he will lose it for sure at MITB because it's in his hometown.

Vince and his booking LOL

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Because Vince likes to fuck with crowd. No other explanation.

·
Banned
1,706 Posts
Naomi just won the title in her hometown.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Probably for a curve ball. Most people probably suspect that wrestlers will most definitely win in their hometown. I did. I was surprised when Alexa won. It's almost like I am a mark or something.

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,411 Posts
In this case it looks like Vince is just down on Bayley and wanted the title off her ASAP. The PPV just happened to take place in San Jose.

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Vince and Co. consider that the hometown hero losing gain more interest to the feuds, meanwhile a a win gains nothing and can, it a way, alienate fans.

Also the Montreal Screwjob is always on the mind of WWE fans, so it's the cheapest way to gain heat.

Not always the hometown hero loses, the neglected CM Punk won a pretty big match on Chicago.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts