Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone explain the hype to me? I'll admit I don't know much about the guy but from what i've seen from him so far he's nothing to write home about. I actually heard someone say they'd like to see him fued with bryan for the wwe title. I was like...what? People talk about miz's voice being annoying well IMO ambrose sounds like he swallowed a pot of coffee as a child and has damaged vocal cords or something. Anyways can somebody enlighten me on this?

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Has the makings of being a great heel in the future for the wwe. Tremendous on the mic, he does lack ring skills however, but if wwe uses him correctly he can be a big time player with a dark gimmick. A top heel in the company at some point..

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
This is true.After all the initial hoopla like we are seeing the second coming of Jesus Christ,Dean Ambrose has failed to impress me whatsoever.

The guy that has most impressed me is Seth Rollins after everyone counted him out.

PS:Go to the official Shield thread in the RAW section,and all the fangirls of Ambrose will tell you,what's so special in Dean:lol:cool2

Reactions: Showstopper

·
Banned
7,268 Posts
The hype started on the indy's when Jon Moxley was cutting fucked up promos like this.

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
Dean Ambrose has everything it takes to be a future star within the company, he has incredible unique psychology in and out of the ring and he knows how to work a match too, all three of these guys in The Shield are absolute top form performers all in their own right, they all bring individuality too, which when packaged up in a stable, creates the whole package, that's why The Shield are one of the BEST stables in years and years.

Ambrose is also incredibly good on the mic, and he's a great worker, you can see this within him when you watch his matches, however if you watch this ... this should also answer your question and give you a good idea in regards to why Ambrose is so highly regarded, not only by the public but by the people within the industry, the guy is a future star, without a doubt, as long as they utilize him of course.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
The guy is nothing more than a henchman for Triple H. They've hidden all of his strengths and made him "just another guy". I think that might have something to do with you not seeing the big deal about Dean Ambrose.

·
wrap
9,027 Posts
He's good on the mic, and is OK in the ring. Not bad in the ring, just extremely overrated.

Honestly, if used correctly, he could be a major player, so he could potentially be a big deal.

·
Banned
7,268 Posts
The guy is nothing more than a henchman for Triple H. They've hidden all of his strengths and made him "just another guy". I think that might have something to do with you not seeing the big deal about Dean Ambrose.
Right.. WWE is holding back Ambrose so much, much like they're doing with Bryan to, Bryan is a way better wrestler than what we see on RAW. He's still really good, he could be so much better though.

they gave the FCW Heavyweight belt to Seth Rollins for a reason.....just saying.
And they gave the US. Title to Dean Ambrose for a reason.....just saying.

·
Asuka
96,569 Posts
He's one of the best mic workers they have and he knows exactly who he is and always has the right expressions and movements and never looks out of place. He's a pro and he's only going to get better, he hasn't even hit his prime yet.

The only reason some people hate him is because they've done the same thing they did to Barrett, minus the ridiculous jobbing streak, they took his biggest strength away from him and just had him wrestle. He's not Seth Rollins, he's a maniacal psycho who a good writer could produce gold with. As far as the voice thing, just watch promo clips of him on Youtube and get used to it. When I started listening to Motorhead it took me a couple of months to enjoy Lemmy because of that weird voice but once I got used to it he sounded amazing.

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
He's great. In time you will see, if they don't fuck it up.

He's someone who could kayfabe drive one of the top faces absolutely crazy.

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
Well, I can see him being around on the wrestling circuit for a long time, whether that's in WWE or not, I don't know, but he's definitely going to be highly respected, even though I feel he already is, by his peers and the fans who know what a talent is when it comes to wrestling.

Like a member above said, he hasn't even hit his prime yet and he's already on top form!

·
Asuka
96,569 Posts
meaningless title to a meaningless guy, makes sense ;)
Except he's not a meaningless guy, he's been in the most pushed group since Evolution since he debuted, and he's not even the job guy, that's Rollins. I'll bet if somebody put together a comprehensive list of the former world champions he's pinned, it'd be a pretty damn good list for less than one year in the WWE.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts