Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I live in Rahway,NJ which is in the NY Metro area so it's not a suprise that the most popular team in my town/general area are the Yankees. I see their hats, jerseys and shirts everywhere and almost everyone I know is a Yankees fan. The 2nd most popular team is the Giants, who are a close 2nd to the Yankees and are almost as popular. If I broke it down by sport in order it would be-
MLB: Yankees, Mets.
NFL: Giants, Jets.
NBA: Knicks, Nets, Lakers.
NHL: Devils, Rangers.
College: Rutgers

What team is the most popular where you live?

·
40,767 Posts
Here in Austin it's Longhorns all day, all night. In DFW where I used to live it's Cowboys, Cowboys, Cowboys.

College allegiances vary from city to city, town to town, but Texas is all about the Dallas Cowboys. There are a few Houston Texan fans here and there, but they're rare. I think the old AFL Dallas Texans might have more fans, they'd be Kansas City Chiefs fans now.

Anyway, football rules Texas. Nothing else matters really. It's a cult, a philosophy, some would say even a religion.

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
Only really football and rugby over here

Football - Liverpool (I don't support them though, hate them in fact, no offence to any reds on here, I know the feeling's mutual)
Rugby - St Helens (don't care about rugby really)

·
40,767 Posts
1. Browns, 2. Cavs, 3. Steelers (Even though I can't stand that they are even popular here, they are...), 4. Indians
Have you seen the shit going down in Miami how the Heat have to tell their "fans" how to be fans.

A great sports town like Cleveland has to be laughing their asses off at this.

·
8,232 Posts
DETROIT LIONS!

Just kidding, it's the Red Wings.

Fuck Hockey though, I'm a die hard Pistons fan. They suck right now, but in 04 when they won the title they were what's up!

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
I'm from Bolton town so the biggest sports team in the area is...Manchester United. All my generation grew up with United rather than Bolton, although the younguns are all turning towards BWFC.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here in Austin it's Longhorns all day, all night. In DFW where I used to live it's Cowboys, Cowboys, Cowboys.

College allegiances vary from city to city, town to town, but Texas is all about the Dallas Cowboys. There are a few Houston Texan fans here and there, but they're rare. I think the old AFL Dallas Texans might have more fans, they'd be Kansas City Chiefs fans now.

Anyway, football rules Texas. Nothing else matters really. It's a cult, a philosophy, some would say even a religion.
I've always wondered in Texas as a whole who were more popular the Longhorns or Cowboys? I usually think that the Cowboys would be slightly more popular.

·
40,767 Posts
It's the Cowboys no question.

The Longhorns are the most popular college team, but you actually have quite a bit of Sooner fans here too. While the Aggies don't have as many fans as Texas and OU here, you'll be hard pressed to find more loyal fans. Aggies might be close minded fools, but they are passionate about their team and school.

·
Banned
4,479 Posts
University of North Carolina basketball team or Duke if you're ghey.

You see a UNC or Duke sticker/flag/shirt/hat/jersey EVERYWHERE

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Basketball - Kings, Warriors
Football - Raiders, 49ers
Baseball - Giants, A's
Hockey - Sharks
College - Cal

it really does vary too.

i live near Sacramento so I guess the Kings are the most dominant being the only pro team, but ther are quite a few Warriors (lol) fans around here too

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Have you seen the shit going down in Miami how the Heat have to tell their "fans" how to be fans.

A great sports town like Cleveland has to be laughing their asses off at this.
Couldn't help but laugh at the 'fan up' thing, shouldn't have to tell fans to go to games when you have that much talent, but at least they have the talent, I would have killed to get just Bosh on the Cavs with LeBron but hey.. I'd rather have the Browns win so if they can prove to be a consistent contender in the future I'll take it.

·
Kirk
2,565 Posts
The New York Yankees followed by the New York Giants. The New York Jets seem to be more popular at least this year than the Giants though.

Pretty much all the teams in the New York metro area have good fan support and attendance with the exception of maybe the Islanders.

·
There are players and then there are pieces
5,052 Posts
NBA - Lakers
NFL - Chargers/Raiders
MLB - Los Dodgers
MLS - Galaxy
Hockey - Kings

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I live in Vancouver

NBA - Toronto Raptors, LA Lakers, Boston Celtics, and the Chicago Bulls
NHL - Vancouver Canucks and LA Kings
MLB -Toronto Blue Jays

·
Friends Come And Go,Banners Hang Forever
25,686 Posts
Canucks, Canucks, and some more Canucks. Most people here don't care about very many sports and it's just mostly hockey they like to watch.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts