Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Baby Yoda
30,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What is there to aspire to?

After last night, it's evident there is no high standard or criteria that needs to be met to win a world title. The only title that meant a thing in the company is dead. What's left for fan favorites to achieve?

Win a title Jinder fucking Mahal has held?

Win a title that looks like a children's toy?

Main event WM? Fat chance of that happening with Roman penciled in to face part timers there for the next decade.

Why should fans stick around to watch their favorites? The stories are horrific, the goals are either meaningless or are impossible to achieve. Frankly, I'd rather see my favorites wrestling somewhere where their work would improve, the stories would be more logical and wouldn't leave you shaking your head in disbelief.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Its funny how when fans dont get what they want, the start saying they arent watching or asking why they should stick around.

And they always end up sticking around anyway.

Lets skip past the usual BS and fast forward to the point where you just accept the Era of the Maharaja. He is the best WWE champion we have had in a while.

·
Baby Yoda
30,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its funny how when fans dont get what they want, the start saying they arent watching or asking why they should stick around.

Lets skip past the usual BS and fast forward to the point where you just accept the Era of the Maharaja. He is the best WWE champion we have had in a while.
I'm sorry that I have standards and think it's incredibly stupid to turn a career jobber into a champion within the space of a month.

Now that it's been established there are no standards for the title, maybe they may as well had gotten Ellsworth to go over AJ. That would have made headlines around the world. Shock is what we want...

·
Registered
3,771 Posts

Irony being that OP said he wanted Jinder to win a month ago and now he's the spokesman for Jinder haters. IDC if he was joking, he asked for it, he got it.

·
Registered
913 Posts
This garbage that you people always spout is just that, garbage. After WM I watched RAW for two weeks in a row after not watching but a handful of RAW eps for 3+ years and that after being a hardcore fan since the mid-80's. I got the network for one month and cancelled it earlier this month (ended on the 5th) because the product sucks. I didn't watch last nights show except for the opener and won't watch tonight or tomorrow. Having Jinder Mahal in your world championship lineage is a major slap in the face as a (former) hardcore fan. I'm sure there are many many more like me and certainly much more than you think.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
One guy wins a prop and the same users create threads one after another whining and crying about how much they hated it. Just take a break from WWE, maybe? You're not always gonna have your favorites being champ. This is the same guy who made threads after threads about the Shield guys then Balor and now he's doing it with Mahal. Your AJ Styles is not going to be champ all the time. Deal with it

·
Madness is the emergency exit
2,826 Posts
Over the past few months so much joy for wrestling has died for me. I honestly don't know why I watch WWE. I guess it's to keep up with my few favourites. But the amount of pleasure I get compared to the constant feeling of being disappointed or underwhelmed is almost nothing. I'm not even upset Jinder won, I wanted him to. The path this title has been on has been horrible since the day after Cena took it from AJ. Bray winning it sounded great at the time, but it was a mistake. That lead to Randy Orton of all people winning the 2017 Royal Rumble, which to me ruined that event. Not someone new or interesting, "oh damn they went with that guy?! I wanna see how this goes." Nope, instead it was Randy Orton getting some sort of pat on the back for putting over the business killer Brock Lesnar.

The WWE managed to fuck up a program between Ambrose (my 2nd favourite and AJ (my 4th) by inserting James Elsworth. On that matter they actually managed to also fuck up Dean Ambrose's first title win by giving him Dolph fucking Ziggler to beat, until they took it off and gave it to AJ. I had one small period of happiness as an Ambrose fan when he cashed in, and then months of crap.

60,006 Posts
This is entertainment. If you're not entertained, no one's forcing you to watch. Lamenting "the loss of credibility" of a title and pouting about it won't get you anywhere. Vince sees money in Jinder, therefore he's giving him a run. Take comfort in AJ helming the mid card. Jinder's a new champion and his ensuing reign should be judged on its merits, not prejudged by those with a transparent agenda.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Why should fans stick around to watch their favorites? The stories are horrific, the goals are either meaningless or are impossible to achieve. Frankly, I'd rather see my favorites wrestling somewhere where their work would improve and the stories would be more logical and wouldn't leave you shaking your head in disbelief.
Why don't you stop watching then? I watch the product even though I don't enjoy a lot of it, but I wouldn't watch it if it had me on the verge of tears like you seem to be.

You have NJPW which you actually like, why not just watch that if WWE has you so depressed?

·
Baby Yoda
30,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
This is entertainment. If you're not entertained, no one's forcing you to watch. Lamenting "the loss of credibility" of a title and pouting about it won't get you anywhere. Vince sees money in Jinder, therefore he's giving him a run. Take comfort in AJ helming the mid card. Jinder's a new champion and his ensuing reign should be judged on its merits, not prejudged by those with a transparent agenda.
The problem is, I don't care if AJ wins the WWE title ever again. The title is worthless IMO.

When you have marks starting to think that way, you know there's a problem.

·
Stomping Scrawny Vanilla Midgetesses
4,302 Posts
I would argue Jinder Mahal's STORY with his mic work and about his culture is a better story than anything Orton and Bray put on in the last couple months together. By that logic, the story was better. Somebody being a Patriotic hero chasing Jinder as champion is more of a story than the WWE championship has produced in a while, more specifically since AJ Styles lost the belt.

Literally any babyface that challenges Jinder has to challenge Jinders ethics and it's a workable story.

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
All I care about is the Universal Title. Which is the title to win across all wrestling mediums and promotions.

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
I'd just like to point out that Vince McMahon was WWE Champion.

Don't get me wrong, I think that Jinder getting this push from out of nowhere is fucking stupid. At least build up the dude's credibility a little bit before pulling the trigger, but that's an entirely separate argument...

At the end of the day, however you look at it, championships in pro wrestling are props. Yes, it means something that the company has enough faith in you as a performer to be "champion", but it doesn't change the fact that every belt in this industry is a "prop" being used in a storyline.

·
Baby Yoda
30,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I would argue Jinder Mahal's STORY with his mic work and about his culture is a better story than anything Orton and Bray put on in the last couple months together. By that logic, the story was better. Somebody being a Patriotic hero chasing Jinder as champion is more of a story than the WWE championship has produced in a while, more specifically since AJ Styles lost the belt.

Literally any babyface that challenges Jinder has to challenge Jinders ethics and it's a workable story.
There isn't a single story in the company...

If Jinder had been built up to it, it may have worked.

Instead we have a career jobber who hasn't had a single big clean win in his career to justify him holding the belt. Someone who couldn't even go over midcarders like Zayn clean.

I know he's heel, but he still needs some significant wins before giving him the title. He was a career jobber like a month back..

·
Baby Yoda
30,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
All I care about is the Universal Title. Which is the title to win across all wrestling mediums and promotions.
There isn't a title worth winning until both titles are unified and we have one champion.

Both titles are worthless alone.

Now that Jinder is champion, the expression of the champion making the belt means more than ever as all the titles in the company are worthless.

·
Madness is the emergency exit
2,826 Posts
The universal title is the worst one. It's ONLY for people that make Vince's dick hard to look at. It was great the Finn got to be the first, but it's destined to be in the hands of Roman/Brock/HHH/Part-timers forever.

The World title's problem is it's got too low of a bar set. Ambrose, AJ, Cena, etc are all great to carry it, but with Jinder and Bray holding it, plus Elsworth beating the champ 3 times, it's just trash.

There should be something in the middle where most people can't get it, but all the actually talented people can without a doubt hold it.

Reactions: Ace

·
Stomping Scrawny Vanilla Midgetesses
4,302 Posts
There isn't a single story in the company...

If Jinder had been built up to it, it may have worked.

Instead we have a career jobber who hasn't had a single big clean win in his career to justify him holding the belt. Someone who couldn't even go over midcarders like Zayn clean.

I know he's heel, but he still needs some significant wins before giving him the title. He was a career jobber like a month back..
So a babyface chasing Jinder for the belt while questioning his racial ethics, his dislike of USA citizens and his overexposed insecurity of people thinking he's disliked because he's different isn't a story?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.