Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
581 Posts
Shawn Michaels' performance in the Survivor Series 2003 Team Austin Vs Team Bischoff match. Rarely do you ever witness a performance so superlative that the actual offence becomes a secondary factor in the match to the larger storytelling, drama, emotion and tension that prevails in even every small bodily movement of the competitors taking place in the ring. It was the absolute ultimate display of the oft used word "psychology" and the ability to keep the crowd at the edge of their seats without resorting to a million fancy spots and counters, just pure and simple expertise at recognising the situation at hand at blending yourself into the required role and demeanour to keep the crowd intrigued for each and every second of the match.

Rarely do I ever rate matches in isolation owing to my preference for rating the entire program as a whole including the build up but that match and especially Shawn Michaels' performance was as close to being the build up unto itself along with the match itself; not to mention the well documented history between Steve Austin and HBK which was competently showcased throughout the match and after it. A word of appreciation for Jim Ross as well, one of his absolute best performances ever.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Not my favourite wrestlers here but just a couple of matches that I feel don't get the praise they deserve.
1. Sheamus vs Big Show HIAC2012
2. Jericho vs Beniot Backlash 2000
3. Cm Punk vs Rey Mysterio Punishment 2011.
4. Orton vs Cody Rhodes Smackdown November 2011 no dqs.
5. Regal vs Cesaro Nxt.

·
Registered
24,115 Posts
My current favorite is Ambrose. Off the top of my head, him and Wyatt and had a match on the Raw before Roadblock this year that I really enjoyed.

So either that or the Lumberjack match with Rollins in 2014. I say underrated because some will look and see it's a Lumberjack match and instantly not care (not that I blame them) but they went out there and had the best Lumberjack match possible.

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
Edge vs Kurt Angle series of matches in 2002. I think they all range from ****1/4-****1/2
The matches at Backlash and Judgment Day are classics, the steel cage match is great, their chemistry in the tag team with Rey and Benoit was awesome, the 4-way of them with Eddie and Benoit was FANTASTIC. These two have a hugely underrated chemistry and series of matches

[/YOUTUBE]

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
MarkyWhipwreck already mentioned some, so to add on more for the Steve Austin fanclub...

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Savio Vega in a Carribean Strap Match - In Your House: Beware Of Dog

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Wildman Marc Mero - King Of The Ring 1996

x30hwgg

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Vader - WWF Raw, December 16 1996

What a slugfest these two tough bastards have here.

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Vader - WWF Raw, February 3 1997

Another solid brawl from Austin and Vader. And Austin bodyslams Vader in this match.

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Bret Hart vs. The Undertaker vs. Vader - In Your House: Final Four

Stone Cold Steve Austin and Shawn Michaels vs. Owen Hart and The British Bulldog - WWF Raw, May 26 1997

Stone Cold Steve Austin and Shawn Michaels vs. The Legion Of Doom - WWF Raw, June 2 1997

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Shawn Michaels - King Of The Ring 1997

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Owen Hart - Summerslam 1997 (up until the Piledriver, which the rest of the match is overshadowed by)

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Kurt Angle - WWF Raw, January 8 2001

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Ric Flair - WWE Raw 2002 (the week before Austin walked out)

This one had a similar stipulation to the match Austin had with Benoit on Raw in 2000, Austin wasn't allowed to brawl, so him and Flair had a straight up rasslin match.

There are more Austin ones but I've gotten lazy at this point now to go out and find more videos, so I'll leave it from here.

·
Banned
1,605 Posts
Eddie Guerrero vs Ric Flair Hog Wild 1996

Hell Hog Wild 1996 is a underrated PPV in general

21 - 39 of 39 Posts