Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
April 3, 2011. Georgia Superdome. Whats the best main even that WWE can come up with at this point?

My fav's:

1) John Cena (WWE Champion) vs. Undertaker - Streak vs. Belt match

2) Wade Barret and Nexus members vs. Mr. McMahon, Shane McMahon and HHH

·
Registered
544 Posts
No to number two thanks

Orton Vs Cena Face Vs Heel

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Here are some matches I wouldn't mind seeing at WrestleMania:

Undertaker vs Cena

Barrett(c) vs Cena

Fatal 4 Way: The Miz(c) vs Orton vs Cena vs Barrett

Undertaker vs Barrett

Edge(c) vs Christian

Edge(c) vs Kofi Kingston

Alberto del Rio(c) vs Kofi Kingston

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,819 Posts
At this point, they've practically cornered themselves into having to save the Nexus blowoff for Wrestlemania, pairing Barrett and Cena up against each other in the true main event over it, six months to the day after their Hell in a Cell match.

WWE needs to use Wrestlemania this year to finally cement the ascending stars of today: Barrett, Miz, Del Rio, Sheamus, et. al. Look at it as Wrestlemania XXI, the dawning of a new era.

Cena vs. Undertaker can be saved for Wrestlemania XXVIII, with 20-0 on the line. That's a slam dunk, but between now and then they need to keep working hard on establishing the current top guys from the Youth Movement.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
Undertaker-Cena would be epic as a wrestling fan.

Bush Vs. Obama would sell a billion ppv buys though.

·
Recognize
21,503 Posts
Biggest? Taker vs Cena and Trips vs Rey imo. Best? I'll have to agree with DesoRow once again. This needs to be the year that marks the true start of a new era. If guys like Miz etc don't win then they sure as hell need to be put over in a HUGE way. Because come Mania 28 and certainly after that, for all we know Taker, HHH, Jericho and Edge aren't going to be there which = a lack of starpower which = shitty buyrate. The older stars are on their way out and if they want to keep people watching they need to make new mega stars.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Here are some matches I wouldn't mind seeing at WrestleMania:

Undertaker vs Cena

Barrett(c) vs Cena

Undertaker vs Barrett

Edge(c) vs Christian

Edge(c) vs Kofi Kingston

Alberto del Rio(c) vs Kofi Kingston
I wouldn't mind any of these except for the Fatal 4 Way unless Miz was out of it. But I think Edge and Christian would be the best match by far.

·
Premium Member
18,116 Posts
Biggest? Taker vs Cena and Trips vs Rey imo. Best? I'll have to agree with DesoRow once again. This needs to be the year that marks the true start of a new era. If guys like Miz etc don't win then they sure as hell need to be put over in a HUGE way. Because come Mania 28 and certainly after that, for all we know Taker, HHH, Jericho and Edge aren't going to be there which = a lack of starpower which = shitty buyrate. The older stars are on their way out and if they want to keep people watching they need to make new mega stars.
Yeah pretty much this. Taker V Cena would probably be the biggest Main event they could do and the last big main event they really have atm. As for the best though Mania 27 needs to feature someone new like the Miz. Tbh what they should do is go down a similar road that they did in WM21 where they had Cena & Tista win the World titles for the first time and shot both to main event heights. We need something like that again to ring in the new era. Especially since damn near all the older guys like Kane, Taker, HHH, Jericho, Edge, Show, Rey etc... are going to start moving on due to old age and injury. Now more than ever we need to see a rise in the stars before its too late.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Anyone thinking the Miz is going into Mania as champion needs to tell me what they're on so I can go get some of it. Cena and Taker could make you think that maybe the Taker could lose but Jericho and Taker would be a better match. Edge and Christian would be great if they did it right. The Nexus angle at this rate would be an awful main event unless they spice it back up tenfold.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
perfect

apart from HHH vs Taker or HHH vs Rey Rey or Batista vs Goldberg vs Sheamus

·
Asuka
96,360 Posts
It has to be Barrett vs Cena for the WWE Championship with the Nexus being disbanded if Cena wins. It just...has to be.

The storyline has been TOO big to do anything else. If they do Cena vs Orton for the billionth time or Cena vs Taker, I'm gonna be fuming. Especially Cena vs Taker, which should be saved for WrestleMania 28 for Undertaker's 20'th WM match.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts