Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The thread about Jericho saying if there were an IWC in the 80's he would join got be thinking about this. I thought in the 80's the "IWC" would have existed as people writing in to the pro wrestling magazines or maybe on BBS's?

I remember in the 90's being a channel op on Undernet IRC's #wrestling channel and posting on RSPW earlier than that. IWC hasnt really changed much since then. Everyone still hates everything lol.

When did you start getting on the internet to bitch about your favorite wrestlers not getting pushed?

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
I used to lurk on a forum around 2003/4. A good proportion of the posts were about Christian not getting used properly, it's nice to know we've moved on since then :p

The only one I've joined is this one.

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
I've known of them since about 1999 when I started using the internet, didn't bother to join one until last year when I joined this one.

·
Registered
813 Posts
In the 90s, there were a couple of AOL Chatrooms dedicated to Pro Wrestling that had a pretty good following. And even before then, there were a couple of e-Feds on WebTV (haha, dating myself here) that had good message boards.

Earliest I can remember it, or at least earliest I was following it, was probably 1995.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
I started going on the internet regularly in '98, and there were sites like Wrestlezone that were around.

That's how I noticed and became a part of the IWC.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts