Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like both guys(yes one of the few Rob Terry fans) but what is the difference between the two?

Based off performances,is there really a difference? I thought Rob Terry was a better enforcer when he was with Williams and Magnus. He played that role wayyyyyyy better than Morgan with Cornette and Flair. Morgan is a better promo guy. But other than that both guys seems equal too me. You can say Morgan is more athletic and agile but being a big man, you don't really need to. How often should big man go on the top rope? Should Morgan be bumping for X division guys? Of course not but he does anyway.

·
Banned
1,242 Posts
Mic work.
The look (no steroid monster look)
Better wrestler.

Pretty much better at everything.

·
Registered
549 Posts
The difference is charisma, I find Morgan to be hilarious. Add to that the fact that he looks more like an imposing human and less like an unhealthy steroid freak, and Morgan is better in every way. Not saying that Terry can't improve, but he was given a spot on Impact! a few years too early, imho.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
Wow, this thread is such a huge insult to Morgan fpalm Terry is shit at basically everything, Morgan has the potential to be a star.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Of course there's a difference. Matt Morgan can entertain, Rob Terry can't.

·
Premium Member
44,440 Posts
Morgan is far more polished as a talent and doesn't look like he got his body by roidin' up.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,156 Posts
The difference is like the gulf between a glob of stale, cold oatmeal with flies buzzing about it and a giant lump of cat piss with a cat turd stuck in it sideways out of your litter box.

One of these, you can probably eat by closing your eyes real tight and pinching your nose, the other would most likely make you throw up as it nears your lips.

Both of them are awful, but you can bear one and not the other. Morgan is sometimes able to make you think he might know what he's doing; Terry's most memorable moment of his career was taking one of the stiffer chairshots to the skull I've seen in a long time.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
Kurt angle managed to get a good match out of morgan

Rob Terry can barely get one

so what am i on the ball here

·
Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
12,952 Posts
Terry would pull every muscle and break every bone in his body trying to do a Bicycle Kick like Morgan does. And pretty much everything else Terry can try to do, Morgan can do better.

I find it insulting that you're even comparing some no talent juicer to The Blueprint.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
fpalm

Wow the op must be a bit slow so i'm gonna use pictures to help convey the differences of Morgan and Terry.

One is obviously on seroids.

Morgan is a lot better on this.

Morgan actually has a personality too.

Morgan is also immensely better in this...........

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
Morgan is an athelete

Terry is a Bodybuilder

that pretty much says it all

·
Registered
12,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow a lot of steroids arguments? That's not a deciding factor, this is pro wrestling not baseball.

I feel like Rob Terry enforcer role and his push before the whole Orlando Jordan thing(which killed his heat) was better than anything Morgan done in TNA. Wrestling is about playing your position, both guys for most of their time in TNA was use as an enforcer and power wrestler. Terry was more believable. I did like the Morgan/AJ Styles series but that's about it. I'm a fan of his promos.

Both guys is a victim of bad booking.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Both guys need to learn how to work and both guys need better protection. Both can truly be something big in TNA if TNA only knew how to book big men.

When TBI started off Terry was always the one taking the falls and from much smaller guys then he. Terry was then pushed as a face, won a title, and was thrusted into a program with the most unover worked in the company OJ. He hasn't learned anything in the ring and is still weak sauce on the mic. While he has improved a little, there is still a lot to be desired and it all can't be placed squarely on him.

Rob Terry is a green worker who was put in matches against AJ Styles, Abyss, and others who have more exsperience then he and he had not time to learn his own craft and crave his own ring identity. TNA has Dreamer, Raven, Rhino, and Richards on the roster and have those guys working against guys who knows their craft (Roode, Storm, Styles, Flair, Williams) and should instead be working against Terry in a program to teach that kid how to work. This would also require for Terry to be booked as a big men and not getting school boy'd so easily in a 4 minute match.

Matt Morgan is 7'0 tall but is booked like he is long rather then imposing. There is a lot that can be done with him and he has shown he can cut a promo (though he tries way too hard most of the time) and can go in the ring when he is allowed ( vs. Angle at BFG). Morgan needs a better booker and should be protected. I looked at the recent Impact Spoilers and just shake my head. This has been going on since he got there.

Terry and Morgan are money. TNA just needs to realize that and get with the program.

·
Perry Karavello
602 Posts
Wow a lot of steroids arguments? That's not a deciding factor, this is pro wrestling not baseball.

I feel like Rob Terry enforcer role and his push before the whole Orlando Jordan thing(which killed his heat) was better than anything Morgan done in TNA. Wrestling is about playing your position, both guys for most of their time in TNA was use as an enforcer and power wrestler. Terry was more believable. I did like the Morgan/AJ Styles series but that's about it. I'm a fan of his promos.

Both guys is a victim of bad booking.

I like Terry but you're nuts.

Steroids do matter. He's stiff, slow, and looks freakish (not a bad thing)

And don't start the whole enforcer thing.

That's like saying Miss Teschmacher is as good as Angelina Love because she was as good of an assistant as Love was a wrestler..

Terry stood around in jeans, man. Morgan ACTUALLY WRESTLED.

Morgan has a lot of personality and he's proved he's great in the ring many times over.

Rob Terry is very replaceable. He almost can't be understood when he speaks, and he's got nothing special in the ring.

You get any giant, muscley man and he'll be interchangeable with Terry.

Though I have to admit, I really don't like the way Morgan's being used in Fortune.

·
Registered
12,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Both guys need to learn how to work and both guys need better protection. Both can truly be something big in TNA if TNA only knew how to book big men.

When TBI started off Terry was always the one taking the falls and from much smaller guys then he. Terry was then pushed as a face, won a title, and was thrusted into a program with the most unover worked in the company OJ. He hasn't learned anything in the ring and is still weak sauce on the mic. While he has improved a little, there is still a lot to be desired and it all can't be placed squarely on him.

Rob Terry is a green worker who was put in matches against AJ Styles, Abyss, and others who have more exsperience then he and he had not time to learn his own craft and crave his own ring identity. TNA has Dreamer, Raven, Rhino, and Richards on the roster and have those guys working against guys who knows their craft (Roode, Storm, Styles, Flair, Williams) and should instead be working against Terry in a program to teach that kid how to work. This would also require for Terry to be booked as a big men and not getting school boy'd so easily in a 4 minute match.

Matt Morgan is 7'0 tall but is booked like he is long rather then imposing. There is a lot that can be done with him and he has shown he can cut a promo (though he tries way too hard most of the time) and can go in the ring when he is allowed ( vs. Angle at BFG). Morgan needs a better booker and should be protected. I looked at the recent Impact Spoilers and just shake my head. This has been going on since he got there.

Terry and Morgan are money. TNA just needs to realize that and get with the program.
Great response

Thanks Batista, that was the whole point of my argument. I never said Morgan was better but most people took it that way. They both was booked in the same type of roles and both eventually came up with the same results. Except Rob Terry didn't even get a chance to work with Angle and Styles on a regular basis like Matt Morgan but yet people expect Rob to be this super worker.

I think with great booking, Rob Terry being a dominant babyface and Morgan being a dominant heel, both guys can be $$$$ for TNA.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts