Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean, the guys got everything. Mic skills, ring ability, a great look. He's everything the WWE needs as of now. But as proven many, many times in the past WWE has a tendency to screw things up in regards to a total package, IE: Mr. Kennedy, Dolph Ziggler, Santino Marella. Santino is a great ring-worker and mic-worker evidenced by his Boris Alexiv gimmick from OVW and WWE really screwed the pooch bringing him in as a joke character. Kennedy, yeah, he screwed up several times, but had WWE given him another chance he could of been a mega-star, the guy was great. Dolph Ziggler, his look isn't the greatest, but he's a good ring-worker and has good mic-skills but WWE continues to job him out to Brodus and HORNSWOGGLE. All of these guys could be main-eventing right now if it wasn't for WWE's bad decisions..
I mean, what if Ambrose were to debut as some kind of joke character? or he got the Kizarny kind of treatment? That would be messed up, but I really wouldn't put it past the WWE. What do you think the odds are of such a thing happening?

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
He SHOULD be a serious threat. Which means, he probably won't.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Kennedy fucked up several times. They tried to make him the megastar he deserved to be, but unfortunately, it just didn't work out. The whole "if he was given one more chance" thing works great in theory, but when you try and try and try to make somebody a star and something keeps stopping it, you're gonna lose interest in trying, that's just natural. I still weep for his failure in the business, but I can understand the decision that they made.

Santino is best served as a comedy character, he plays to his strengths. I wouldn't make him a main eventer.

Dolph Ziggler flat out sucks and has risen farther than he has any right to. He lacks mic skills, he lacks charisma, and above all, he lacks stage presence. He commands absolutely no attention. Yeah, he can wrestle, but if they were gonna run their business only on who could wrestle without taking into consideration any other factors, they wouldn't make a lot of money. You can point to Daniel Bryan and say "well, what about him", but to be honest, even Bryan at his worst is about 50x better than Ziggler at.....anything. Ziggler is so un main event worthy. I don't know what other words there is to describe it, he's anathema.

As for Ambrose, you have to define the word "misuse". I think he's a future world champion. I don't think it's gonna happen immediately, he'll have to wait a year or two, but I think he'll be booked well in a general sense. His look kinda sucks but when you have guys like Daniel Bryan and CM Punk on top, the look is getting really irrelevant. Even Cody Rhodes is gonna be a world champion in not too long and he has an embarassing look. He's really strong on the mic, I haven't checked a lot of his in ring work, but apparantly he's pretty good according to most people, he's charismatic, he gets your attention. I think he'll do fine, as long as he's given the opportunity and someone on top isn't out to get him.

·
Registered
141 Posts
100%. This is the WWE we're talking about here.

But seriously, most likely he's going to be "misused" for whatever reason. Either his partner's going to have an injury, or he's going to get put in a bad storyline that doesn't go anywhere, but he probably has a slim chance of surviving his first year well.

·
Banned
561 Posts
what do you mean, you say this like he's somebody, because he's from the indies, he should be given the star treatment, he will get what he deserves, absolutely, positivly NOTHING AT ALL

·
Banned
882 Posts
Dean has great potential, so I'm sure WWE will fuck it up.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
welcome to the IWC, where voicing your opinion on a indy wrestler is blind hate or trolling:rolleyes:
You're absolutely ridiculous. It's not half obvious that you're trying waaay too hard to be just like Rock316AE. You're failing horrendously, by the way.
You're saying that since he came from the indies, he doesn't deserve any treatment what so ever? Do you think The Rock did absolutely nothing before coming to the WWE? I'm sure he worked many indy events, he would of had to. The majority of wrestlers need to, to show that they can work the ring infront of a crowd. Ambrose is a great wrestler and has great charisma. You're obviously just dissing him because you think it's something Rock316AE would do. Give up, kid.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
what do you mean, you say this like he's somebody, because he's from the indies, he should be given the star treatment, he will get what he deserves, absolutely, positivly NOTHING AT ALL
Of course he's from from the fucking Indies. Where do you want the WWE to find their wrestlers, Burger King? :rolleyes:

I swear, Rock marks are clueless. It's like telling Major League Baseball to stop having farm teams.

·
Banned
561 Posts
You're absolutely ridiculous. It's not half obvious that you're trying waaay too hard to be just like Rock316AE. You're failing horrendously, by the way.
You're saying that since he came from the indies, he doesn't deserve any treatment what so ever? Do you think The Rock did absolutely nothing before coming to the WWE? I'm sure he worked many indy events, he would of had to. The majority of wrestlers need to, to show that they can work the ring infront of a crowd. Ambrose is a great wrestler and has great charisma. You're obviously just dissing him because you think it's something Rock316AE would do. Give up, kid.
no i dont think that, but i hate the fact that you think the oppisite, that he should be handed everything because he is from the indies

welcome to the IWC wrestlingforums.com, where having a rock avatar and voicing your opinion on a indy wrestler is trolling,blind hate, and you trying to be like ROCK316AE

·
Registered
822 Posts
Who knows with WWE, it depends how serious they are about him from the start. If Vince sees him as a star, he will become one no matter what. If he doesn't, then it could go either way- he may stand out or he may be booked so badly that he flops.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I'm scared about how they will handle him, but I'm remaining optimistic.

Let's hope that Foley was telling the truth about him having friends in high places who want to see him succeed in the WWE.

·
Registered
873 Posts
no i dont think that, but i hate the fact that you think the oppisite, that he should be handed everything because he is from the indies

welcome to the IWC wrestlingforums.com, where having a rock avatar and voicing your opinion on a indy wrestler is trolling,blind hate, and you trying to be like ROCK316AE
We're talking about someone who has all the tools to be the next superstar, not some indie spot monkey. We aren't talking about his snap suplex, we aren't talking about his arsenal of submission holds, or his shooting star press. We're talking about a guy who has everyone from William Regal to HHH talking big things for him, and you turned it into another conversation about how indie boot lickers don't deserve to lick WWE boots.

So criticizing indie wrestlers does not make you a troll, but treating every thread as an opportunity to put those damn smarks in their place does.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Dolph Ziggler flat out sucks and has risen farther than he has any right to. He lacks mic skills, he lacks charisma, and above all, he lacks stage presence. He commands absolutely no attention. Yeah, he can wrestle, but if they were gonna run their business only on who could wrestle without taking into consideration any other factors, they wouldn't make a lot of money. You can point to Daniel Bryan and say "well, what about him", but to be honest, even Bryan at his worst is about 50x better than Ziggler at.....anything. Ziggler is so un main event worthy. I don't know what other words there is to describe it, he's anathema.
Completely disagree. The man oozes charisma. Has a great stage presence and I dont recall him ever having an awful promo. Sorry, agree to disagree.

But it was funny you mentioned they tried to make Kennedy the star he was meant to be... because I found nothing appealing about Kennedy at all.

Ambrose? Heard of the guy. But havent seen much of him. I'll make a proper opinion after watching a match or two.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts

you my friend need to be enlighted about dean ambrose
SOME OF HIS PROMOS

SOME OF HIS MATCHES

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Triple H supporting you is cursed ask Sin Cara.
Or alternatively, ask Batista and Sheamus. :rolleyes:

Sin Cara is cursed because Vince was a moron and thought that he could send a guy out on live tv with no experience in the WWE style of wrestling and without a grasp on the English language. It does not work that way.

Where's the evidence that Triple H likes Ambrose, though? I've not heard this.

Completely disagree. The man oozes charisma. Has a great stage presence and I dont recall him ever having an awful promo. Sorry, agree to disagree.

But it was funny you mentioned they tried to make Kennedy the star he was meant to be... because I found nothing appealing about Kennedy at all.

Ambrose? Heard of the guy. But havent seen much of him. I'll make a proper opinion after watching a match or two.
You found nothing appealing about Kennedy but you think Dolph Ziggler oozes charisma, has great stage presence and always cut great promos. You must be confusing identities.

You think Ziggler would be a total job guy who has to lose to Brodus Clay and Hornswoggle in midcard comedy matches if he offered anything other than match quality? Of fucking course not. He's used that way because a guy like him isn't marketable.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts